[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Missing file after cutting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1463807621087.jpg (195 KB, 1280x398) Image search: [Google]
1463807621087.jpg
195 KB, 1280x398
I had this zip file and wanted to move it so I cut it, but after I tried pasting it, it said the file was gone.
I went back to the previous folder and it was missing. I tried searching for it through the search thingy on my whole computer and it was magically gone.
I was lucky that I had a backup on my google drive, but I'm just really confused. Where did the file go?
>>
Should also mention, the zip was working. I opened it before I cut it and looked at the pictures that was inside.
>>
Well. I only know this happens when you use Windows explorer to view inside a zip file.

It temporarily opens the zip file in order to show it to you so if you cut the file from the zip file in explorer view then use that same window to navigate to the folder to paste it to then windows will have "closed" access to the zip file and the file to cut will not be accessible anymore.
>>
>>135573
Do you know where the file go?
>>
>>135579

I have no idea honestly. I know the original zip file isn't touched so when you back out of the zip view the zip file should still be there in that situation.
>>
Try file recovery software
Install the software on a separate hdd
Recover file to separate hdd
>>
you should always have a piece of software like Directory Snoop installed just for these occasions .. great file undeleter
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.