[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to encrypt a single folder/file on a USB without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 426x212) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 426x212
Is it possible to encrypt a single folder/file on a USB without buying a special USB (that encrypts the whole USB) or a program that I need to pay for? I just want to encrypt a single folder on my USB. Is there a program that can do this?
>>
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=opensource+encrypt+folder

But if you can't even do that yourself, you'll most likely just somehow corrupt your files.
>>
>>127248
you can just winrar the file with hidden files+password

it's almost impossible to crack with a good password
>>
>>127316
How about 7zip?
>>
>>127316
This.
The other option would be to use something like truecrypt and creating an encrypted virtual drive (it would be a file in the USB drive).
>>127324
Works just as well.
>>
>>127324
>>127325
this, plus you can even change the file extension type afterwards to something random like .inf or .txt to make make it obvious at glance that you're trying to hide something. But even if they find out it's an archive, it would take years of brute forcing passwords to crack the file if you choose a good password
>>
>>127335
to not make it obvious* sorry typo
>>
veracrypt or some other truecrypt successor

encrypted archives are not a good idea if you want to use files inside them; it will write the file on the disk without encryption.
you can use a memdrive though
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.