[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay so my friend needs to find an anime he likes as a child
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1
File: 1461152493147.jpg (6 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1461152493147.jpg
6 KB, 240x240
Okay so my friend needs to find an anime he likes as a child he described it as "An anime about motorcycle riding bad asses who wear cyborg looking helmets, one colored red, and one colored blue, and they fought and there was this albert einstein looking guy who lived under ground who could build robots and he built the main character etc."
he said it was played once at the later end of toonami for 15 minutes just before adult swim aired
he says its the first anime he saw and was what got him into it and saw it probably sometime between 2001 and 2006

he says hes will legitimately suck my dick if I find this and I'm gay (obviously since I'm OP) and I need this plz help

also pic unrelated I didn't have anything relevant cus I don't know the anime obviously
>>
>>108794
it was durring a special about up and coming animes one of which was paranoia agent
>>
/a/ kicked you over here because they suck.

Anyway, if he's sure he saw it on Toonami, and it actually aired on Toonami, it shouldn't be too hard to find.
>>
>>108796
none of his friends have been able to find it and neither have I
it was apperently super obscure
>>
>>108796
also he just told me it might not have been on toonami
>>
>>108796
aired on a special with paranoia agent premiering up and coming animes
>>
>>108798
Ah. Well then there's that, I guess.

There's Bubblegum Crisis, but I don't know how closely that fits his description beyond "cyborgs" and "motorcycles"
>>
>>108801
nah he said they were definitely dudes
>>
>>108800
Sounds like it could have been Adult Swim, then. Paranoia Agent aired on Adult Swim.

We can do this, anon. We're gonna get your dick sucked one way or another.
>>
he said the helmets looked something like this except blue and red instead of yellow and they had motorcycles the same color

he says the good guy was probably blue
and the scientist who created them looked like albert einstein
"he live underground"
the main character had to go through an endless hell like or hell pit to talk to him
>>
>>108804
lived* under ground
>>
>>108804
First attempt: Kikaider?
>>
he says this forum thread might be proof it aired on adult swim but I'm not sure and hes not either

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/did-adult-swim-pick-up-paranoia-agent.3746641/
>>
>>108804
And a second attempt: S-cry-ed
>>
>>108808
>>108810
he said it might be these, hes looking into it

he said motorcycles were a big thing, atleast a thing in the first episode

but it wasnt red and blue helmets it was one helmet was blue and one helmet was red, thats what he was thinking at first
>>
>>108810
third try: IGPX (assuming he's misremembering the whole "motorcycle" thing).
>>
it was definitely dubbed
"he says hes not sure but he thinks there was a scene where he drove to an endless abyss on a motorcycle"

it was in a very post apocalyptic setting where he went to this dark abyss to meet his maker
>>
>>108814
fuck I suck at quotations
he says he thought he was insane to think this anime existed but when paranoia agent was confirmed to exist it gave him new hope
>>
>>108815
I mean, the first thing I thought was Blassreiter, but it never aired on Adult Swim, and it didn't air at all till 2008.

Is he sure he's not thinking of Yu-gi-oh? There was one season all about motorcycles.
>>
>>108817
>Blassreiter
nah man post apocalyptic and going to an abyss to meet his maker are key things here
>>
if only I could get a schedule of what premiered with paranoia agent
>>
"post apocalyptic anime starring a black haired male character is a big deal"
>>
>>108822
Well you can see what shows aired in 2005. That's where I've gotten my suggestions thus far from.
>>
>>108822
D.I.C.E. premiered in 2005, and has cyborg looking things and bikes, but I dunno how "badass" it is.

Also don't think it's very "post apocalyptic".
>>
"the antagonist was and exact clone of the main character and they were the oposite color (one was red not sure about the other but probably blue) made by the same scientist"

his memory is so shit
>>
>>108827
lolwut. Well Paranoia Agent premiered in May on Adult Swim.
>>
>>108826
hes drunk but he thinks it was adult but it did catch his eye as a kid so he doesnt know

fuckfuckfuck he was so young

but apperently it was so good its driven him the sleepless nights and heavily inspired the main character in his own personal story hes been working on for years
>>
>>108831
so perhaps it wasnt adult swim then? all he he knows he saw them in the same night. what premiered along side it
>>
>>108833
what premiered along side it on adult swim*
>>
>>108827
And on top of that, s-cry-ed was the only anime to premier with Paranoia Agent in May. I mean there was Metropolis too, but that's nothing like what you're describing. It's also an anime film based on the 1927 film of the same name.

Paranoia Agent also only ever aired on Adult Swim. So if he's sure it premiered with Paranoia Agent, it's gotta be that. Gimme a sec to dig into the show to check out the characters.

I mean it's also possible he saw it on another channel, though.
>>
>>108834
>>108835

I mean it's possible he's fudging some details too. Timespan-wise, s-cry-ed just fits like a glove. But it doesn't have much of a focus on motorcycles, or riding into an abyss. Also doesn't have some nutty einstein-type that lives underground, as far as I know.
>>
>>108835
fuck if it was on another channel that is going to make things 10000 times more difficult but it would explain why none of his other friends have been able to find it
>>
>>108838
yeah but he seems so insistent on the abyss and motorcycles
>>
>>108841
Well I'm checking out a list of anime that aired on american television from 2000-2010. It's gotta be here somewhere, right?

Wait, you are in America, right?
>>
>>108844
yes I am and so is he
also thank you so much for helping us
and every one else who might be
obviously I cant know since this is 4chan :y
>>
Could it have been Akira? It has motorcycles and a scientist that looks kind of like Einstein but I don't know when or if it ever aired on Toonami.
>>
hes watching s-cry-ed
he finds it vaguely reminicent but isnt sure
This could be... nope NOPE he says its not goddammit
>>
>>108845
I'm pretty sure I'm the only one, chum.

I've come across "X". Seems similar, but there's no motorcycles. I'll keep digging.

>>108846
Oh this guy popped up.

I thought it might've been Akira, but there's no Abyss, or cyborg looking crap. It's also not THAT post-apocalyptic until shit hits the fan, by which point motorcycles are no longer important.
>>
>>108846
it cant be akira because the main character doesn't have a twin brother with the exact opposite color scheme as him
>>
>>108847
I'm still sifting but here's a wildcard attempt: Eureka Seven?
>>
>>108853
>Eureka Seven
already looked into many many years ago its not it unfortunately
>>
>>108854
Sorry, man, I've got nothing. Nothing that premiered in America between 2000-2010 really matches his description.

Best I can do is point you at what I was looking through. Maybe you guys will have better luck.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_anime_in_the_United_States#2000s
>>
the abyss the scientist was under was sprially and filled with skeleton darker as you went down
all generic like
FUCK THERE IS NO HOPE
>>
>>108862
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_anime_in_the_United_States#2000s
thanks for trying though I really appreciate it
>>
>>108864
No prob. I didn't have anything better to do.

It doesn't help that the details he's describing are from a specific episode though. There's no way to know if it was the first, last, or any episode in between. If he could remember any character abilities or anything like that, it'd be a bit easier.
>>
blue helmet? red helmet? scientist underground who makes robots? you're clearly talking about the megaman animated series, you asshole.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_%28TV_series%29
>>
The anime that your friend watched is called Robotech. Enjoy your blowjob, faggot.
>>
>>108865
>Robotech
hes sure it was the first episode
>>
>>108881
Robotech New Generation? I don't think that was ever on Adult Swim, but whatever.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.