[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i need an ecchi battle anime that isn't a harem already
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9
File: 1450249115503.jpg (291 KB, 878x615) Image search: [Google]
1450249115503.jpg
291 KB, 878x615
i need an ecchi battle anime that isn't a harem
already seen KLK and ikkitousen
>>
File: 25132l.jpg (57 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
25132l.jpg
57 KB, 225x350
>>117140
Highschool of the Dead
I'm not sure about the non harem part but as far as it did not strike me, I think it's not harem. (I cannot stand harem either)
>>
>>117140
RWBY
>inb4 NOT ANIME

It's anime-adjacent
>>
>>117166
i've been watching it for two years bro
>>
>>117140
Strike Witches.
>>
How is klk ecchi you dumb gook.
>>
>>117246
do you not know your genres? ecchi means "sudden nudity" or revealing clothing, being used as humor. so anime anime where the clothes get ripped frequently, or the girls battle outfits are skimpy, as a main plot point, is an ecchi. i may not have explained it very well, but
>harem = protag with a group of girls/guys that want him/her
>ecchi = sexual or nudity related humor/plot, usually involving girls
>battle ecchi/harem = having the harem/ecchi as a subplot and fighting an enemy/each other as the mainplot
>>
>>117140
Queen's Blade gets a bad rap, but it's about as ecchi battle as it gets. I personally liked everything but Rebellion.
>>
Yozakura Quartet Hana No Uta isn't ecchi really, but it does have quite a bit of fan-service, and has really fucking excellent production value. I really cannot recommend it enough.
>>
>>117334
i actually wanted to know what this was when i saw a gif of it one time, but i ended up starting an argument about source and spoonfeeding instead
>>
>>117341
Yeah /a/ would usually rather fuck up a thread bitching about people asking for sauce than feed them and be done with it. I usually just feed.
>>
File: AZ8GqrE.png (169 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
AZ8GqrE.png
169 KB, 600x1000
>>117341
Just make sure you get the Hana no Uta version. There's a previous adaptation by Nomad that is shit and you shouldn't watch it. Hana no Uta is amazing though.
>>
>>117352
>spoonfeeding in /a/
>in other words, welcoming the worst kind of newfaggots
Kill yourself.
>>
>>117357
Hate me all you want to. A question and answer is better than an entire thread derailed by useless autistic bickering.
>>
>>117359
That answer will generate countless other questions. And then for those who got their questions answered to invite their friends.
>>
>>117370
I think you may have a slightly warped view of how things actually happen dude. Regardless, I'll continue to feed anyone who asks for sauce in the hopes that a thread won't be derailed, because that is more important to me.
>>
File: 1455996976268.png (138 KB, 700x596) Image search: [Google]
1455996976268.png
138 KB, 700x596
>>117372
>I think you may have a slightly warped view of how things actually happen
No. What I have is experience.

I've been here since '04. Some time around 2010, /a/ stopped caring about it, and started spoonfeeding. The quality of the board quickly deteriorated, and it wasn't 'til the mods put a sticky saying that those who ask for sauce and those who spoonfeed would be banned that the board became usable again. Because rule #6 is there for a fucking reason. But for a while, hell, for a few months, half the threads made in /a/ were sauce requests.

Notice how the quality of the board has gone down by quite a bit lately? It's entirely your fault.

Same reason why you shouldn't fulfill every request made in /wsr/. Only those with proper OPs, that don't make you feel like pic related.
>>
>>117374
There is literally never threads posted to /a/ asking for sauce in the OP. I'm on the board pretty much 17 hours a day, every day. I would fucking know.

I also have a very, very hard time believing you were here in 04.
>>
>>117376
>There is literally never threads posted to /a/ asking for sauce in the OP
Because they get deleted and the OP gets banned. Because of what I explained in the previous post.

Were you even here before /wsr/ was created?

And yes, I've been here since '04. Except during half or '06 when 4chan was down all the time, and I spent my time in /azu/.
>>
>>117377
I've been here since 07. Also I'm very glad /wsr/ was made, since it's a good place to redirect people asking for recommendations, and /r/ is so fucking utterly useless.
>>
>>117380
>I've been here since 07
If you were here since '07, you'd know what I'm talking about regarding 2010. Unless you simply don't lurk /a/. Because the mod stickies were very real.

And yeah, I like /wsr/ a lot too. I like fulfilling worthwhile requests, and a containment board is the best option for it. But everything I said here >>117374 still stands.

Also, learn to fucking sage.
>>
Queen's Blade
Don't bother with the Rebellion OVA
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 720x480
>>117377
>/azu/
Reminder that /azu/ is back and now lives at http://ib.axypb.net/azu/
>>
>>117357
>>117370
>>117374
>>117377
>>117381
are you fucking kidding me
take your fucking autism back to /a/, this is /wsr/, a board CREATED for the sole purpose of sppoonfeeding.
>lmao lets save /a/ by shitting up threads with 500 post arguments
>sure showed those spoonfeeders who would use 3 posts we could've used and ruin the thread
>>
>>117166
It's not ecchi.
>>
>>117604
Fuck you.

I was replying to a post about spoonfeeding in /a/ (>>117352), explaining why, under rule #6, asking for sauce and spoonfeeding in /a/ was historically banned, and the reasons why it's been heavily enforced for the last half decade+.

The fact that /wsr/ was created as a containment board for spoonfeeding doesn't fall into the equation, though I did discuss in what ways it might here >>117374 and here >>117381

Make yourself taller.

Also,
>are you fucking kidding me
>your a white male!
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>117656
holy shit, i didn't read your whole comment before, but
>Same reason why you shouldn't fulfill every request made in /wsr/. Only those with proper OPs, that don't make you feel like pic related.
that's fucking retarded
>>
File: ben-to-05-large-09.jpg (175 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ben-to-05-large-09.jpg
175 KB, 1280x720
Ben-To
People beat the shit out of each other for food. Good, entertaining, anime. Some fan service but it's been a while and I don't remember how it is.
>>
>>117307
Because klk doesn't play the nudity for titilation, and by the end of the series it's just everywhere, all the time and you're sick of it.

It doesn't meet any definition of ecchi, including your own.
>>
>>117748
klk is an ecchi
what is so hard to get about that?
>>
>>117749
Erm, the fact that it isn't.

It's just not.

Cat Planet Cuties is.
High School DxD is.
Strike the Blood is.

KLK is not.
>>
>>117763
>>117763
>>117763
in what way is klk not ecchi? it differs from other ecchi, but it is definitely ecchi.
>her power is wearing as little as possible
>comedy is nudity centric
>all characters wear skimpy outfits and have moments wear their clothes fall off/are destroyed for comedy
that's an ecchi, there's not much else to it. it doesn't feel the same way as most popular ecchis, because the formula is slightly different, but it is an ecchi.
>>
>>117763
here, i found a definition of ecchi

Common elements of ecchi include conversations with sexual references or misunderstandings (e.g. double entendre or innuendo), misunderstandings in visual depictions (e.g. suggestive posing), revealing or sexualized clothing (e.g. underwear or cosplay), nudity (e.g. ripped apart clothing, wet clothing, clothing malfunctions) and the portrayal of certain actions (e.g. groping). This kind of sexuality is often used for comical effect. A typical example scene would contain a male protagonist that trips over a female character, giving the impression of sexual harassment.

The concept of ecchi is very closely related to fan service. While fan service describes every aspect to please the fans, ecchi relates to sexual themes. A special kind of fan service, that is usually bound or justified by the narrative.

klk is an ecchi because the nudity/sexual comedy/sexual references are part of the narrative and not just here without any greater context
>>
>>117773
>Common elements of ecchi include conversations with sexual references or misunderstandings (e.g. double entendre or innuendo),
Completely absent
>misunderstandings in visual depictions (e.g. suggestive posing),
Completely absent
> revealing or sexualized clothing (e.g. underwear or cosplay), nudity (e.g. ripped apart clothing, wet clothing, clothing malfunctions)
So prevalent the viewer becomes blase to the the whole thing
>and the portrayal of certain actions (e.g. groping). This kind of sexuality is often used for comical effect. A typical example scene would contain a male protagonist that trips over a female character, giving the impression of sexual harassment.
Again, completely absent. (Also, there's no male protagonist).

The only time it gives the "impression of sexual harassment" is when a character is actually raped, and it most certainly does not play that for laughs.
>The concept of ecchi is very closely related to fan service. While fan service describes every aspect to please the fans, ecchi relates to sexual themes. A special kind of fan service, that is usually bound or justified by the narrative.
Again, the narrative is tangential to any fanservice that might be present, and certainly doesn't exist as a flimsy pretext to shovel it in, like, say, Asobi ni Iku yo!'s clothes-destroying-gun.
>klk is an ecchi because the nudity/sexual comedy/sexual references are part of the narrative and not just here without any greater context
klk is not an ecchi, because there is no sexual comedy, the sexual references are played not to titilate the viewer but to disgust him, and sex/sex-comedy is not even *present* in the narrative*.
>>
>>117780
*if you're really going to try and argue this point, please come up with a convincing explanation why it's ecchi when:

- it's not a sex-comedy
- there are no ren-ai moments between *anyone in the entire cast*. None. Not any of them.
- the closest thing the whole show comes to a ship is mako and gamagori, and even then, that's fans and subtext
- there is no male protagonist (no, a talking jumper does not count, unless he can somehow trip over and fall on the quiet girl with big boobs that isn't in the fucking show either.)
>>
>>117780
>>Common elements of ecchi include conversations with sexual references or misunderstandings (e.g. double entendre or innuendo),
>Completely absent
>>misunderstandings in visual depictions (e.g. suggestive posing),
>Completely absent
what? both of those are there. i think you need to rewatch the show
>>revealing or sexualized clothing (e.g. underwear or cosplay), nudity (e.g. ripped apart clothing, wet clothing, clothing malfunctions)
>So prevalent the viewer becomes blase to the the whole thing
so because it's there a lot it's not there at all? what kind of reverse logic is that?
>>and the portrayal of certain actions (e.g. groping). This kind of sexuality is often used for comical effect. A typical example scene would contain a male protagonist that trips over a female character, giving the impression of sexual harassment.
>Again, completely absent
what the hell? those are there. and a male protagonist is not necessary to make something an ecchi
>>The concept of ecchi is very closely related to fan service. While fan service describes every aspect to please the fans, ecchi relates to sexual themes. A special kind of fan service, that is usually bound or justified by the narrative.
>Again, the narrative is tangential to any fanservice that might be present, and certainly doesn't exist as a flimsy pretext to shovel it in, like, say, Asobi ni Iku yo!'s clothes-destroying-gun.
it not being a "flimsy pretext" just means it's actually well done
>>klk is an ecchi because the nudity/sexual comedy/sexual references are part of the narrative and not just here without any greater context
>klk is not an ecchi, because there is no sexual comedy, the sexual references are played not to titilate the viewer but to disgust him, and sex/sex-comedy is not even *present* in the narrative
the sex/sex comedy IS present. again, just because it doesn't follow the most generic version of ecchi tropes doesn't mean it isn't an ecchi, because the tropes are there, in abundance
>>
>>117782
>- it's not a sex-comedy
it's not primarily a sex-comedy because it is a battle-ecchi, but it is still secondarily a sex-comedy, a battle-ecchi is when the main plot is fighting, with the ecchi being a part of the main plot
>- there are no ren-ai moments between *anyone in the entire cast*. None. Not any of them
not familiar with the term ren-ai, you may have me there, i need some explanation what this is
>- the closest thing the whole show comes to a ship is mako and gamagori, and even then, that's fans and subtext
>shipping
shipping has nothing to do with ecchi, it may or may not be in an ecchi, but it isn't a part of what makes an ecchi an ecchi
>- there is no male protagonist (no, a talking jumper does not count, unless he can somehow trip over and fall on the quiet girl with big boobs that isn't in the fucking show either.)
>quiet girl with big boobs
not a vital part of an ecchi, may or may not be there but the lack of it doesn't change anything
>male protag
not a necessity, but you could call senketsu a male protag, and in fact there are several scenes involving sexual comedy with him and ryuko, for example one of the first scenes in the entire show. also, since when did the male protag by default have to be the clumsy or accidental kind to make it an ecchi?
and
>>117780
>klk is not an ecchi, because there is no sexual comedy, the sexual references are played not to titilate the viewer but to disgust him, and sex/sex-comedy is not even *present* in the narrative*
>the sexual references are played not to titilate the viewer but to disgust him
>to disgust him
>disgust
>him
those words would be mutually exclusive in the case of any male viewer
>>
>>117140
Valkyrie Drive
>>
>>117801
>>him
>those words would be mutually exclusive in the case of any male viewer
"him" is gender-neutral, fuckface.

Anyway, you're wrong. Go watch "I spit on your grave", "Antichrist" or "A Serbian Film".

>>117801
>it's not primarily a sex-comedy because it is a battle-ecchi
I can't believe you're still trying to argue this point. Go watch Blade and Soul, Ikkitousen, and Valkyrie Drive.

Then tell us how kill la kill even approximately resembles these three.
>>
>KLK
>ecchi
Try watching actual ecchi anime, kid.
>>
>>117801
You have obviously never seen a real ecchi anime. Try watching any of >>117763 those series, plus shit like Rail Wars, Negima, To Love Ru, Momo Kyun Sword, Zero no Tsukaima, etc. The only people who call KLK ecchi have watched no actual ecchi anime.
>>
File: shin_koihime_musou1.jpg (361 KB, 1400x926) Image search: [Google]
shin_koihime_musou1.jpg
361 KB, 1400x926
>>117140
Koihime muso
Funny thing is it was based on a game with a male MC, who is completely absent from the anime
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.