[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello fellow 4channers I was wondering if any of you can help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: zsnes_load.jpg (16 KB, 510x446) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
zsnes_load.jpg
16 KB, 510x446
Hello fellow 4channers
I was wondering if any of you can help me remember the name of a rather old game, that could possibly belong to the SNES list. Here are the tips (bare with my format, please):
* The game scenario was something like an arena in open outter space.
* There were two fighting sides, each with their own type of spaceships.
* Each side had 12 battle space ships, if I remember correctly.
* The only game mode, I believe, was a 1v1 match that pitted spaceship vs spaceship until one of the fighting sides had last all his spaceships.
* Among the "good guys", there were three spaceships that I remember:
- Siren, a rather yellow and cylindrical spaceship with the ability to steal health from the enemy and give it to herself;
- A round spaceship, small and agile, that aimed the shots by itself, but was low on health, range and damage;
- The good guys' capital ship was green (and, of course, huge).
* The bad guys had a violet spaceship as their capital ship. It drawed health from itself in order to fire.
* Each ship had two status bars: one would show remaining hp, and the other would show remaining energy that could be used to move, shoot, and use a special ability.
* It was incredibly fun. :D

Does this rings a bell to someone? I've tried google for a long time without success.
>>
>>3368405
Star Control. You remember some things right(Syreen ship, Arilou ship, Ur-Quan ship), but there were more game modes than just the melee(though that IS the most popular mode to play). The first one's on the Genesis(as well as PC and a few other systems), not the SNES. Also, the Ur-Quan(big green ship) are the bad guys, not the good guys(though you learn more about them if you play the sequel and find...they're not THAT bad, comparatively).
>>
>>3368405
don't use zsnes, it's shit. there have been better emulators for over a decade

use snes9x or higan
>>
>>3368405
As >>3368898 said that's Star Control for the Genesis. It was a really, really shitty port of the game - it ran at something like 15 frames - and at this point you're better off pirating the PC game or downloading Star Control 2 for free at http://sc2.sourceforge.net/
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at imagescucc@gmail.com with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.