[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, /ck/fag here. >TLDR: Any idea how to allocate more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Huh.jpg (85 KB, 815x543) Image search: [Google]
Huh.jpg
85 KB, 815x543
Hey guys, /ck/fag here.

>TLDR: Any idea how to allocate more space for disk C from another partition (disk D) on the same physical HDD ?

Ran into some problems, Disk C is running out of space and i wish to use space that i can easily spare from disk D.

I have installed EaseUS partition master and failed, went on Youtube to look at some tutorials, but none of the solutions seem to help.

Can you guys help me ?

Pic very related.
>>
Bumparoos
>>
>>134277
1) Gparted
2) this is why you should never have partitioned it in the first place
>>
Seconding Gparted.
What blocks you must be some unmoveable files in your partition D. You can not move them directly with Windows' partition manager.

Make a usb key with Gparted. It's easy to use.
Shrink the partition D to make some space between the partition C and D.
Use Windows' partition manager to extend C.
>>
>>134277
the unallocated space must exist right after the drive you wanna expand. if you already have stuff on the d drive, you can't just shrink the d drive and add the freed space since it will be at the end. tha tfree space needs to come after the c drive. so you will need to back off the d drive and deallocate it then add whatever extra you need to the c drive from the unallocated space, then partition the rest for the d drive, then move everything back.
>>
>>134405
Gparted can simply move the partitions down the drive.
>>
before you mess around with partitions - how much space do you need? you can configure where windows puts some of the larger caches and files. for instance look into moving pagefile.sys onto D - it's super easy and should free up several GB (advanced system settings > performance > advanced > change virtual memory).
>>
OP Here, Gparted worked, Backed up D and moved things around a bit.

Thanks a bunch anons, you guys are welcome on /ck/ anytime.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.