[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to be completely honest, I've never been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: allen_walker.png (670 KB, 1416x804) Image search: [Google]
allen_walker.png
670 KB, 1416x804
I'm going to be completely honest, I've never been on this board before, and I probably won't be here again. But I figured you guys know more about anime than anyone I could actually ask in person so here goes. I'm going to be deployed for a good amount of time and I'm trying to load my computer up with as many shows as possible, including some anime, because I think I might want to get into it.

I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations you can make for me. My only requirement is that there's a dubbed version of the show (I know it's a big deal for a lot of people that subs are best or whatever, but if I'd rather not read a tv show if I don't have to).

Some anime I've seen before and liked were
D Grey Man (probably one of my favorites)

Death Note

Attack on Titan (It was good, but a solid 4/5 IMO)

I'm watching Tokyo Ghoul right now, it's not bad but it fails to keep my attention at times.

Blue Exorcist (4.5/5)

and Monster (the one about the german guy who goes around killing people, definitely my favorite anime so far).

If you guys know of any shows like those it would be much appreciated.

And does anyone know if they made a season 2 for D Grey Man? I remember he was about to get on a ship and then the show just ended.
>>
Golden Boy would be a good start, it's from the 90s but good.

Tenjo Tenge if you'd like martial arts + supernatural powers. I'll keep posting when I remember more dubbed animes anon.
>>
Seven Deadly Sins, it's relatively new.

Fate Zero and Fate Stay Night Unlimited Bladeworks if you're into fantasy elements in a modern world
>>
>>132495
>>132496
Berserk (dark fantasy + medieval setting) is very good, old (90s) but good and it has a trilogy of movies that recap the anime with new animation (can't remember if the movies are dubbed though, I suppose they are)
>>
>>132500
toradora (high school setting + comedy)
>>
I want you to know that I'm reading these recommendations, I'm just also watching an episode of golden boy to try it out

I appreciate them, and keep them coming if you think of anything.
>>
>>132502
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (mecha action and a lot LOT of destruction)
>>
>>132502
The Gundam Series, I'll suggest (since it has different timelines) Gundam Wing (90s), Gundam 00 (2 seasons + movie) and maybe, if you liked the others Gundam Unicorn (7 OVAs and an ongoing series that's obviously not dubbed yet)
>>
>>132493
Tokyo Ghoul is better read because the anime takes 'liberties' (aka makes it shit.)

Classics
Evangelion - psychological, scifi, mecha
Mahou Shoujo Madoka - Drama, Magic/(soft scifi), Psychological, Thriller

GOAT anime - faster paced
Darker than Black - scifi, action, hidden identity, mystery, powers

GOAT anime - slower paced/more psychological
Shinsekai Yori - scif/fantasy, coming of age, dystopian
Boku dake ga Inai Machi - time travel, mystery, psychological - dub is coming out
Death Parade - drama, mystery

Fun fast paced anime -
Code Geass - mecha, scifi/fantasy
Gundam 00 - mecha, scifi

Yeah D Grey Man is airing next season. It's basically adapting the manga which has gone balls off the roof insane. If you enjoy DGM's psychological style you might also enjoy Pandora Hearts (the manga because the anime is shit)
>>
Fate stuff
Fullmetal alchemist brother hood has a dub

You should really try to read subs. It sounds better and they dialogue is much better than dubs. Read along with their voices; it makes it much better.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.