[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone knows how to make horriblesubs' soft subs to hard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: sony-bravia_EX700-hero-800.jpg (29 KB, 800x530) Image search: [Google]
sony-bravia_EX700-hero-800.jpg
29 KB, 800x530
anyone knows how to make horriblesubs' soft subs to hard ? my tv seems to be not able to read it
>>
>>144233
Foreplay
>>
Mp4
>>
HandBrake
>>
>>144233
Download bakedfish instead: they're literally just horriblesubs with the process you want done done to them.
>>
>>144239
convert or ?

>>144242
thanks but i have tons of older shows and downloading them again would be a pain in the ass, for future anime i guess
>>
>>144243

Yeah, Handbrake will allow you to convert an .mkv into an .mp4, which hardcodes the subs onto the video.
>>
>>144249
will it affect the quality?
>>
>>144254
you'll have the adjust the settings before encoding. i would keep the originals, and treat the new ones like throwaways
>>
>>144443
i wanna explore it myself but i'm afraid to fuck things up and to not waste time

what would be your recommended settings?
>>
ffmpeg -i video.mkv -vf subtitles=video.mkv -c:v libx264 -preset placebo -c:a copy out.mp4

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/HowToBurnSubtitlesIntoVideo
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/H.264
>>
>>144525
In order, from the top, in HandBrake
Source: File/Folder
Destination: Browse
Output Settings: Container: MP4

Down to the tabs:
Picture: Anamorphic: None
Filters: All off
Video: Codec: MPEG-4, Quality: experiment with it, higher quality: longer encoding time, and larger file size.
Audio: If the video has multiple sources, select the tracks you want here
Subtitles: Add Track, make sure the correct subtitles are selected, and Burn In is checked.

On a i7-4790k, at quality: 1
1.3GB 1080p MKV turned into 1.1GB 1080p MP4, with hardsubs, in 3 and a half minutes.
MPEG artifacts and noise are noticeable, the subs were not anti-aliased. It probably won't make as much a difference from a distance, on your TV.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.