[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for anime with beautiful, stylized designs that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7
File: Casshern Sins.jpg (45 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Casshern Sins.jpg
45 KB, 1024x576
I'm looking for anime with beautiful, stylized designs that aren't minimalistic. I'd say the works or Ikuhara, Takeshi Koike Kenji Nakamura or a show like Casshern Sins, Gankutsuou and Woman Named Fujiko Mine would count. The designs in Yuasa's works are stylized but more minimalist so I'm not looking for those.
>>
File: Different Styles of Anime.png (8 MB, 2417x1984) Image search: [Google]
Different Styles of Anime.png
8 MB, 2417x1984
>>123714

Not all of these are what you're looking for, but they can be a start.

Gurren Lagann
Redline
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
The Big O
Fooly Cooly
(If you haven't already watched these)

Robot Carnival
Neo Tokyo
Genius Party
Memories
(These are all like The Animatrix, if you've watched that)

Kaiji, Akagi, One Outs
Death Billiards (And Death Parade)
Gatchaman Crowds season 1 and 2
Mononoke (Watch the last three episodes of Ayakishi: Japanese Classic Horror beforehand) (Also, not Princess Mononoke)
Giant Robo
Garden of Words (This is more so just incredibly realistic and well-animated, but I'll put it here anyway)
Tailenders (Basically Redline)
Little Witch Academia
Kyousou Giga
Kill la Kill
Shingeki no Bahamut
Metropolis

I think those are mostly decently stylized and what you're looking for. The next ones are slightly more stylized, but maybe not as much as you want?

Sword of the Stranger
Steamboy
Bakemonogatari (And all of its sequels as well as any Shaft show, really, like Madoka)
Madoka
Jin-Roh
Space Dandy
Yozakura Quartet
Eve no Jikan
Psycho-Pass
Death Note

I probably forgot a few, since I only took from my 8/10s or above and I don't know exactly what you want, so hopefully these will hold you for a while.
>>
>>123732

Woops, I meant "The next ones are slightly less stylized".

Although some of those are still pretty stylized. They're all nice to look at and great shows nonetheless.
>>
File: betterman.jpg (312 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
betterman.jpg
312 KB, 1200x900
Betterman had some really neat designs
>>
>>123732
>Gurren Lagann
>Redline
>Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
>The Big O
>Fooly Cooly
>Robot Carnival
>Neo Tokyo
>Genius Party
>Memories
>These are all like The Animatrix, if you've watched that)
>Kaiji, Akagi, One Outs
>Gatchaman Crowds season 1 and 2
>Mononoke
>Giant Robo
>Little Witch Academia
>Kyousou Giga
>Kill la Kill
>Metropolis
I've seen all of these but these are on point with what I'm looking for as well. Some of the creators I mentioned were actually responsible for some of the tiles you mentioned.

I haven't seen Tailenders and it looks pretty cool so I'll check that out. The ones below you mentioned are somewhat stylized but not as much as I like besidides maybe Bake and Madoka. I haven't seen Yozakura Quartet though.

Garden of Words or other Shinkai aren't really what I'm looking for. His style aims for ultra-realism and by stilization I mean stuff that looks nice but strains from a very realistic design.
>>123797
Thanks and saw it, though besides the two characters on the right and the engineer chick I didn't really like the designs.
>>
>>124175

Jeez.

Dead Leaves
Cat Soup
Noiseman Sound Insect
Hells
You Are Umasou
Inferno Cop
Luluco (In case you're somehow not watching it)
Shashinkan (And mostly anything by Studio Colorido, although it might not be as stylized as you want)
Tabi Machi Late Show (More so stylized in its animation)
Hellsing: Ultimate
Cencoroll
Saint Onii-san
A Tree of Palme
Trava: Fist Planet (Redline spinoff of sorts)
Black Rock Shooter
Ninja Slayer
Alien 9
La Maison en Petits Cubes
Interstella 5555
Hashi no Mukou

Less stylized, but maybe you'd like it:
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
Tiger & Bunny
No Game No Life (More so just the colors?)
Concrete Revolutio (Normally regular style, but it goes into segments of stylized animation often)

Probably not what you're looking for, since it's more like Yuasa, but Kujira no Chouyaku.

Give Short Peace and Batman: Gotham Knight and maybe Halo Legends (Haven't actually watched this) a watch if you haven't seen them. They're compilations like Memories, Neo Tokyo, etc.

And that's basically everything I've seen that I'd consider "stylized". At least with your definition and restrictions of it. Hopefully someone that's watched some more will come around, since you seem to have watched most everything I listed. Also, check this image as well, has a few I haven't watched.
>>
>>124186
Tjamls a lot, haven't seen Midori - Shoujo Tsubaki, Universe, Monogram, Soul Taker, Tabi Machi, Black Rock Shooter, Alien 9, Hashi no Mukou, Black Rock Shooter. That's a big enough list so thanks for all the effort.
>>
>>124321

Glad to help.

Wish I could recommend more. It almost feels like I've watched too little. Or maybe you've just watched too many (that I have also watched).
>>
>>124328
I just enjoy titles like those in general, so I've seen a lot of those. That's why I'm asking here, I've seen pretty much seen everything you'll get by typing things like "anime with unique arstyle" or "artsy anime" in google.

I'm especially glad for Universe. I know I saw that thing in some Yoh Yoshinari MAD but I never knew what it was.
>>
>>124329

Yeah, it's fine. Wasn't really saying it as a bad thing. Well, maybe for me. Especially since I haven't watch everything on these charts I'm posting. I'll get there one day.

Guess I'll have to watch Universe now.

By the way, I didn't think these two pictures would help, but after looking at them, they may have some more that might interest you. And since it probably isn't apparent, I saved all these charts at least 3 or 4 years ago, so there might be some newer stuff I'm not remembering or didn't watch that would also be good stuff.
>>
>>124346
>>
File: Genre Defining Anime.jpg (2 MB, 3247x1661) Image search: [Google]
Genre Defining Anime.jpg
2 MB, 3247x1661
>>124348

Oh, there was a third one, too.
>>
>>124350
>>124348
>>124346
Thanks, though I know those charts and I've seen a lot from them. But I'll look them over again in case I missed something that sounds interesting.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.