[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No video output/No USB response
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1.jpg (914 KB, 4250x2390) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
914 KB, 4250x2390
I just started my very first build and while everything appears to be up and running, I can't get a response on the monitor or my keyboard.

The CPU and RAM are correctly installed and I even tried connecting it directly to the motherboard with no result.

What part could be causing this issue or is there something else I am missing?
>>
File: 2.jpg (850 KB, 2092x3718) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
850 KB, 2092x3718
Here are some more pics
>>
File: 3.jpg (977 KB, 2092x3718) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
977 KB, 2092x3718
>>
>>10353
Well, for starters, turn it 180 degrees so you're taking a photo that's frontlit, not backlit.

Is the CPU power connector plugged in?

I notice that (unusually for a "halp my PC bork") the GPU is actually powered correctly.
>>
File: Untitled.png (96 KB, 1137x765) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
96 KB, 1137x765
>>10380

These are all the pics I can get at the moment, but yes the CPU connector is plugged in as shown in pic 3.

I feel that it will also help if I post my part list.
>>
>>10353
Can you reach the BIOS? You may need to configure the primary video adapter to PCIe:1 instead of PCIe or some such.
>>
>>10563

Can't even reach that, no image is displayed on the monitor, not even for a second. It's strange because its not randomly turning off and it's actually staying on for some time.
>>
I sort of had similar issues with my first build, monitor refused to work and it was because the GPU had wriggled slightly loose during transport, try pushing it in as hard as you can and see if that works. As for your keyboard/USB, you sure you have them hooked up to the right places on the mobo? Go through your Mobo handbook and read EVERY PAGE in it, I bet there will be a small section you've looked over. My dumbass built mine thinking I could just rely on youtube videos instead of reading that huge manual which led to a bunch of shit not working properly.
>>
>>10615
Oh and it goes without saying, don't touch any of that internal shit while it's plugged in and turned on for gods sake.
>>
>>10615

I think I installed the GPU correctly because I hear it snap into place, but I have noticed that it moves ever so slightly downwards when i'm screwing it in, so maybe that's something i'll look at.
>>
>>10669
Mine was seated properly as well, was screwed into the backplate and had the plastic lock fitted in, it still managed to wriggle ever so slightly loose and make my monitor not respond. Go around and make sure every cable is snug and secure.
>>
>>10685

But what about the motherboard? Shouldn't that display something as well when the GPU is not attached?
>>
>>10713
If you remove the GPU from the mobo and the cables that connect it to the mobo it should.
>>
>>10723

I'm not getting anything from the motherboard too. Starting to think that maybe there is something wrong with the board.
>>
>>10736
Off to Toms Hardware you go then, see if somebody had the same problem with your brand mobos display.
>>
>>10744

I'm a fucking idiot and should've been searching for the model and not just general "no display."

Turns out that I need to update the bios for my CPU.

If the thread is still alive tomorrow i'll report back if I fixed anything, but if not, thanks for the help.
>>
>>10787
Lel, most of us have done something stupid on our first builds so it's no biggie. Was wondering for a whole day why my display was borked and games would only run in a tiny ass window, turns out I forgot to install the GPU driver from the disc it came with.... Don't build computers when drinking.
>>
>>10787
How would you update the bios on a first build when you have nothing to load it off of?
>>
>>11589
You need to borrow an older CPU.

Not ideal.

Sometimes the mobo will boot into "oh no recovery" mode, and will accept a BIOS off a floppy disk(!) or USB.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.