[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anyway to get an alert when a new episode of a seasonal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1467912649360.jpg (10 KB, 347x315) Image search: [Google]
1467912649360.jpg
10 KB, 347x315
Is there anyway to get an alert when a new episode of a seasonal anime comes out?
>>
MAL usually has an air date.
>>
RSS feed of a news site/official site? I don't watch anime but I assume there's sites listing release dates.
>>
>not setting up your torrenting software to automatically download from RSS
Also, learn the release days, it's not that fucking hard
>>
>>153140
It's kinda difficult to if I'm watching alot of shows at once.
>>
>>153143
You could write it all down...
>>
>>153143
Do you have Taiga? I think it can be used for this.

Alternatively you can use a calendar widget, like Desktop iCalendar Lite, you can set weekly recurrence alert at any time of the day, for example if an anime episode is aired on Friday at 14:25 you can easily set the calendar to alert you at this time every week, you can also choose any file you want to use as alarm.
>>
File: Setting up RSS downloader.jpg (1 MB, 1265x3562) Image search: [Google]
Setting up RSS downloader.jpg
1 MB, 1265x3562
>>153143
In that case you should be using an RSS downloader like the other anon suggested. They're super easy to set up, most modern torrent clients have one built into them by default. I use qbittorrent but the process isn't much different on Deluge or even utorrent.

There's a couple ways to do it. If you have a lot of shows you're downloading then I think the best way is to set up feeds for uploaders rather than specific shows. I made a guide for how to do this using Berserk as an example show and Nyaa Torrents as the example tracker. I recommend using Nyaa because it allows for a great deal of customization for your RSS feeds, enabling you to have very specific rules for your downloader.
>>
>>153426
Oh I forgot to mention, the reason this is advantageous to people who watch a lot of anime is because you can apply multiple rules to each RSS feed you are subscribed to. Like for HorribleSubs, on any given season I have like 15 rules applied to that feed for different shows, and if I drop a show or complete it I just delete the rule. Adding shows is very simple once you have the actual RSS feeds you want, you just do steps 7 and 8 and apply the rule to whatever submitter feed you want to grab it from. You can set up feeds for other groups besides HorribleSubs, like Commie, FFF, etc, and even have a rule be applied to multiple feeds, like if you want to compare fansubs so you apply it to FFF and Commie's feeds so you get both their releases.

Once you are subscribed to the feeds you only ever have to add or delete rules for specific shows at the start/end of seasons, making it very efficient. Because HorribleSubs' feed moves quickly and by default is set to only show the last 50 items in the feed, it won't grab stuff older than a day or so. But for slower feeds like any of the fansub groups, it can even grab stuff months old.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.