[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I'm having some pretty severe technical problems that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1462357738189.png (31 KB, 575x428) Image search: [Google]
1462357738189.png
31 KB, 575x428
So, I'm having some pretty severe technical problems that as of yet I've been unable to solve. After attempting to boot up fallout 4 yesterday, my computer crashed with an obvious graphical error, this is nothing new to me, it happens fairly often when tweaking my settings. The only difference is that /now, it refuses to boot back up. After some initial messing around(the usual checking of connections, resetting CMOS, et cetera), I ended up using ROG connect to watch post as it happened, and it's indicating to me that it's booting successfuly, i initially figured this meant my graphics card was kaput despite it being fairly new, but an older card that was working just fine last i checked /also/ refuses to give any video. You lot got any idea what the issue is?
>>
>>114539
Another minor note. For the graphics card that i was initially using, while going through POST the fans flare once before going dead, and it's been heating up when left like such, so i feel like SOMETHING is going, still getting no video.
>>
try changing the power supply if you have a spare or can get one to test out. Also uninstall drivers and install different ones.
>>
>>114631
I've got a spare, yea. I'll give that a try. Can't exactly mess with the drivers with no ability to access the OS, right? Or is there some way I'm simply unaware of.
>>
Mobo have onboard video?
>>
>>114657
>Mobo have onboard video?

No, unfortunately not. Im trying a new powre unit now, but it does not have onboard graphics.
>>
>>114681
Minor update, the different PSU i tried didnt work. Same as before, boots up, post goes through normally but it outputs no video and throws up Q-code AE.
>>
>>114690

Reapply thermal paste? For cpu to make sure the motherboard isn't powering off to keep your cpu from burning up.
>>
>>114716

Also, change ram configurations and test.
>>
>>114716
Reapplied thermal paste and already checked my ram configuration, same result. Currently trying an older mobo i had lying around to see if that's not the problem.
>>
>>114721

Try one stick at a time?
>>
>>114722
Tried, no luck. the new mobo also reaches post, still no video output. At this point i'm using an old mobo, old card and my current CPU, beginning to suspect my CPU.
>>
Bump. Still utterly lost, computer goes to post but my HDMI Display shows no signal and I'm 100% unsure why beyond my vague hint that it may by my aging CPU.
>>
>>114646

Even with the new videocard?
>>
>>114752

check jumpers on the mobo. Look closely and lookbat your manual to see jumpers andbtheir positions. Make sure none are missing
>>
>>114756
Yep. New news, however. I, on a whim decided to test some shit out. I grabbed a different monitor and hooked it into the new setup via VGA-DVI adapter or whatever the hell it's called(Blue-white). I'm getting video, begining to think that I'm a severe moron and in fact the HDMI cable is all that was broken.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.