[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wanna read spider-gwen >first appearance is in Edge of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: gwen.jpg (23 KB, 226x346) Image search: [Google]
gwen.jpg
23 KB, 226x346
>wanna read spider-gwen
>first appearance is in Edge of the Spiderverse
>amazon description says EotS #2 is in Volume 0 of Spider-Gwen
>didn't wanna waste thread space on /co/

so do I need to read Spider-Verse if her first appearance is in her TPB?
>>
>>114343
OP here

amazon description for Vol. 1 says it has Spider-Gwen 1-5 while Vol. 1 (to be relased later this month) says 1-6.

Am I not understanding something?
>>
Read it. It's not too necessary but it sets the stage for her status quo.

Visit the win-o thread on /co/ or go to viewcomic.com to get it for free.
>>
>>114345
Also it's fucked up because of an event but basically all marvel series got renumbered. Just read it in order, it's the same story.
>>
>>114504
can you explain that to me like I'm retarded
>>
>>114512
Okay so Spidergwen got popular from her costume and oneshot. Marvel decided to cash in so they gave her a book. However at this same time their star author is writing a big universe destroying event. It's been hyped for years and it has too much momentum to stop. However it requires every book marvel is selling to be temporarily canceled. So Spidergwen gets cancelled, but it's popular enough they want to bring it back after the event. So they do. But because #1 issues sell more copies they reset all the books, including SG, back to 1. That's basically it.
>>
>>114543
so to sum it up I should read edge of the spider-verse and wait for Volume 1 to get released instead of buying Volume 0?
>>
>>114546
No. Edge of spiderverse #2 (single issue) is first. Reading is optional but I suggest it. Buying the trade is unnecessary. Then Vol. 0 and then Vol. 1.
>>
>>114568
but Volume 0 has #1-5 while volume 1 is going to have 1-6. Are they different?

Unless I'm mistaken?
>>
>>114575
Okay, I'm going to say this as simply as I can. Vol. 0 is 1-5. Vol. 1 is named 1-6 but in effect 6-11. Generally Volumes work like that. Start from the lowest and then when you finish the Vol. you go to the next highest Vol. Comics treat volumes slightly different usually, but in this case it is literally as easy as reading in ascending order.
>>
>>114590
Alright thanks. Sorry, I'm new-ish to comics.
>>
Always read in release order.
Edge of Spider-Verse
Spider-Verse
Spider-Gwen (Vol 1)
Radioactive Spider-Gwen (Vol 2)
>>
>>114624
NP. Lurk /co/ storytimes. I did and picked stuff up.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.