[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A month ago my computer auto-updated to Windows 10, and after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 8.1.jpg (18 KB, 590x327) Image search: [Google]
8.1.jpg
18 KB, 590x327
A month ago my computer auto-updated to Windows 10, and after weeks of instability and crashes I downgraded back to 8.1. While I was in 10 land however, I enjoyed the completely transparent taskbar through use of Classic Shell. On downgrading, much to my chagrin, I found that option lacking in Windows 8.1 classic shell. Anyone know of any non-crack way to make the taskbar completely transparent in Windows 8.1?
>>
I don't use 10. I use 8.1 but I don't even use the classic shell for it. Why would you want to? If I couldn't make the shell look like 7 and other classic versions, I was simply going to downgrade back to 7.
>>
>>143516
That said... there is probably a program where you can get close to reverting back to the 8.1 shell. Google is how I found my solution to what I wanted.
>>
>>143519
Huh? I don't understand your comment. I am in Windows 8.1.
I would like to make the taskbar transparent.
Google has been absolutely no help.
>>
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2054422/five-tools-to-bring-the-start-menu-back-to-windows-8-1.html
>>
>>143559
Thank you for the suggestion. As I said, I already have Classic Shell on my computer. I am not trying to get classic windows start menu, I am trying to make the taskbar 100% transparent, not 50% or glass, or anything like that.
>>
>>143561
one of the options is to make the taskbar transparent.
>>
>>143486
Just autohide the taskbar altogether. I don't know why you people don't hide it in this day and age. It gives you a bit more space when doing things on your computer.
>>
File: taskbar.png (15 KB, 1366x53) Image search: [Google]
taskbar.png
15 KB, 1366x53
>>143586
3 Reasons:
>I like having my open programs easily swappable
>I am used to that, rather than alt tab or other alternatives
>I use rainmeter for system diagnostics, and the taskbard is the perfect size for my diagnostics to show through from the desktop.

I really like the look of an invisible taskbar, but I can't get it working. Now if you know of other alternatives, I would be interested.

>>143562
but not 100%
>pic related
>>
>>143586
I am curious how you navigate through open programs while multitasking.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.