[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to build my first pc after release of the rx480. Most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Picture 27.jpg (79 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Picture 27.jpg
79 KB, 800x450
I want to build my first pc after release of the rx480. Mostly I'll play games like skyrim with a few mods, borderlands, gw2 and draw with my bamboo tablet.. I know for 600€ this won't be pretty much future proof but could fit my needs as far as I know... Would the I3 be strong enough do run these games smoothly @1080p? (What about 2560p?) http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/FcskLD (the you in this build is just a placeholder)
>>
>>138136
>the you in this build
Autocorrect.. It's ment to be gpu..
>>
>>138136
cant help you with the build,but i just need to inform you that your taste in games is shit (skyrim,borderlands)
>>
>>138136
all i can tel you is that for comfortable gaming you should have an i5, also if you're ever gonna make a build make sure you have a good PSU , and compensate a little bit ofr the speed by having more RAM
i couldn't find this GPU's specs (rx 480) but if it has 2gddr5 of VRAM or more , it should be plenty for these games, also depending on which mods you're gonna install...
>>
>>138169
Some indie-, strategy-games and jrpgs which probably wouldn't reflect a better taste too but I thought these would be the most demanding of them and that's not the topic.
>>138173
Would an I5 4460 be an improvement? It would be 160€ so still affordable.
Maybe I get it with a Z97X board to be able to put an I7 in it when the prices drop but they would cost about 180€..

The RX480 will have 2304 shading units, 144 texture mapping units, 64 ROPs, with 4 or 8Gb GDDR5 memory on the card, which are connected using a 256-bit memory interface. 5.5 or 5.8 tflops for 250€.
>>
Ill make it a little more simpler than what the nerds posted. Based on what you mentioned. These are the rock bottom things you will need to enjoy yourself to the fullest (without mods)

CPU: Any Quad Core CPU 3.5+ GhZ
Ram: 4GB will be enough for 1 game/application at a time/otherwise get 6-8
Mobo: Match the CPU (no shyt) PciE 3 means NOTHING for a single card so worry more about having sata 3 (for SSD support)

And thats about it the rest is up to you how new you want the components/how much to spend on them
>>
>>138188
Mh an I5 4460 would be 3.2ghz...
Is it worth to look into amd processors?
>>
>>138182
>Would an I5 4460 be an improvement? It would be 160€ so still affordable.
>Maybe I get it with a Z97X board to be able to put an [overclockable] I7 in it when the prices drop but they [the motherboards] would cost about 180€..
Bump
>>
>>138237
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.