[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
External hard drive recovery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Hi,

What free software for recovery of formatted files on an external hard drive do you recommend?

My friend accidently formatted an external harddrive without copying all of the files

We've used recovery software like DiskDigger and EaseUs and found hte files, but both require a paid license to get the files back.
>>
recuva is free
>>
I'm telling you now you're most likely FUCKED. Have you written anything AT ALL to the drive? if the answer is no you could get a partition restoration program which is by far more reliable and less of a waste of time than file recovery programs.
>>
>>140337
Thanks I'll check it out

>>140355
Yes he put windows 10 on it, but that's it.
>>
>>140355
If the answer was "no", then all the data would still be there, wouldn't it?

Recreating the partition table will do bog-all, because he's kept the partition layout the same, and formatted the one partition that was there.
>>
>>140362

>If the answer was "no", then all the data would still be there, wouldn't it?

Basically. Looks like Windows 10 overwrote whatever was on there previously.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.