[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I accidentally spilled my cup of water over the right side of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
I accidentally spilled my cup of water over the right side of my keyboard. I managed to dry up all water I could find (I did not remove any keys, so no drying on the inside), and the keyboard appears to be fully working at the moment. Is it possible that the keyboard stops working in the next hour/day/week/month/year as the water that is left moves around?
>>
yes, it could corrode the contacts
>>
>>14437
is there an easy way to prevent this, or should i prepare for buying a new keyboard?
>>
>>14453
WD-40
>>
>>14453
Rewash it in demineralised water, and let it dry thoroughly.

You can get demineralised water in the supermarket in the ironing section.
>>
For better or worse a keyboard is not watertight - I can imagine that if you just spilled water, it will evaporate through every keyboard opening after a week.

You probably just shortened the lifespan of your keyboard if say it it works
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.