[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
English-subbed Japanese Pokémon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Original_series_logo.png (180 KB, 585x293) Image search: [Google]
Original_series_logo.png
180 KB, 585x293
Is there a well-known torrent for English-subbed Japanese-spoken Pokémon episodes? The old ones: Indigo League, Orange, Johto, Advance...

All I can find is an overabundance of English dubs and a few Japanese originals torrents, with subtitles nowhere to be found

Hope your help will be super effective!
>>
Nyaa seems to have a bundle of options, just search for pokemon and sort by size.
>>
>>154842
Thanks. I've gone through everything, no better luck. Only a handful of English-subbed episodes or English subtitles.

The disappointment is high.

Any other idea? Plz hlp!
>>
Oh my god, I've just tried watching the English dub of 002 after watching the English-subbed Japanese 001. It's terrible. It feels so wrong. It's so unnatural.

Please help guys, you're my only hope.
>>
>>154827

Indigo League subbed: http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=231729

Raw episodes 001-276: http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=109902

Advanced Generation raws: http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=196897

Sadly, raws and surprisingly a subbed Indigo League are the best you're gonna get.
>>
>>154980
>Indigo League subbed
I hoped so too but no: only three episodes are subbed (001 035 038), the rest is raw or dubbed

I may seem picky but I really hate dubs, and unfortunately my Japanese isn't good enough yet. And yet I'd really like to find out more about that anime, especially with the success of that smartphone game!
>>
>>154984

Oh, is that the case with Indigo League? My bad. Sorry to get your hopes up.

And it's fine, a lot of dubs are bad. It's kind of funny that something so popular doesn't have raw+subs for anything beyond the last few anime. Even Yugioh has that.

I don't think you'll really find anything that interesting from the old anime though. Might as well just start watching Diamond & Pearl or Best Wishes, since D&P looks a bit iffy on subs for the whole thing.

I'm sure you can find the first three movies with Japanese audio + subs.

Oh, actually, I just remembered Kissanime. It doesn't have everything, but it has 1-43 and then a few others. Not the best, but it's something.

https://kissanime.to/Anime/Pokemon-Sub
>>
>>154991
Dude thank you so much! That site looks like the real deal, and judging by the extatic comments on the page, I wasn't the only one looking for English-subbed Pokémon!

Also thanks for the recommendation. I kinda wanted to start by the beginning, and I've got to admit I don't really understand this whole "series of seasons" thing. Is this a reboot every time? Does Satoshi meet Pikachu for the first time in the first episode of each series?

For the sake of completion, I've just noticed that the official Pokémon site appears to have English episodes with English for the hearing-impaired subtitles. I was thinking, if it were possible to extract the subtitle track, I would then be able to mux it with a Japanese raw... See how much trouble I'm ready to go to avoid having Japanese characters speak in English with British accents?
>>
>>154998
They're dubtitles. The characters would still be talking about eating jelly donuts and shit.
>>
>>155001
Ahh crap you're right

Pokémon surely is in a sad state subtitle-wise!
>>
>>154998

>I've got to admit I don't really understand this whole "series of seasons" thing. Is this a reboot every time? Does Satoshi meet Pikachu for the first time in the first episode of each series?

It's more like he loses all of his Pokemon/doesn't use any of his previous Pokemon (for the most part) and Pikachu "goes back to level 1" between each season. Satoshi reverts back strategically as well. It's just a way of keeping it fresh, but also frustrating in a way.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.