[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently borrowed a laptop from my dad, and the internal fan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1466617618041.jpg (63 KB, 450x562) Image search: [Google]
1466617618041.jpg
63 KB, 450x562
I recently borrowed a laptop from my dad, and the internal fan has stopped working.
I use it to play video games and so far it's 75+ degrees when just watching videos. I used to get 50+ fps in overwatch but now its down to 6.
I am far from any technicians, nor do I have the time to get it fixed since I'll be travelling soon.
Is it possible for me to get a good temperature drop with an external cooling pad?

Sorry I'm not good with these
>>
You will fuck it up completely if you keep using it
>>
>>151371
No.

You'll probably kill it running it with no fan at all.

Laptops have had active cooling since 1995 or so, and active cooling simply doesn't work at all without the fan. The ducting is too enclosed for any kind of convection like you'd get if your desktop's fan failed.

Google "<your laptop> service manual", get a "<your laptop> fan" off eBay, some thermal paste and (if your laptop uses them) a slice of thermal pad, and change it yourself.

Be methodical, take photos of any wires that go through channels or slots, and get a bit of paper, put every screw you take out on it, and label them.

You'll do fine.
>>
>>151385
Thank you for your help!
I tried taking the screws off but they seem to be badly stuck. I guess I'll have to take it somewhere after all.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.