[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tl;dr: new w10 computer crashes games and sometimes bluescreens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: specs.png (13 KB, 447x377) Image search: [Google]
specs.png
13 KB, 447x377
tl;dr: new w10 computer crashes games and sometimes bluescreens

long version:
I recently built a new pc (see attached specs). Pretty sure it's all put together properly, all the drivers have been installed, along with Windows 10, but Dark Souls 3 and Fallout 4 will randomly crash or force the whole computer to reboot.
I had some issues installing the drivers: first they were old ones, then windows virus protection turned itself back on before reinstalling them (which the readme says explicitly to turn off), and then again with preinstalled Norton. I've tried 4 - 5 times to install the drivers over the top of the old ones (without uninstalling them) and it hasn't made much of a difference.

Does this sound like a driver issue? Should I completely uninstall the drivers and start again? Or does it sound like a hardware not being plugged in properly?
Any help is appreciated
>>
>>125566
bump
>>
Mine used to do that when it overheated (the graphics card) it would crash the game.

I also had an issue back when war craft 3 came out, I updated my bios and it fixed the issue. ( to this day I don't know what the bug was)

Hope it helps.
>>
>>125566
>computer crashing all the time
>it can't possibly be because I'm using graphics drivers so dodgy, Windows Defender thinks they're a virus.
>Also I installed Norton because I wanted the authentic best-buy shovelware experience.
>>
Still having this issue after doing a clean install of the drivers and fucking around in the NVIDIA control panel

>>126020
They're official NVIDIA drivers
No idea where norton came from, probably snuck in with another installer
>>
What's the temp under load?
>>
>>126196
CPU and GPU are 45-50, everything else <40
>>
I swapped out the ram for a spare, and it seems to have fixed it.
Just commenting to prevent another "nm, fixed it ;)" situations
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.