[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tech Support
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1376702175051.jpg (58 KB, 640x436) Image search: [Google]
1376702175051.jpg
58 KB, 640x436
Mobo: BIOSTAR TZ68A+
Old CPU: i3 2120
New CPU: i5 2500k

My new CPU doesn't seem to work. When starting the PC the mobo light will turn on, then just before POST the system will restart. I've stripped out all components with just the CPU, PSU, and RAM in with no luck. After trying the new CPU I swapped back to my old one and the system boots fine; it's what I'm using now.

Is there anything I'm supposed to be doing on a BIOS level before installing the new CPU that I've forgotten? Following troubleshooting guides aren't very helpful as they mostly point to the CPU being faulty.
>>
It isn't incompatible so it should work as soon as you plug it in. If you can try putting it in a different computer to make sure it isn't your motherboard. my guess is that the cpu is faulty see if you can get it returned and get one that is working.
>>
>>149794
Unfortunately, I got the CPU as part of a hardware swap. I purchased multiple parts, but the CPU is the only one giving me trouble. There won't be an RMA on this one.
I could try asking around if anyone else has a socket 1155 motherboard, but most of my friends wouldn't know what I meant or already have better.
>>
>>149802
When I built my current PC i had forgotten to plug the CPU in. This caused my system to restart right before it was about to post, just like your problem. I plugged it in and it worked fine, so either your CPU is dead, or it's not plugged in. and I doubt you forgot to plug it in.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.