[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need help wiping a laptop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: definitely-retarded.jpg (58 KB, 553x484) Image search: [Google]
definitely-retarded.jpg
58 KB, 553x484
I've got a Toshiba Satellite laptop running Windows 7 I need to wipe so my mother can use it, and I don't know the first thing about reformatting this piece of shit. I've been reading shit up and I need a Windows 7 installation/repair(?) disc.

Can any anon help me out I'm completely retarded.
>>
>>153100
When it's booting up there's almost always a button (f11, f2, etc) that allows you to go into options. Some computers allow you to do a factory reset this way.
>>
>>153126
Do I need Windows 7 ISO files or my product key if I were to do this? I've got a duplicate key I used awhile back that doesn't seem to work anymore, and my key on the bottom is illegible.
>>
getintopc.com to get the iso, use daz loader to activate
>>
>>153100
>>153139
>>153340
- Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool*
- Use it to create a bootable Windows 10 installer USB
- Boot your existing Windows 7, and use the USB to upgrade it to Windows 10
- [This registers your motherboard as having a valid Windows 10 license on the activation server]
- Boot off the USB, wipe the hard disk and do a clean Windows 10 install
- You don't need to do anything to activate it, because you have a valid license and it activates itself.

* https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10ISO
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.