[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GOOD depictions of romance in manga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: cute stupid people.jpg (223 KB, 1200x920) Image search: [Google]
cute stupid people.jpg
223 KB, 1200x920
I'd posted this on /a/ earlier, but was told this was the more appropriate board.

I've been in a mood to read or watch some romance lately but I'm not sure where to start.

I've noticed that a lot of the time romance in manga is total crap. Either the MC is a complete spineless loser who would die a kissless virgin unless some girl fell on his face lips first and who runs from even the most mild contact with the opposite sex streaming blood from his nose, or else the writer decides to throw a bunch of pointless angst and edge try-hard drama into the story that kills the fun mood.

How many manga out there have the main couple honestly tell each other how they feel early on and actually shows them being in a relationship that advances forward instead of maybe just ending the last chapter with a kiss (if you're lucky and the writer doesn't just end flat with no kiss whatsoever)?

Could be any type - shonen, shojou, josei, seinen, etc. - just as long as there's likeable characters and a decent love story in there.

Pic Related: even if the MC here starts out the story as kind of a loser he does get together with main girl and they are actually established as BF/GF relatively quickly.
>>
File: Ore Monogatari 03.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ore Monogatari 03.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>150442

I haven't delved into too much romance, even though my backlog is full of it, but Ore Monogatari!! seems like something you've enjoy. It's also got a nice anime adaption. It starts out immediately with the main couple falling in love with each other and then the rest of the manga is their love strengthening with the hardships that come with being in a relationship. I believe the manga just ended or is about to end. And they're the most adorable couple.

Enjoy, if you haven't already read it. Hopefully you haven't, or else I'd feel bad with nothing else to recommend.
>>
>>150447
I loved the anime for that one - it was cute as hell.

I've never gotten to read the manga though, the sites that I'd checked didn't carry it beyond where the show had stopped up to.
>>
>>150442
Do you have a list of things you've watched/read?
I don't want to list stuff when you've read 90% of them.
>>
>>150454
Well, as far as good romances go I haven't really seen much.

I thought Jitsu wa watashi wa was cute, and ore monogatari.

Most other things that I've seen/read have been a let down romance-wise though.
>>
File: 2007-12-12-82010.jpg (804 KB, 1274x1500) Image search: [Google]
2007-12-12-82010.jpg
804 KB, 1274x1500
>>150455
If you haven't seen Toradora yet, I don't know what hole you've been living in.
Spice and Wolf
Your Lie in April. Bring tissues.
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime (Snow White with the Red Hair), I've only seen the first season, but I liked what I saw.
Sukitte Ii na yo. (Say "I Love You"), Only saw the first few episodes of the anime, but I own the first few volumes of the manga and it's good.
Dengeki Daisy, one of my favorite romance manga.
Kaichou wa Maid-sama, Honey and Clover, 5 Centimeters Per Second, We Were there, Nodame Cantabile, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun, Eden of the East, Golden Time, Inu x Boku SS, Ao Haru Ride, Plastic Memories...
That list should keep you busy but if all else fails, browse: http://myanimelist.net/anime/genre/22/Romance
>>
>>150472
Thanks, I'll check these out!
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.