[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could anyone help me out? This is gonna sound weird, but I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: some plant.jpg (660 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
some plant.jpg
660 KB, 2000x2000
Could anyone help me out?

This is gonna sound weird, but I need some tips so tomorrow I can pretend to know gardening.

I am an actor and I only need like 20 seconds of doing something with a small plant. I can only think of moving the dirt beneath and having a water sprayer. But I'd like to know what I'm pretending to be doing, because anyone can tell if I'm just being a phony and fucking around with a plant until I get my dialogue.

Sorry for this mess of a text. Thank you so much in advance, and sorry for the long post.
>>
What is the context? Are you outside? In a plant shop? At home? Are you a professional or a hobbyist? What type of plant do they provide you with? Any more props you have available?
>>
>>140965

First of all, thanks for trying to help and sorry for the lack of info. For some reason, I always forget about the context.

I am supposed to be a gardener (no specifics about expertise, so I'll pretend to be average). I am told to enter the scene with a pot containing any plant and "do something with it" (no specifics either). I am "doing something" until the character stops because of a strange vision, carries a small conversation with his wife and leaves with the plant, in whatever state it is.

Maybe I'll just pretend to be trimming.
>>
>>140984

If it helps, I forgot that this happens outside. I am working with a plant in a pot, but in a private garden.
>>
>>140984
>>140985

alright. that helps a lot. there is very little actual incentive to take a plant outside or move and outdoor potted plant. trimming, pulling out dry leaves, watering, etc would all be done in place.

the only reason i can think of would be potting for the first time or repotting.

let me paint the scene:
there is some kind of plastic on the floor, prepared as a work area. nearby is a large sack of planting earth and a small shovel. a nice looking ceramic pot is prepared. a watering can or hose is nearby. you could be wearing light gardening gloves. you bring out the potted plant and set it down. either you've just bought it and it comes in that small plastic disposable pot or the current ceramic pot has grown too small for the plant. as they grow bigger above, so do their roots below. as they fill out all the space (and frequently turn the contents of the pot into more roots than earth with a dense network of roots, also keeping the dirt in a hard pot-shaped block) their growth is inhibited. the size of a plants foliage and roots is linked.

you would set the plant down. shovel some fresh soil into the new pot. if you want to go full plant afficionado: the actual pot usually has a hole in the bottom, so the plant doesn't sit in water (and has its roots rot away). before planting you usually put a small stone over the hole, so the water can escape, but the fresh soil doesn't go out or is washed out when watering. the potted plant is then either put into a small plastic saucer to catch some water (you wouldn't carry that around when potting) or the actual pot is put inside a bigger decorative cachepot which might be nearby.

continued...
>>
>>140988
>continued...

with the new soil prepare a bed for the plant. then carefully pull the old plant out of its pot (some wriggling required; some soil will go all over the place, hence the plastic underneath, but mostly it should be a solid root core). then you would plant it in the middle of the hole in the new pot, carefully fill up the surroundings with additional soil and pat it firm with your fingers. in the end you would water it extensively.

for the purposes of the scene i'd suggest getting to the putting the plant into the new pot and starting to fill up the edges stage. because if you then leave visibly shaken after the vision or distracted after the conversation the plant would slant into the direction where the edge of the pot is not filled in, giving a visual indicator of a job prematurely aborted. it also allows you to not have to deal with water. just take care the plant isn't too big, so it doesn't tilt out of the pot and to the ground.

have fun being a gardener for a day :-)
>>
File: sloth background 2.jpg (360 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
sloth background 2.jpg
360 KB, 1280x800
>>140988
>>140991

Wow, anon, thank you so much for this. Really.

Even if it only serves as a gesture, have my favorite wallpaper. It's a dumb offering, but you really helped me there.

Godspeed.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.