[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello fellow 4channers I was wondering if any of you can help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: zsnes_load.jpg (16 KB, 510x446) Image search: [Google]
zsnes_load.jpg
16 KB, 510x446
Hello fellow 4channers
I was wondering if any of you can help me remember the name of a rather old game, that could possibly belong to the SNES list. Here are the tips (bare with my format, please):
* The game scenario was something like an arena in open outter space.
* There were two fighting sides, each with their own type of spaceships.
* Each side had 12 battle space ships, if I remember correctly.
* The only game mode, I believe, was a 1v1 match that pitted spaceship vs spaceship until one of the fighting sides had last all his spaceships.
* Among the "good guys", there were three spaceships that I remember:
- Siren, a rather yellow and cylindrical spaceship with the ability to steal health from the enemy and give it to herself;
- A round spaceship, small and agile, that aimed the shots by itself, but was low on health, range and damage;
- The good guys' capital ship was green (and, of course, huge).
* The bad guys had a violet spaceship as their capital ship. It drawed health from itself in order to fire.
* Each ship had two status bars: one would show remaining hp, and the other would show remaining energy that could be used to move, shoot, and use a special ability.
* It was incredibly fun. :D

Does this rings a bell to someone? I've tried google for a long time without success.
>>
>>3368405
Star Control. You remember some things right(Syreen ship, Arilou ship, Ur-Quan ship), but there were more game modes than just the melee(though that IS the most popular mode to play). The first one's on the Genesis(as well as PC and a few other systems), not the SNES. Also, the Ur-Quan(big green ship) are the bad guys, not the good guys(though you learn more about them if you play the sequel and find...they're not THAT bad, comparatively).
>>
>>3368405
don't use zsnes, it's shit. there have been better emulators for over a decade

use snes9x or higan
>>
>>3368405
As >>3368898 said that's Star Control for the Genesis. It was a really, really shitty port of the game - it ran at something like 15 frames - and at this point you're better off pirating the PC game or downloading Star Control 2 for free at http://sc2.sourceforge.net/
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.