[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Science test help?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot_5.png (44 KB, 1028x295) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_5.png
44 KB, 1028x295
Can anyone help me with 5 questions on science?
>>
File: Screenshot_7.png (44 KB, 1038x311) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_7.png
44 KB, 1038x311
>>
File: Screenshot_6.png (46 KB, 1314x432) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_6.png
46 KB, 1314x432
>>
File: Screenshot_8.png (65 KB, 609x325) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_8.png
65 KB, 609x325
>>
File: Screenshot_9.png (21 KB, 636x461) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_9.png
21 KB, 636x461
A student applies a force to the stone block as shown. what is the best picture that represents the reaction force provided by the block to the student?
Anyone please
>>
>>134909
When you push on a wall the wall pushes back on your hand with the exact same amount of force. This is what it means by reaction force. D
>>
>>134913
Thanks anon.
You still want to help?
>>
>>134903
B
>>134906
>>134909
D
>>
THANKS SO MUCH ANON
>>
>>134921
I disagree
Pulley acts as a lever so isn't 1 also a mechanical advantage ? Explain this shuit
>>
>>134923
The 1st and 3rd ones are the correct answers, so yes
>>
>>134907
>>134923

2 & 3 give mechanical advantage, which is defined by reducing the force required to apply work. (Note also that 3 is just a combination of 1 and 2.)
>>
>>134923
>>134935
>>135256
Work is always the same, because of conservation of energy.

If you increase the distance the work is applied over, the force decreases, again because of conservation of energy.

_Increasing the distance and reducing the force is called "mechanical advantage"._

Pulley 1, you pull the string down the same distance as you'd pull the weight up, so as the distance is the same, the force is the same, and there's no mechanical advantage.

Pulleys 2 and 3, you pull twice as much string as the distance the weight travels, so the force is half, and there is mechanical advantage.

Finally, you have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>134903
>>134904

Are you fucking retarded?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.