[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Noob Moron lokking for anime from childhood
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Question-mark.png (35 KB, 749x946) Image search: [Google]
Question-mark.png
35 KB, 749x946
Hello, all. I hereby subject myself to the hostility that I may incur as direct result of this post.

I have checked the old toonami logs for animes aired from 2002-2006, but have been unable to find anything which jogged my memory.

The anime had a very dark theme throughout. Much of the story took place at night, in dark forests, etc. The main character was seemingly in his teens, and had (maybe) slick black hair. He was often accompanied by a very old, small woman, possibly his grandmother, who was also a sage or expert on magic/mysticism. There was much fighting, and it was one-to-one if I'm not mistaken (Think pokemon or yugioh, not One Punch or Seven Deadly Sins - as far as fight scenes go) The fighters were almost certainly magical, but all human if I remember correctly.

Here is the scene I most vividly remember: Main character is slumped against a tree in a moonlit forest. the old woman is near him, talking passionately, perhaps egging him on so that he fully commits to whatever is about to ensue. The boy begins to writhe in pain, continually more intensely. (I'm not sure how it fits in, but I am almost certain another key character in the scene is a small unassuming and non-threatening looking creature similar to a ferbie, though this may be false) the intensity of the scene grows, and the boy begins to eat himself inside out. End memory.

I understand that this post is almost uselessly vague but please help if you can. I have had this cliffhanger in my mind for years and it absolutely drives me nuts. Thanks.
>>
Sounds like Boku no Pico
>>
>>139202
Close but no cigar.
>>
I havent watched Yu Yu Hakusho in a decade but it sounds very similar to the episode where Yusuke receives that energy ball transfer from Genkai.
>>
>>139208
Thanks! That's the only one that rung faint bells when I was searching. I'll check it out. Any other ideas?
>>
>>139208
HOLY SHIT. YOU FUCKING STUD YOU FOUND IT. THANK YOU.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.