[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nothing better than a slow, shit tier fish to counter T-Bird!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7
File: muhcounter.png (650 KB, 996x597) Image search: [Google]
muhcounter.png
650 KB, 996x597
Nothing better than a slow, shit tier fish to counter T-Bird!

/vp/ again showing its sheer fucking incompetence when it comes to competitive battling. I see why you hate Smogon so much considering 98% of you are unable to grasp competitive battling in the first place.

Please let the big boys play while you autistic manchildren continue to post your borderline cp "waifus" and fight over which designs are shittier as if your Karenfag opinions mean anything.

signed,
those of us not on the spectrum
>>
We still don't know if Bruxish's ability will negate Gale Wings and Prankster, or if it's only moves that are already priority.
>>
>>26915823
>not knowing /vp/ is shit at competitive until now
This place is filled with 12 yo retards. Mark my words Kalosperms will start posting why gen VI was the best in a couple of weeks.
>>
>>26915823
All they do is whine about how easy the in-game is.
>KEK
>>
That fish can also block Sableye and Whimsicott to destroy your party. <3
>>
Doesn't matter if the fish itself is shit.

The ability now exists, which means it can potentially be on a good pokemon.
>>
>>26915823
>acting as if you're better than others
>while playing a children's game
>>
>>26915875
It negates priority. It's black and white. Abilities aren't meant to be complicated where X will happen but not when X is related to Y, etc.

At most, I can a line drawn between attacking/status moves, but otherwise priority is priority no matter its cause.
>>
>>26915931

It's not always black and white,
But your heart always knows what's right.
It's not about win or lose, it's the path you choose.
Let the journey begin,
Sinnoh League Victors
Pokémon!
>>
>>26915823
You're an even bigger faggot desu.
>please let the big boys play
Are you serious? This is a game for children. I cringed so hard reading your shit post.
>>
people who write this kind of threads are on spectrum famigo
>>
>>26916016

Triggered because you're insecure at how bad you are at a children's game.

I..I..I d-d-don't care about competitive! C-C-Crobat is my bro!
>>
>>26915823
The fish isn't going to make Talonflame unviable but it's definitely going to make its life harder, assuming it's good. U-Turn only fits on the dog shit Choice Band set and that's the very last set Talonflame wants to use these days thanks to how common Rocky Helmet Garchomp and Lando are. It can't fit it on any Swords Dance set unless it drops Roost which would be really dumb and it absolutely can't drop any move from its stallbreaker set. The fish is going to force Bravest Burd to make some tough decisions.
>>
>>26916035
Wow. The shit posts from you continue and so does the cringe. Put a lid on it mate, you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>26915823
>taking a joke this seriously
>>
>>26915908
Smogfags in a nutshell.
>>
File: rhyperior showderp.jpg (93 KB, 832x582) Image search: [Google]
rhyperior showderp.jpg
93 KB, 832x582
>>26915823
M A D
A
D
>>
>>26916035
>not on the spectrum
kek
>>
>>26915823
>B-b-b-ut muh U-Turn
Have fun switching constantly into Stealth Rocks
Also you just went full retard by posting a Choice Band set (With Tailwind by the way)
>Use Brave Bird
>Get cucked by the faggot fish
>Have to manually switch out because now you're choice locked
Only goes to show that Talonfags are indeed low tier scum
>>
>>26915823
The point is you can safely switch into Talonflame and threaten him.
>>
>>26915823

This is truly comedic, because the absolute PEAK of Autism within Pokemon fans exists in the competitive battling scene.

If I were MORE autistic I could compete with the likes of you.
>>
>>26915823
>playing competitive Pokémon
>not on the spectrum
Pick one.
>>
GUYS IT'S NOT FAIR
WHAT WILL I DO WITHOUT MY FREE KILL BIRD
>>
>>26915907
This. The sole fact that this ability exists is a threat to Talonflame as Gale Wings is pretty much the only reason why Smogburd isn't NU. We don't even know Bruxish's stat distribution yet, but the ability could potentially be present on another Pokemon which could act as a hard-counter Talonflame.
>>
File: much brave.jpg (98 KB, 500x509) Image search: [Google]
much brave.jpg
98 KB, 500x509
>>26915823
much brave
>>
Smogon is embarrassing holy shit
>>
>>26915907
>>26916221

I'm honestly expecting to see it on Starmie. It got Dazzling Gleam so it's beautiful gem definitely has the potential to 'dazzle' enemies.
>>
>>26915823
>Tail Wind
>Choice Scarf
>fucking incompetence when it comes to competitive battling
>>
>>26916243
If that was the case, then Talonflame would definitely lose it's OU status.
>>
>not 12
>not retarded
>still hate smogon
>smogon tiers are shit

Aaaaaaand

>getting this ass blasted because a Pokemon you over use is potentially countered for like a turn or two by a fish so ugly no one will care to use it
>>
>>26916279
>Choice scarf
>Incompetence to read
>>
>>26916243
Only if it gets a mega. I really don't think they're going to start giving out second hidden abilities now.
>>
>>26916295
>Incompetence to read
Third world fag.
>>
>>26916295
Yes I'm a retard and I'm hapoy with it stop bullying me plz you're invading my safe space I'm going to do a pabic attack
And it don't change the fact that's a shitty move on a pokemon with choice SPECS
>>
>>26916035
I can sense the butthurt from this post
>>
>>26916287
Holy shit. I thought OP was overreacting, but it's apparently true, /vp/ doesn't know shit about competitive.

A single counter existing won't make Talonflame obsolete, not to mention that no one with a brain would let Talonflame in on Starmie. U U-Turn out and the game goes on.

Gale Wings is simply too good to ever drop out of OU. There'd have to some MASSIVELY MASSIVE powercreep for that to happen. One or two more counters don't mean shit to Talonflame.
>>
>>26916499
M A S S I V E L Y M A S S I V E
>>
>>26915875
Quick Guard negates Gale Wings and Prankster. No reason to think this is any different.
>>
>>26916499
>MASSIVELY MASSIVE
>>
>>26915887
>this place is filled with 12 yo retards
The retard part may be true, but I don't think /vp/ is filled with kids. There's nothing about 4chan that appeals to a young demographic. They much prefer YouTube.
>>
>>26916499
>There'd have to some MASSIVELY MASSIVE powercreep for that to happen
You do realize that if literally any other fully-evolved Flying type got Gale Wings, it'd probably outclass Talonflame right, or at the very least give it a MASSIVELY MASSIVE run for its money? The only thing it has going for it outside of Gale Wings is its Speed and its dual fire typing, which in turn makes it incredibly vulnerable to pebbles and rock-types. Talonflame has horrible stats for a fully evolved Pokemon, and to put it in perspective, Machop's base Attack is 1 point less than Talonflame's.
>>
>>26917054
That's why I said "Gale Wings is simply too good to ever drop out of OU". Sure, Talonflame might get outclassed by other mons, but as long as it's the only good Gale Wing user it will always have a place in OU. Talonflame already had a handful of counters anyways, this fish doesn't change much tbzh.
>>
>>26917054
But as it stands, there is no other pokemon with Gale Wings.

Having a guaranteed priority 120 BP move is useful without any context. It's a valuable tool in almost any situation with absolutely no drawbacks.

It deserves counters, and it's getting them, but talonflame is still useful.
>>
The delusion is real, holy shit!
Talonflame is doomed.
>>
>>26915823
>on the spectrum
This seems like one of those terms only autists use, same like those who use "neurotypical" unironically and expect people to know what the fuck they're talking about...

Guess I'm lucky I happen to know what it means.
>>
>>26916035
>Playing competitively and not appreciating Crobat's niche, especially in VGC.

What are you, 14?
>>
SMOGONFAGS BTFO
>>
>>26915823
>literally forced to switch out or else it can't damage
LOL
>>
>>26915875
GF will just lazy it up and copy over quick guard's effect
>>
>>26915823

Pro-tip: No one runs U-turn on their Talonflame

The Choice Band set is shit, everyone uses Swords Dance or Specially Defensive Talonflame now
>>
>>26915823
>Please let the big boys play
Why do you take a children's video game so seriously?
>>
IT'S 2016
WHY DOES /vp/ STILL NOT KNOW HOW TO COUNTER TALONFLAME
>>
>>26916035
I love fighting people like you with my team of Karenmons because you always get super fucking salty when you lose.
>>
>>26917054
Anything with priority roost/defog/brave bird is going to be good. Fucking Fletchinder is one of the best sweepers in UU. Gale Wings is broken. Even if you gave it to another mon, Talonflame would still be too good to drop.
>>
>>26919683
>I love fighting people like you with my team of unviable gimmick mons that serve no long-term laddering purpose and can only amuse me for three or four battles against children before I lose and stop playing
>>
File: talonflame.gif (16 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
talonflame.gif
16 KB, 400x400
>>26919429
>Pro-tip: No one runs U-turn on their Talonflame
They do now all of a sudden.
>>
>>26915823
>Big Boys

>Choice Scarfed Tailwind
>Get the fuck out of here Versilify
>>
File: smogon uu viability rankings.jpg (25 KB, 302x562) Image search: [Google]
smogon uu viability rankings.jpg
25 KB, 302x562
>>26920154
...no it's not. Fletchinder is C rank in UU.
>>
File: 1441824783614.jpg (16 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
1441824783614.jpg
16 KB, 325x325
Hypothetical question, anons.

Would fagfish counter Sucker Punch?
>>
>>26920247
yes
>>
>>26920168
Haha yeah, I timerstall against those stupid gimmickmons whenever I'm losing because they don't deserve to beat me too.
>>
>Bruxish used Protect!
>Partnermon used Thunderbolt/Scald/Rockslide/etc...
>>
>>26920241
It's great in RU though
>>
File: come on.gif (702 KB, 310x180) Image search: [Google]
come on.gif
702 KB, 310x180
>>26915823
>competitive video games
>not on the spectrum
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.