[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you help me out /wsr/? Pc won't turn on. Tried two
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 1461325057725.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1461325057725.webm
3 MB, 640x360
Can you help me out /wsr/?

Pc won't turn on. Tried two separate psus and nothing. The green led on the mobo is on. I also tried shorting the power on pins with a screwdriver and still doesn't work.

So I eliminated psu and front panel button from the equation. What else could it be? Any suggestions. Plsss I just got a copy fallout 4 and want to play so fucking bad.
>>
>>131050
what happens when you hit the power button? Nothing? Is the hard drive spinning? Any beeps?

I had a pc that was fucking up because I forgot I dropped one of the screws inside and it started shorting something out
>>
>>131076
Nothing when you hit the power, nothing. No fans Or hdd spinning. The only thing on is the LED on the mobo letting you know the psu is giving it power. I've tested the front panel power button and psu both are ok it's not them.
>>
File: 1464219599863.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1464219599863.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
Desperate bump
>>
>>131050
do you have a pcspeaker connected? if not: install one (or maybe a led would do the trick) and tell us about the beeps and your type and make of mobo...
>>
>>131050
unplug as much as possible, take out all interface cards, pull ram out, leave only the bare minimum 2-3 sticks or even 1 if possible. unplug all peripherals.
the number of beeps indicates what kind of error if it does error out.
>>
>>131113
It doesn't beep at all. Keep in mind the machine is not powering up at all. Like it's not like it's powering up with the fans going and stuff running but it's stuck at a dark screen before windows loads.

Nothing happens I mean nothing powers on. I believe the mobo needs to power up at least to an "on" state in order to give diagnosis beeps. It's not powering on enough to do that.

Also I have the mobo out of my box at the moment (I've been trying three other psus to troubleshoot) . The ram is out, hdd disconnected, etc. It's just the psu connected and sitting on my desk.
>>
>>131110
The green LED is lit up on the mobo. You mean an Led like that? Do pc speakers come with mobos?

Do they install through the back where all the USB connectors, speakers, microphones, embedded vid card, and other stuff gets plugged in? Or is it a pin connection on the mobo face? Like you ha e to connect then like you connect a cpu fan?
>>
Yes, speakers should come with a motherboard, but it must be connected to the system panel connector. Google "motherboard speaker".

Check for bad capacitors on your motherboard. Google "bad capacitors", if necessary, to see examples.
>>
>>131259
Right near the bottom right corner, where the power on/reset pins are on the mb there's a pic of a speaker labeled "buzz" but there aren't any pins just two electrode metal thing s that look like you can touch with a metal tip.

What the hell is this. I also plugged in the mb speaker/mic I'll upload next pic
>>
Bump

Please /wsr/ save me from having to buy a whole new machine!! Please!!
>>
>>131312
Try it with an individual stick of RAM at a time, one may have went bad. Happened to me before.
Also clean the damn dust out.

When you say you plugged in the mb speaker/mic, do you mean into the back pannel with the USB's are, or on the motherboard connector pins? Pluggin one into the back wont make any noise at all for errors.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.