[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ive posted this thread like 5 times in the past month. my pc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 09.jpg (27 KB, 480x265) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
27 KB, 480x265
ive posted this thread like 5 times in the past month.

my pc keeps shutting off on its own. it then turns back on by itself. no warning or anything, power just goes out. its not the psu, i just replaced it with a new one thinking thats what it was. my cpu and gpu are not overheating. my gpu drivers are all up to date. and ive updated them in the past month sits not that either.

what the fuck could it be???

it usually happens while im on the internet. or sometimes when im not even using the computer.
>>
You need to check memory with memtest86
>>
>>127935

I've had this problem happen to me twice.

First time was because my power cable was failing. Second time was because my hard drive was failing.

I don't really know computers, but definitely check those two.
>>
>>127943
This. I'd also check the actual memory sticks themselves. Sounds retarded but I've fixed more than a couple PCs with crashing issuess just by re-snugging the RAM in their slots.
>>
>>127935
>ive posted this thread like 5 times in the past month.
And I've replied like 3 times.

It's most likely your PSU. Get a new one, or at least borrow one to run tests and see if the problem persists with a different PSU.
>>
>>128087
I second the power supply unit, all the other solutions in this thread are for shit
>>
OP I am sorry that your computer is having problems but please don't post the same threads over and over again. it gets tedious. other people on the board do it but that doesn't make it okay, they're being tedious too.

also if you do decide to repost, be discreet. reposting threads can be considered spamming if it's done too much (global 10) and people have been banned for it. I'm not saying that that is right or wrong, just saying I have seen it happen.

anyway, try swapping out your power supply and if that doesn't work, try tom's hardware forum or something. or take it to a repair place.
>>
>>128103
no you won't get banned for reposting. there is one idiot on /r/ who has been posting the same unchanged request since last year
>>
>>128087
>>128090
ive already switched out my psu. i bought a brand new one. new power cable and everything. my pc shut down within an hour.

>>128017
ill try this but there is no way to tell if it worked until the oc shuts down. sometimes doesnt happen for days.
>>
>>127943
>>128017
ran memtest86 and they passed. so im out of ideas
>>
>>128206
Buy or borrow a UPS.

If it's not the power supply, then it's the supply of power.
>>
>>128417
the pc is the only thing that loses power though. i have other things plugged in that never go out. even when the pc goes out.
>>
>>128431
Okay, you know best.

See you next thread.
>>
>>128437
i was just saying nothing else goes out. didnt say you were wrong.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.