[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NGE Kissanime and general sub question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_2791.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2791.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
What subs does the Kissanime stream of Neon Genesis Evangelion use? I'd prefer to watch it with official subs but I have no way of comparing or checking it myself right now.
Either way, are the subs any good?
>>
>streaming
>Kissanime of all streaming sites you could pick from
>>>/nyaa.se/
>>
>>106973
What's wrong with streaming and Kissanime in particular?
>>
>>106973
I pretty much only torrent but I have to ask, what anime streaming site is better than kissanime? If there are better ones out there it would be convenient for me since I don't torrent from my dorm room.
>>
>>106976
Not that person but for me it seems like every video on kissanime is out of sync with the audio which is really annoying.
>>
>>106976
>>106978
Streaming is in general very poor quality, plus you can't be sure if the subtitle track is good. As for better streaming sites, I don't know many, since I torrent. If I was forced to stream, it would be from Crunchyroll, but I'm not into paying money to watch Chinese cartoons
>>
>>106978
>If there are better ones out there it would be convenient for me since I don't torrent from my dorm room.
You know you can use IRC to XDCC, and also DDL sites that upload straight from torrents like animetosho, right?

And you can watch them while they're downloading, so it's pretty much the same as streaming, but with much better quality.
>>
>>106976
Worse quality, watermarked, desync problems, can't watch offline, stuck with what ever subs they decided to pick and the list goes on.
>>
>>106993
Even torrents have an option (sequential downloading) to watch while it downloads if your client supports it and the torrent has enough seeds.
Though XDCC is the best for it really.
>>
The Hylia has some good stuff you can download free, but they don't have cutting edge anime. Also use MegaSearch to find some hidden gems.. they aren't always in English but sometimes you can hit the big time. I don't Torrent either, it's kind of an OCD thing of mine.. I end up wanting everything, and sometimes you can run into malware. I also don't think it's completely private, and you have to rely on seeders to get your stuff. Truth is, if it exists on a torrent, it is almost always exists or has originated somewhere else. I believe in services like Mega quite a bit, I think it's the future, as everybody wins when you share content on a service like theirs, you just gotta be discreet about the files you share so that it doesn't trigger sensitive peoples and DMCA.. its kryptonite.
>>
>>107000
>he wasn't active on the internet when the megaupload takedown happened
>nor when the hotfile takedown happened
>much less when tor was neutered
You need to be 18 years or older to browse this site.

So much stuff, lost forever...
>>
>>107055
Then don't take the advice, doesn't bother me either way. I was around when Megaupload was canned, but their circumstances were different at the time, they have since relocated to New Zealand
>>
>>106993
Yeah I know about IRC but I'm just too damn paranoid to do it at school. But I honestly have no clue what a "DDL site" is.
>>
File: 1.jpg (375 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
375 KB, 1280x720
>>107005
>search for some download that I had before
>it links to hotfile
>404
>was only hosted on hotfile
>>
OP here again. If it would be an option - technically it IS but it'd be a GIANT hassle- I would download torrents but my PC is pretty fucked and I only have access to my iPad and my PS4. I prefer to watch films and stuff on my PS4 and the convenience aspect of streaming just can't be beat. Kissanime works surprisingly well on my PS4 - it's just annoying that you can't choose subs and I don't have any way of knowing how good they are to begin with.
Knowing all that, what is my best option here to watch NGE with good , preferably official, subs?
>>
>>107026
>too paranoid for XDCC
>the option that people use when they're too paranoid to torrent
okay bro
>>
>>107173
Streaming sites hardly ever bother to upgrade their shows to the highest quality version, cause their userbase are all retards anyway who don't care about BD vs TV quality or how good the subs are.
>>
>>107173
>PC is pretty fucked
Tell us about it we might be able to help you with it.
Also worst case you could ways download DeadFish rencodes which are still better than streaming. Should then be able to play them on any device (even ps4 and ipad) since they are mp4 and meant for toasters.
As for NGE I only know the 2D4U BD rips on nyaa is the best right now.
>>
>>107026
>I'm just too damn paranoid to do it at school
I do hope you are over 18, anon.
>>
I'm late to the conversation, but I'll add this:

I'm lazy as hell. I guarantee you that once you get it set up, torrenting is incomparably easier and faster than streaming. You'll save a lot of time in the long run, and get better image quality.
>>
>>107192
He's a dorm rat so torrenting might not be an option. Most major universities don't allow it. There's ways to get around it but I seriously doubt OP is up to the task.
>>
>>107187
>>107192
I really appreciate you trying to help me, but the issue goes beyond any hardware or software problems and is also personal. I just really, really don't want to bother with downloading anything. One day I will torrent again but this day will not be soon...

Either way, I've checked out watchcartoonsonline eu and the quality seems to be quite good but unfortunately on PS4 the stream is forced into 16:9 aspect ratio and thus cuts off the picture and part of the subs. Another promising streaming site I've found is animetv io, but again, I have no clue what subs they use.
Could someone check for me?
>>
>>107204
Yeah, good point. Didn't consider that.
>>
>>107204
>Most major universities don't allow it. There's ways to get around it but I seriously doubt OP is up to the task.
Well XDCC or DDL would be the perfect solution if they are just worried about getting flagged for torrents. It isn't rocket science to really get it working.
A quick check shows the BD rips are on XDCC bots as well
http://nibl.co.uk/bots.php?search=Neon+Genesis+Evangelion+bd
>>
>>107219
A lot of torrents also block IRC. I know mine did. It didn't really bother me since I lived off campus, and I actually only found out they blocked IRC connections because I tried using my portable hexchat in the library once.
>>
>>107227
>a lot of torrents
Meant universities, obviously.
>>
>>107227
Did you try connecting with SSL? Can sometimes bypass filtering rules.
>>
>>107230
I didn't bother since I was just bored and wanted to lurk IRC to kill time between classes. But yeah SSL would have worked since most uni proxy servers won't block HTTPS connections.
>>
How do I know what the DVD subs look like? Could someone tell me how I can check for myself?
>>
>>107306
I'm pretty sure everybody used the DVD subs. I'm not aware of any fansubs for Eva.
>>
>>106899
Hey OP are you still there? I can help you.
>>
>>106978
animetux.me has always worked for me. Biggest downside is the lack of selection
>>
>>107344
Well at least the colors of the subs are different on Kissanime compared to animetv eu for example. Pretty sure animetv and others omit the japanese in the opening, but I guess I should compare the actual subs.
>>107438
Yes.
>>107443
Will check it out, thank you.
>>
OP here again, and if someone can answer me this the matter will be solved:
In episode 1 at 2:25 the subtitles on animetv io say 'Why did I have to lose sight of him now?' 'Oh, man!'. These subtitles are yellow with a black border.
The kissanime stream subs instead say 'Why did I have to lose him now?' 'Christ, why at a time like this?'

So which sub track is the official one? (And which one is better?)
>>
File: 03.jpg (416 KB, 1892x1036) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
416 KB, 1892x1036
>>107986
Animetv one is from the official, but that is only a single line. Many other sub groups will use the official as a base and edit/correct the text. You have no way to know really.

>steaming
>>
>>108034
Thank you very much.
Before you replied, I looked around some more and found some torrents with screenshots apparently showing the DVD subs and was quite surprised by how good it can look, but I'm not that fussed about the quality and just happy to know where I can watch it.

Though... you don't happen to know a better streaming site with the official subs?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.