[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my son is building his first pm and asked me to help he cho
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image_4.jpg (105 KB, 640x617) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
105 KB, 640x617
my son is building his first pm and asked me to help

he chose these parts
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mZfd8d

can I reduce the price while keeping the "quality"?

total newfag at this
>>
Is your router close enough to where his PC is to be able to connect to it with an Ethernet cord?
>>
>>117237

nope, different rooms.
>>
>>117241
He might disagree, but I don't think you need 16 gigs of RMA, you should be fine with 8 or so.
>>
>>117241
Also you really don't need an optical drive now a days, and if you're fine with pirating you can pirate windows seven, then legally upgrade to 10.
Also you might not like what I'm going to say, but I'd replace seagate with something else, they're known for being bricks that die in 2 years or so.
http://techreport.com/news/25940/hard-drive-reliability-study-names-names
>>
I heard that Radeon cards can get very hot.. maybe wait until the GTX 1070 comes out?
>>
>>117243
>>117247
alright, replaced the Seagate with Hitachi
replaced the 16gb with 8gb

gonna keep the optical drive tho

>>117249
will do this, not a big change in price

appreciate the help guys
>>
>>117247
>if you're fine with pirating you can pirate windows seven, then piratically upgrade to 10.
FTFY.

The highway says you can't go faster than fifty, but I tried it and it worked just fine.
>>
I'll explain my changes.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wXQd8d

>Cooler
The Hyper EVO is top notch for a great price, it won't outpreform the Noctura but it will save you those extra bucks while still giving you a good performance.

>Storage
You have SATA 6Gb, use it fampai. Put the OS on the SSD.

>Case
Why the FUCK do you want a full tower for a MicroATX board? This one is cheaper, nicer, and will fit your upgrades.

>Wifi adapter
This was more of a personal vendetta against USB wifi. This one has a strong antenna and bluetooth.

>OS
Pirate 7, upgrade to 10 if you really want to.
>>
>>117373
alright, may as well use this

still gonna wait for the gtx 1070 tho
>>
File: 1462677709594.png (322 KB, 819x496) Image search: [Google]
1462677709594.png
322 KB, 819x496
>>117247
>>117368
>>117373
any beginner friendly guides on tormenting the OS (and installing on the SSD)?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.