[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to job?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1460166539891.jpg (38 KB, 852x1041) Image search: [Google]
1460166539891.jpg
38 KB, 852x1041
I am working at a retail store owned and operated by the owner and I am the only other employee. I might get a job offer almost making twice as much for a quarter of the work in a field I love how do I break it to him with out burning bridges. I have had more jobs then I can count and was a shit bag by either leaving with out saying a word or quiting then not going to work. I want to do right by him cause he's been good to me how do I do this?
>>
>>118822
talk to him and tell him you got a job offer for 2x what he's paying you then ask if hes willing to match that if you stay (assuming its the pay that is whats making you wanna switch). if you decide to leave be sure to give him the usual 2 weeks advance notice (quitting by not showing up is the wrong way to do it) so he can find someone else.
>>
You do the standard leaving procedure: give as much forward notice as you can. I can guarantee you this guy knows you never planned to stick around forever. If you really like the guy, just keep working hard all the way up to your quit date. Quitter's apathy is the most surefire way to tell a boss you never cared about the place.
>>
take him out for drinks sounds like your plannin on leaving tell him your leaving for better oppurtunitu hec you could find him a replacement
>>
whatever you do do it fast dont wait

get everything you need done before sundown the goldenrule
>>
Thanks guys this will help me quit the right way leaving cause retail and cold calling for vapor shops only get you so far but the It field as more pay and more opportunities thank you so much guys
>>
>>118842
>>118822
This seems obvious, but don't give your current employer written notice until you have received a formal written offer from your new employer.
>>
>>118842
one thing to note is that sometimes working for a larger company means more headache and stress (upper management can sometimes be a real pain and can get you caught up in corporate politics) than working as a simple clerk and maybe better in the long run.
>>
>>118856
It would be simple if I wasn't a shitbag and just dipped out on other jobs cause of reasons outside of my control it's the first job I am leaving professional lol
>>
>>118881
I would say that the pay increase is worth it, worrying about bills should not be as big of a stress as it is now with the little money and little headache I get from this job
>>
>>118856
Just have to wait for formal job offer now it's pretty much in the bag
>>
>>118951
i see you've never worked in a corporate environment. well i guess you gotta learn at some point so it might as well be now.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.