[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need a little help with my english
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1344437299559.jpg (86 KB, 634x385) Image search: [Google]
1344437299559.jpg
86 KB, 634x385
I'm sorry for making such a stupid request but... natives, I'm counting on you!
So is it okay to say "Those were not your actions that lead him to his death"? Is it grammatically correct? Does it even make any sense? If not, help me please. Thank you.
>>
>>143648
Almost.

"Were those not your actions that lead to his death?"

"Your actions lead to his death, did they not?"

Leading him to his death isn't apt or good usage. Leading him to his car, or to his house, makes more sense. But actions lead to something.
>>
>>143650
I don't know what this anon is talking about; leading someone to their death is absolutely something that makes sense, and is a common turn of phrase.

As for the suggested alterations, I don't think the statement is meant to be a question (note that the question mark is outside of the quotation marks).

The only thing that I see somewhat off about the sentence is the use of the definite article "those". It would flow better to use the word "it" - "It was not your actions that led to his death.", or "Your actions did not lead to his death." to be even more succinct.

Oh yeah - the past tense of "lead" is "led".
>>
>>143660
Thank you so much!
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.