[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Found this pc on craigslist for 500 USD. Can I run any game,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 01111_fjnDoyUn0rq_600x450.jpg (25 KB, 360x450) Image search: [Google]
01111_fjnDoyUn0rq_600x450.jpg
25 KB, 360x450
Found this pc on craigslist for 500 USD. Can I run any game, including newer, high end games on it? He says he can include a Radeon R9 390 8gb for an extra 200 USD, is that worth considering?

listed specs:
AMD 8350 CPU
Biostar TA990FXE Mobo
16GB G. Skill RAM
MSI 750ti GPU
Rosewill Mid ATX Case
Rosewill 750 Power Supply
Western Digital Raptor Hard Drive
21" LCD Monitor 1080p 60hz
Red LED Keyboard & Mouse
Windows 7 (up-gradable to 10)
>>
>>144927
Btw it is listed as having been used for 5 years, not sure if that would affect it much but thought it might be important
>>
>>144927
Pay the extra $200 for the 390, upgrade to Windows 10, and you'll be golden. The CPU isn't very good outside of DX12 (which is coming and will work on all games), but it's actually very good when games use all cores. You should definitely be able to run most games at 1080p/60fps mid-high
>>
File: 1464640492262.jpg (415 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1464640492262.jpg
415 KB, 1000x1000
>>144927
You cannot handle much newer, high end games with that setup. Plus that CPU is pretty shit. It seemed stock as fuck. All the dude did was upgraded the GPU, RAM, and PSU. 500 bucks for this? Nah. 300 is the highest the shit will get.
>>
>>144927
Alright, so the pc on itself is pretty good i'm not fan of AMD CPU but from people having one it really good. for 500 dollars 5 years use it pretty good.

But do not take the Graphic card there will be new one release in a couple of day, for the same price better performance. Like rx 480 by example. there is a terrible computer cable management you would need to work on that and do a fresh install of window 7 to get a clean and new pc. you've got a pretty good deal just need to invest on a better graphic card the R9 390 not worth it with the upcoming one. Go to https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Main_Page to get more information.
>>
>>144927
Negociate it for 300 and buy the R9 390, then upgrade CPU and GPU for something better you will be golden.

For the love of god do not upgrade to window 10.
>>
>>144939
That sounds like a great idea but I've never negotiated before, also the listing really promoted the great value of the thing, he included the prices for all the parts and said it would MSRP at around 1000$ so negotiating might be difficult for a first-timer. Do you think I should put my foot down at 300 or should I just get it as low as I can and settle?
>>
>>144945
Well, even for average dealer i won't lie 300 is low but the PC as been use for 5 years. Without a guarantee. get it a low as possible. use as argument that newer GPU will come out for better performence and price, to giving you a idea CPU plus the mobo, RAM, GPU (750ti) worth 475 dollars new. Which mean that what this guy have might have issues, the monitor could worth 60 dollars, keyboard might also be no name.

So the pc part don't worth much more then 400 dollars at the best and the graphic card 200 dollars is good deal if you got a deal at 600 or 500 dollars that will be good.
>>
>>144927
1. AMD's single threaded performance is pretty bad nowadays, if you were goint to use it for video editing, rendering, etc. it'd be a great pick for the price, but since games rely heavily on single threaded performance i'd recommend you get an i5. As to what >>144934 said, DX12 is going to take at least one more year to become mainstream and older games won't have support for it. What DX12 does is take the load off of the CPU and make better use of the GPU, this won't make your CPU perform better, it'll only make it less necessary.
2. That PSU is way overkill for that build and it's.
3. That HDD could be a newer raptor or an old one. It's one of the best around, but if it's a 5 year old drive it's probably gonna be on the end of it's life.
4. 750ti is barely gonna run games at console levels, the r9 390 is a powerhog and for 200$ you could wait a week and get a rx 480 that performs a little bit better than the 390 and uses 1/3 the power.

Here's what i'd buy:
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/qjjYJV
>>
that shit is not worth $500
>>
>>144952
Thanks, I'll talk so some more people before I decide but thanks for the help.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.