[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BitTorrent problems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
I have a bit of an odd problem with my connection. For background, I'm using qBittorrent 3.3.4 on Win8. Here's what's happening and what I've narrowed down:

Firstly, I can't connect to trackers. They're labeled as 'Not working'. It's not just one tracker that I've been blacklisted from; none of them work, so it must be on my end.

Secondly, I can still download and seed (most) torrents just fine, as DHT and Peer Exchange are both working. In fact, I'm not even sure how long this has been happening, because until now that's been enough to download everything I've wanted. So, it's not that torrent traffic is being blocked.

Lastly, I tried using Deluge, and the problem persisted, so it's not a bug in qB.

This only became a problem because I downloaded a torrent that had DHT and PeX disabled, and now can't get any kind of connection for it.

So what exactly could be causing this issue, that I can send and receive torrent traffic just fine, but not get a response from any tracker?
>>
Does your hosts file have anything in it?
>>
>>133897
Nope.

Also, my original post was slightly incorrect: I know for a fact that this problem arose some time in the last six months, so it hasn't always been there.
>>
>>133899

Well. I'm not too sure on the specifics of trackers and stuff. I just download and it goes. When something so when something does fuck up I just restore from my system image and I'm good as new.

Do you have a software firewall?
>>
>>133900
Just Windows firewall, but that's set to allow anything from either client, and I haven't touched it lately.

I also have some minimal antivirus, but again, haven't changed the settings lately. Also, disabling it didn't help.

Here's another wrinkle: I can get an http response from tracker.openbittorrent.com through a browser.
>>
>>133904

I wouldn't be surprised if Windows Firewall has something to do about it. I use Comodo free personal firewall. From what I understand Comodo takes over and allows you full control. I never trusted Windows built in firewall to allow full control.
>>
>>133891
>qBittorrent
>>
I tried finding a torrent with more trackers, and oddly, found one that worked. So far, tracker.opentrackr.org:1337 is the only one I've been able to connect to.

Is it possible that my ISP has begun blocking connections to certain trackers? But if so, why would they block the relatively obscure NyaaTorrents, but leave the relatively popular opentrackr?

Could anyone else on Time Warner Cable try a torrent from Nyaa and confirm this?

>>133957
Not helpful.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.