[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
random pc freezes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: help.jpg (23 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
23 KB, 385x385
before i resort to reinstalling windows 7, i would like to but i can't find some decent .iso (link me some good torrent if you can)

my pc randomly freezes for a while now, my sibling installed a win7 theme but it also came up without shady apps like free antivirus and stuff but i managed to uninstall it i dont know if it has remains but i don't know how to remove it manually

i was hoping if i can fix this problem without resorting to reinstallation
>>
Screenshot of task manager window please
>>
File: 2.jpg (58 KB, 330x509) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
58 KB, 330x509
Not OP, but I have a very similar problem. Occassionally my PC freezes for a couple of minutes and then goes back to narmal and does all the tasks i clicked while it was frozen.
>>
File: tsk.png (62 KB, 1366x736) Image search: [Google]
tsk.png
62 KB, 1366x736
>>146207

>>146221
mine is worse, everytime i boot up there is a chance that my pc will freeze without even opening a single program and i need to reboot it several times, ofc i also reduced the startup programs but shit nothing happens, nothing is also wrong with the hardware
>>
>>146221
>>146236
Go to admin tools, open the event viewer before it freezes, note the time of the freeze, take a screenshots of the event viewer and post it here
>>
>>146349
the freeze is so random, i think it will take some time to capture
>>
If you have System Restore enabled, just restore back before that theme was installed.
>>
>>146619
most of them are recent, i would like to try but the theme was installed on the 1st day of this month and the oldest one is day 16th i'm kind of afraid to fuck this up, could you please explain what would happen is i restore?
>>
>>146626
Anything installed (games, programs, drivers) after restore date will have to be reinstalled. No documents or file downloads are affected.

But since your latest restore date is AFTER the install of what you think is causing the problem, I guess it doesn't matter.
>>
>>146630
the random freezes didn't really start after my sibling installed that and i think it started after 1-2 weeks ago
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.