[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trying to fix a friends laptop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
I am working on my friends laptop trying to fix it, make it faster, clear viruses and what not but I ran into a few problems i've never seen before. First of all I cant log onto the main account it says user profile not found so I have to run it in safemode, second when I try to install avast I get an error saying it cant run it. What I noticed for some reason her " \ " key turned into the pic related. So I noticed that all of the \'s in the laptop is different so it makes alot of programs not run. How can I change the \ key back to normal?
>>
Bump, I system restored and it can't start up now idk why I'm letting it start up repair and it's taking a long ass time
>>
the os has switched to japanese. you've removed too much of the os installation. only way to fix is to reinstall the os.
>>
>>129549
New problem now is I system restored and it won't start up normally anymore
>>
>>129560
theres too many files missing. you need to reinstall. there is no other option.
>>
>>129562
If I reinstall the os will it get rid of all the files? I tried system restore and it just fails everytime for some reason I can't start it up without it telling me to repair then it says it can't repair
>>
>>129529
Install windows to thumb drive, boot from that, and see if you can access files on the main drive?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.