[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pc troubles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Z170_Stinger_w_600.jpg (98 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Z170_Stinger_w_600.jpg
98 KB, 600x600
So I've put together my pc using a Stinger z170 Motherboard and everything is on and running with power going through the Motherboard to the Usb ports and all the lights and fans turn on that are connected through the MB.
But the lights on top flash 19 ( Pre-memory south bridge initialization is started) and 53 (Memory Initialization error. No usable memory detected)
What does this mean and how can I fix this?
>>
what memory is installed?
>>
>>122152
That would be the Ram correct?
The crucial tech ballistick 16gb(2 8gb)ddr4
>>
Had a check on the manual, check on the board you should see a LED.

DIMM LED (Yellow):
When the Memory slot is functional: This LED is on

Double check to make sure you have pushed the RAM into to the DIMM slots and the clips are pushed in
>>
>>122173
Yeah its on , ive checked that before and they are are atm I just have 1 in because that was apperently and issue
As of now I have a yellow red and white one right beside the dim slots
>>
have you tried each RAM stick in each slot as well to see if its 1 bad stick of RAM or 1 particular slot. i guess you could try resetting the CMOS as well. you should see a button for that.
>>
>>122184
Yes, both ways.
>>
>>122192
well the RAM is compatible with the board and the error is pointing to the fact the board is not detecting any RAM installed.

If the RAM is pushed all the way in and you have tried all the combinations of slots.RAM and you have reset the CMOS then I guess there must be a H/W fault somewhere i Would suspect the board at this point over 2 diff sticks of RAM.

Is it brand new if so open a RMA with EVGA or the returns policy of whereever you got it from.

I cannot think of anything else to suggest especially seeing as the post error code is not detecting the RAM.
>>
>>122200
Pc wont turn on either lol
Soubds like an issue with the board then?
>>
>>122202
Correction the board wont output video
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hrMlv2Wg_8
>>
Reset CMOS via shorting the peans (read the manual) and you can access BIOS once before rebooting again. Use a usb to update the bios. Memory issues are not uncommon with skylake/170 chipsets. I avoided getting a 2x16gb kit about a month ago because the board I wanted to get at the time had reported problems with it so I bit the bullet and got 2x8 for example. They released a fix 2 weeks ago.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.