[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some serious help here because I am lost as all heck.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: c02.png (887 KB, 1000x891) Image search: [Google]
c02.png
887 KB, 1000x891
I need some serious help here because I am lost as all heck.

I decommissioned my old PC and got some new parts, was running fine when I set it up, everything seemed normal. Temps, clocks, power, all in order. Could run and play on it for several hours. Even tried the Asus overclocking feature to have it gently knock things up a notch after I was sure the cooling worked. Then I went to see my father over the weekend and when I got back yesterday shit started.
The thing kept turning off randomly. Screen goes idle, fans turn up a bit, 10-20 seconds later the whole thing shuts down. In Windows, in safe mode, load, no load, didnt matter. NOTHING related shows up in the eventlog, just the "unexpected shutdown" warning.
Tried reinstalling the OS, flashing new BIOS version, disassembled almost the entire thing, put one component after another in, switched out RAMs, tried without GPU, tried several BIOS settings etc., all the while stresstesting each step with benchmarks, Prime95 and memtest.
After about 4 hours it seems like everything was back to normal, I had re-assembled the entire thing and freshly installed the OS, made sure I got all the drivers and left most stuff at default in the BIOS. So I thought I was safe. Ran a few more benchmarks, gamed for a few hours, all coolio.
Then, today, just fifteen minutes ago, the shit happened again. Now it even happens in BIOS as I was checking settings. I am honestly left clueless, it CANT be heat, BIOS tells me everything is alright around 30°C.

Running the following specs:
ASUS Maximus VII Hero
Intel i7 4790K
BeQuiet 750W PSU
4x4GB 1600 DDR3 RAM
GTX 970 with single monitor
m.2 Samsung Evo 950 as boot medium
one more SSD and two more HDDs
Noctua NH-D14 fan
chassis has like 4 fans extra, all are turning
BIOS version is 2.16.1240

I am SO lost as to what it could be. When I fixed it yesterday I thought it might be related to Voltage because Core 2 keeps swinging between 1.04 and 1.2 Volts but google said not it.

Please Help!
>>
I flipped up CPU-z and squeezed this report out of it. Maybe this helps with finding the error(s).

pastebin com/gKabU7cT
>>
Cool story bro Make sure everything connected. Didnt read all that shit
>>
>left most stuff at default in the BIOS
Have you tried starting it without changing anything in the BIOS?

Make sure you have all the power supply pins in the right places. Triple check both manuals.
Have you tried starting it with only the OS drive? Leaving out the extra drives.
Have you tried using your other drives for the main drive?
Was there any static discharge between you and the computer?
Try different parts if you have any, like a spare PSU, CPU, MB, to find out which part is/is not causing problems.
>>
>>147476
>Have you tried starting it without changing anything in the BIOS?
I started it with defaults when the errors first occured, still the same. Then when it worked, continued to work fine, then today again with the error persisting. It's messed up.

>Make sure you have all the power supply pins in the right places. Triple check both manuals.
Fairly certain it's all good. Checked the ASUS and BeQuiet manuals, ATX power, bith large and 12V seem in order.

>Have you tried starting it with only the OS drive?
Indeed. Was part of my troubleshooting. No change.

>Have you tried using your other drives for the main drive?
Not yet. Might be an idea. I prepared a stick, can test that later.

>Was there any static discharge between you and the computer?
I tried to keep touching grounded stuff like the heating and kept everything packed until needed. Can't rule it out but I shouldn't have shocked the components.

Spare parts are sadly not available. Currently toying with the idea to haul the thing to a service so they can test each component thoroughly.
>>
So when you start it, it loads windows, then says "unexpected shutdown"?
>>
No no. That's just the error windows spits out when I check the error log.
When I start it, it boots normally into windows and runs just fine. But it does the shutdowns (as described above) randomly after that. Might be 5 minutes, maybe 10 or more. Might be while idling, might be while doing benchmarking. It even happens in the damn BIOS!
I just reapplied the thermal paste to rule that out, didnt really help it seems.
>>
>>147518
Oh, ok. Sounds like a defective memory problem someone had before on here. It could be any of those parts though.
If it won't work from other drives, then I would take it to a shop, or try testing with someone else's hardware. Good luck.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.