[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm this close to losing my shit and installing arch. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1431802296948.jpg (44 KB, 650x487) Image search: [Google]
1431802296948.jpg
44 KB, 650x487
I'm this close to losing my shit and installing arch.
I have an x220 with windows 7, and it keeps getting microstutters because of the wifi driver, in the past i could uninstall the wifi driver reboot and reinstall it and the stutters would be gone but now it lasts 5 minutes before the stutters come back. I've tried puppy from a usb and it works flawlessly. Is there a fix for this or should i just wipe it and install arch?
>>
Open it, take the wireless adapter out, rub an eraser on the gold connector, clean it and put it back in.

https://support.lenovo.com/videos/pd022685
>>
>>146195
my god you are a wizard thank you
>>
>>146195
fuck nvm its still stuttering
>>
>>146213
Reset your router to factory config, test now
>>
>>146214
it does it regardless of what network im connected to, but mind you that in any linux distro this does not happen
>>
>>146216
Then it's probably windows fucking up. Disable your firewall and antivirus if you have it

Open regedit
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control > Class > {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Now you see a list of folders: 0001, 0002, 0003 and so on... Click each folder until you see a key named 'AdapterModel' containing the name of your adapter. Look for a key named 'ScanningWhenAssociated', find all keys with this name and change them to 0.
>>
>>146220
I found the wifi in 0017, but the adapter model key doesnt exist instead it says 'DriverDesc' and im not seeing the 'ScanningWhenAssociated' anywhere in it.
>>
created a key 'ScanWhenAssociated' and set it to 0, after some googling, still not working.
>>
would buying a new wifi chip fix it??
>>
>>146234
If it was gradually getting worse, then yes, it's probably the adapter
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.