[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Halp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 750x1334
Is this the hard drive? I opened my laptop and want to destroy the hd but not sure how to identify it.
Thanks.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 750x1334
Otherside
>>
File: 1463759760024.jpg (104 KB, 538x802) Image search: [Google]
1463759760024.jpg
104 KB, 538x802
i don't know dude. i'd get a second opinion from a paid professional. it might be the CD drive....
>>
What would happen if I covered that hole?
>>
>>125168
it would be extremely painful.
>>
>>125166
This laptop is so small there is no CD. Thanks though.
>>
>>125169
For who?
>>
>>125171
i was kidding. it's 100% the hdd (=hard disk drive) in case the humour was lost on you. there's no mistaking it - 2.5 inch SATA drive. the round white bit on the back covers the spindle.

if you want to make 100% sure you'd have to cut it open and destroy the disks. i usually just wreck the board and the connectors so nobody else can plug it in.
>>
>>125172
depends. are you a big guy?
>>
>>125176
Oh. I'm an idiot. Lol. Thanks, now I can't destroy my hd with the confidence that I got the right piece.
>>
>>125178
It doesn't matter how big I am, what matters is my plan.
>>
I wouldn't destroy it- just wipe it with one of the programs below, then reformat and reuse it.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/five-apps/five-hard-disk-cleaning-and-erasing-tools/
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.