[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Some Pc part is broken
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: sad.jpg (23 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
23 KB, 385x385
So I think the motherboard from my Pc is broken, but it could also be the processor and I don't really know how to check it given that I don't really know about pcsand I don't have any replacement for that pieces so I can't just try to change it.

This is what happens: turn it on, everything starts to work, nothing appears in screen, it won't do the beep it does when it starts and it will be running like that until it eventually shuts itself down and on again. As far as i have seen this can go on and on and on.
Also, from time to time it will show the part where you can press a key to enter the bios or to select the boot (don't know if that screen has a name) and it will enter automatically the bios but only the background from it will appear, and not the menu. In this case it will also shut itself down (in less time) and on again.
>>
Will be uploading a video in no time.

The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-H87M-D3H.
And the processor is a i5-4570
>>
>>116743
replace the psu. its dying.
>>
>>116747
thats unexpected
>>
>>116747
okey, it mekaes sense if you take the part in which it tursn itself down without even appering anything in screen, but the times it starts why would it go to the bios and not even show the bios?
>>
File: MOV_0081.webm (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
MOV_0081.webm
1 MB, 640x480
Here the video
>>
cpu overheating and pc shut down. Reapply thermal paste.
>>
>>116743
Try this may help:

hold the front panel power switch depressed until it finally quits trying to restart;
switch off the power supply - or, if no switch, unplug it;
depress the front panel power switch for twenty seconds more;
jumper, or (carefully) short the RST_CMOS pins momentarily;
unplug all USB devices, except keyboard and rodent;
PSU switch back on;

from here: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/275856-30-gigabyte-guide
>>
>>116770
Sorry here is the whole thing.

hold the front panel power switch depressed until it finally quits trying to restart;
switch off the power supply - or, if no switch, unplug it;
depress the front panel power switch for twenty seconds more;
jumper, or (carefully) short the RST_CMOS pins momentarily;
unplug all USB devices, except keyboard and rodent;
PSU switch back on;
power up - first thing, enter the BIOS and do the "Load Optimized";
<F10> to save and exit;
>>
>>116765
can't be that, it has been off for days and it has som good fan.
>>
>>116772
can't see how that might work when it doesn't really turn on.
Anyway, atleast if it is the psu I can verify it with a multimeter.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.