[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people here hate megas which are just an extension of modern
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1450274250594.jpg (21 KB, 300x316) Image search: [Google]
1450274250594.jpg
21 KB, 300x316
>people here hate megas which are just an extension of modern pokemon design
>b-but gen one sucks too guys!!
>>
>>27232974
I personally hate megas since they can really fuck up the meta
>>
File: 1459299656934.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459299656934.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
>>27232982
>break meta
>>
>Make forgotten Pokemon monstrous
>Make others worse
>One so good it has its own tier
>Many could have been regular evolution
>>
The thing about megas is they only work from a lore standpoint. No aspect of it needed to happen for gameplay purposes. It only makes the power creep worse.
>>
>>27232974
the main reason i hate megas is because they were marketed as a way to make pokemon that were not big on competitive viable.
and what they do, most of the megas are for popular pokemon and gen 1 pandering.
>>
>>27232982
this. Also because of them we dont get true cross gen evos anymore like a lot of pokemon deserve was alwaysmy favorite part of new gens
>>
>>27234523

This ^

I originally supported mega evolution because I thought it was an attempt to help certain pokemon that had been left behind meta-game wise.

Instead it was just gimmick to make "op" pokemon even better. Sure they did help some low tier pokemon become better but outside pokemon like beedrill they would have been better off giving those low tier pokemon permanent evolutions.
>>
The concept is pretty cool, but the execution was terrible.
>>
>modern pokemon design extension

How did we go from Absol to mega absol. A design that was good already needed to be very deviant art tier is an improvement how?
>>
I originally thought the megas were going to do something like switch stats around for the final form so they had a different play style in competitive or something.

It probably wouldn't have worked out the best but I thought it would have been an interesting set up. I was disappointed when it came to just "Now they're even STRONGER"
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.