[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I buy this pc?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: 00101_dnShIvh2EqL_600x450.jpg (24 KB, 336x450) Image search: [Google]
00101_dnShIvh2EqL_600x450.jpg
24 KB, 336x450
I found what is advertised to be a complete gaming pc on craigslist with the following specs. I have been wanting a gaming pc for a while and this seemed like an interesting option as it is listed at 300 USD. All I want in a pc is to be able to play any game I want at a playable performance. I don't need insane graphics or frame rates, just enough that I can play any game, even newer games. If necessary I could also possibly upgrade this in the future.

case - Corsair Obsidian Series Black 650D Mid Tower Computer Case -http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Obsidian-Black-Computer-CC650DW-1/dp/B004UE1W9K
motherboard - ASUS F1A75-M Pro -F1
cpu - quad core AMD A8-3850 APU
gpu - ASUS R9270
8gb ddr3 ram
storage - 128gb ssd / 3TB 5400rpm hdd.
psu - SilverStone Strider 500 watt
DVD Burner

(pic was the one on craigslist)
>>
File: 1464602701770.jpg (10 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
1464602701770.jpg
10 KB, 240x200
>>144882
>AMD
>R9 270
>500w psu
Don't bother. The AMD with the R9 270 combo already killed it.
>>
>>144886
So it would probably be more expensive to buy and upgrade this to a useable pc then just building my own?
>>
>>144882
What >>144886 said
I'm pretty snobby when it comes to electronics, especially computer components, because what you pay for is generally what you get.
That being said, that rig is pretty dated and already rocking a not great set up. For $300 it might be worth it, but it's not going to give you great or even mediocre performance. Especially with new triple A games.
>>
File: 1464652322461.jpg (48 KB, 466x601) Image search: [Google]
1464652322461.jpg
48 KB, 466x601
>>144887
Not really. If you really want, go for it. You could probably replace the R9 with something better. Upgrade the RAM, Plus get a bigger and better psu. CPU, well that cpu is pretty outdated. I would suggest you to don't spend 300 on this. At most, this shit is worth in the 200s honestly. In short, you're going to regret getting it.
>>
>>144898
Gotta consider the w10 pro, too. If it's legit, then that by itself is worth $200, price wise. Value wise, you couldn't make me use windows 10 if you *payed* me $200.

>>144887
I personally would recommend building your own rig from scratch, and bootlegging an OS (Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit if you know what's good for you). It's a good experience to have if you've never done it before, and pretty much the only thing worth salvaging from that is maybe the ram (though ddr4 is better), the tower, case fans, and hard drives. Not worth $300.
>>
>>144887
It's not worth it if you're going to upgrade it.
Consider the following:
1. That APU is terrible. Low performance while using a lot of power.
2. That GPU is reasonable for the budget if you were getting it new. Wait one week and get an RX 460 that performs ~15% better and uses 3x less power.
3. SSD is a waste of money on a budget. That HDD is slow as hell, you're never going to use 3TB if you're only gaming.
4. Don't but windows, pirate the LTSB version. (The one coming with that machine is probably pirated anyway).

I would get this on that budget:
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/nBVqsJ
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.