[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Simple inexpensive desk calculator
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 219x230
I need a calculator on my desk that just adds, subtracts, multiplies, divides and maybe even square roots. But I want:

Big buttons
Excellent tactile response
Decent build quality
Decent display
Under $100 if possible!

I have big fat fingers and i need to do a lot of simple arithmetic quickly. Yes I know, l2math. inb4 abacus. I am old and my time is valuable. The Windows and OS X calculators don't cut it when I need to do quick algebra. Some cheap pocket model with rubbery pea sized buttons, I just can't deal with that.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
>>
I meant to place more of an emphasis on the buttons. It needs to feel seamless. If I have to take a second to look and make sure I have my finger on the right button or wonder if I pressed it firmly enough, then that calculator is no good to me.

something with mechanical switches like a keyboard would have. Is there anything out there like that?
>>
>>138501
texas instruments makes some simple ones. my mom has a solar powered one she's been using since the 1990s. it even has a bump on the 5 button so you know when your hand is positioned correctly, like the numpad on a computer keyboard. I think I've even seen them where they are almost tablet-sized, and the buttons are enormous.

try an office supply store. they should have something suitable. if you can't find one with a bump or other tactile thing on the keys, you can always add a dot of nail polish, or superglue on a little nub of plastic or something.
>>
>>138564
what this guy says. just poke around some office or electronics stores, you should be able to find something that satisfies all your criteria for <10$, let alone a hundred. I don't know about literal mechanical switches, but you can easily fine one with large buttons that are firm enough that you can clearly tell whether you've successfully engaged them or not.
>>
File: 1465584614533.jpg (125 KB, 1050x702) Image search: [Google]
1465584614533.jpg
125 KB, 1050x702
>>
just download a calculator app on a tablet
>>
>>138501
>The Windows and OS X calculators don't cut it when I need to do quick algebra
>algebra
That word...

Anyhoo, yes they do, you just need to learn the keyboard shortcuts.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.