[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am going to having no internet for a few months and I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
I am going to having no internet for a few months and I want recommendations for stuff I should take with me.

>games
>manga
>software (including: diagnostic/pc health monitoring)
>anything else

You can sink alot of hours in to RTS/strategy games so I would like some recommendations of that genre preferably.

Thanks.
>>
Books?
>>
>>131574
I probably don't have the attention span for books but I can take recommendations.
>>
You need a decent enough shonenshit show, a grand strategy game, a saga of the tier of Wheel of Time and maybe get a graphic software if you want to get artistic. Pixel art is not easy to get good at, but it does not require talent like other forms of art, such as painting or drawing.
>>
dwarf fortress, binding of isaac, enter the gungeon, dungeon crawl stone soup

some offline games that you can run that will absorb hours.
>>
>>131585
Thanks.
Should I find some infographs for Dwarf Fortress too? It looks complicated.
>>
>>131567
Download all parts of jojo bizarre adventure and the anime adaptation
>>
>>131585
>>131592
>dwarf fortress
IT'S A TRAP!! I once was a successful businessman on wall street with a wife, two kids, a multi-million salary and a 9 bedroom mansion... now I'm living in a cardboard box under a bridge, giving $1 blowjobs to homeless people to feed my DF addiction.

>TL;DR it's seriously addictive
>>
>>131679
I second this

Basically with all JJBA scans and Medieval 2 : Total War + Kingdoms expansion you should be good for at least three weeks.

I suggest Anno 1404 for city building, Pillars of Eternity for RPG, Fallout New Vegas for action RPG, Mount&Blade for action/strategy.
All of them are addictive and are time-consuming.
>>
If you like mistery, murder cases and [spoiler] seeing the same thing over and over again [\spoiler] you could
Read all of detective conan, its has 900 chapters, also you could download the specials of top gear
>>
>>131567
build a dope modded skyrim install

i do a new selection every few months and it keeps me busy for a few weeks at a time.
>>
The witcher

Usamaru furuya manga

Naruto anime

Software? Idk why youd need "pc health" if your going to be without net, regardless ccleaner is good.

If you want, read atlas shrugged, catch 22, 1984, lolita. All good books
>>
>>131567
>games

anything that takes a while to complete, like fallout, elder scrolls and witcher
>>
>>131730
>Idk why youd need "pc health" if your going to be without net
Well if something goes wrong I want to know what the problem is asap so I can then use the internet at the public library to download/find a fix.
>>
>>131567
Urusei Yatsura for anime
Binding of isaac/Civilization/Final Fantasy for games
i know nothing about software
books are a good idea. maybe a pen and writing/drawing block if you're the creative type
>>
>Manga
Five Star Stories (It's okay if you pirate it. I don't think it's getting a digital version anytime soon)
Dragon Ball
Domu - A Child's dream
Love Hina
Kinnikuman
Mother Sarah
Peach Girl
Souten no Ken
Ranma 1/2
>Anything Else
Bakabt has a Light Novel section. You can get some blog only english translations there.
>>
File: 1451070471929.jpg (2 MB, 1400x1949) Image search: [Google]
1451070471929.jpg
2 MB, 1400x1949
>>132010
I'll share some manga charts I found here.
>>
File: 1447436702618.jpg (3 MB, 1850x3632) Image search: [Google]
1447436702618.jpg
3 MB, 1850x3632
>>132019
>>
>>131567
Download MAME and play DoDonPachi or another difficult shmup. Assuming you have no prior experience in the genre, even after months of practice you may not be able to beat it.
>>
>>131567
Sherlock Holmes books are great.
The Watch series, Night Watch, Day Watch, Dusk Watch and Final Watch if you're into Russian bullshit with supernatural bullshit added to it.
Kerbal Space Program, Cities Skylines, Galactic Civilizations 3, Civ V, etc.
Factorio if you like logistics in your games.
Get all the JoJo manga, One Piece is fucking huge too.
You want a huge ass anime? Get Detective Conan.
>>
>>131567
debian
debian administrators handbook
TLCL
LISP
Emacs
Bash
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.