[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hex Maniac Team
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 9
File: ymuwZZE.jpg (78 KB, 800x674) Image search: [Google]
ymuwZZE.jpg
78 KB, 800x674
Hey, I'm trying to put together a decent team that fits themost recent in-game requirements for the types of Pokémon Hex Maniacs can have, and (preferably) doesn't include legendaries. Problem is, I'm fucking shit at the intricacies of Pokémon, so I need some advice. Any suggestions?
>>
File: Ghost types Pokémon.jpg (122 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ghost types Pokémon.jpg
122 KB, 1280x720
>>
Ghosts obviously. Just go with some spoops. I went with a Dusknoir, Spiritomb, Froslass, Banette, Mismagius, and Chandelure.

I only went with those particular choices because I never used any of them before, and this was just a story team, not for online battling. Which was good because Dusknoir was terrible.
>>
>>26760091
There's already a hex maniac thread please go there
>>
>>26760091
Put a couple in that can deal with dark well anon. Is eviolite dusclops still good? Would trick room work at all? I've been out of the game for a while.
Good taste in pokegirl though.
Did you know terufuu made a pic?
>>
File: Ghost Types.jpg (363 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Types.jpg
363 KB, 600x800
>>26760151
> Fighting the dark
Here's my opinions...

I find that Golurk tends to handle dark OK, especially if you focus on it's bulky aspects. Did you know it learns fly? Something fun to think about, there.

Banette has a ton of utility with prankster to nerf the dark attacks (it's almost always physical!) and a surprisingly bulky mega. Without mega-evolving it's a more sturdy prankster than sableye, but really, it's better as a mega.

Mega sableye is the only ghost not weak to dark (hint hint!) but it's super slow and and not the best defender. Magic bounce is great against setup garbage and toxic spam, though. Just bear in mind it's not as good at attacking as the other mega ghosts, so use it only if you're sure the opponent is going to do setup crap (ex: they have skarmory, ferrothorn, shuckle or other obvious spike/stealth rock users on their side).

Regular gengar (NOT MEGA) screws with people nicely as levitate makes it immune to earth. It also makes a decent perish trap if you want to be a jerk.

Don't underestimate cofarigius. It's slow as mud, but mummy will wreck mons that rely on abilities like gale wings or regenerator. It can backfire if they have a slaking, though!

Dusknoir is OK. Think of it as a slightly harder hitting cofarigius. There's better ghosts, though. The only real benefit is that it's Shadow Sneak hits pretty hard.

Gourgeist and Trevenant are walls. Take out their fire/bug types then leech seed/phantom force things to death. Natural Cure is wonderful and the fact that these can't be seeded themselves is a bonus. Trevenant is beefier and hits harder, but gourgeist has many stat variants for better tweaking. It's all down to preference.

Shedinja is worthless. Any sort of setup or damaging status is a one hit KO. Pretty much every single pokemon can learn toxic meaning everything can kill it. It's too much of a risk to bother.

...can ya tell I love ghosts?
>>
>>26760131
>>26760151
Thanks for the tips. In regards to Dark types, are there any bug/fairy/fight type Pokémon that are also psychic or ghost types? I can't recall any.
>>
>>26760276
Woop, didn't see this
until after I posted
>>26760134
Which thread? I only saw a Sand Maniac one.
>>26760151
Fuck yeah. Hex Maniac is hot as hell.
>>
File: gengar surfs.png (40 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
gengar surfs.png
40 KB, 480x640
>>26760281
>>26760291
It's OK. Stuff happens sometimes.

Dual type ghosts:

Gengar (poison)
Trevenant, Gourgiest (Grass)
Golurk (ground)
Driftloon (flying)
Chandelure (fire)
Spiritomb, Sableye (Dark)
Froslass (Ice)
Jellicent (water)
Aegislash (steel)
Rotom (electric)

Dangit- forgot about Spirtomb. It's also not weak to dark making it another option for when Sableye isn't what you want.

Froslass is fairly fast and can hit hard. Makes a good destiny bond trap for when it's getting low on HP! Same for Driftloon. Acrobatics is your friend.

Rotom without anything bound to it is pretty weak. I don't recommend it. Jelliscent is a pure special user unless you're insane and try to use the very, very few physical moves it learns. Too easy to predict! Avoid.

Some people go nuts over agislash or doublade, but I'm not one of them. Golurk is faster and hits hard. The only good thing is that King's Shield is good for nerfing attacks, but will-o-wisp does the same thing. One good ground move kills these. They're decent for killing faeries but nobody leaves a fairy out against them and clefable can learn flamethrower.... so meh.

Chandelureis a gamble IMHO. It' speed is OK, but it's weak to so many common threats (rock, ground, water, dark, ghost) that it's not really good unless you know you're in the clear. Expect it to die. A lot.
>>
>>26760329
Damn, you guys are both helpful AND detailed. I'm not used to that on this site.
>>
File: Dusknoir.jpg (319 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Dusknoir.jpg
319 KB, 900x900
>>26760339
No problemo. If you appreciate it, just pay it forward. It makes the site better.
>>
You don't have to stick purely to Ghost remember, Hex Maniacs use some Psychic types as well such as Gardevoir, Xatu and Chimeco

'mystical' Psychic types is the general idea I think.
>>
I run a team of monotype Ghost :

I start with a Golurk who set entry hazard (stones) and with only ghost in team I've seen somme people cry with their rapid spin failling ^^

Chandelure immunity to fire is sweet to max its damage but will die to the first rock/ground attack :/ Still powerfull to non rapid/speWall

Mismagus can do a lot with calm mind and a versatility of moveset

Harvest Trevenant is FUN !

Sableye prank people to death

Mega banette do the job but run it with destiny bond because it get rapidly revenge-killed
>>
I was pleasantly surprised by Gourgeist as a support/wall

impish w/leftovers
252hp/252def
frisk

trick or treat to make tough mons take double damage from other attackers
shadowsneak for the supersize speed
confuse ray/leechseed
and will-o-wisp
>>
>>26760276
>>26760276
>>26760276

banette doesn't have prankster without mega evolving and gourgeist and trevenant any aren't weak to bug
>>
Beware of anything with Scrappy. Mega Lopunny can punch ghosts to death and, being normal/fighting makes it tough to hit. Cofagrigius is the only cure to scrappy and, even then, one switch brings the scrappy back. It's a pain to counter without relying on entry hazards.
>>
>>26760456
gourgeist insomnia seed counters scrappy

I run a willowisp/confuseray team with a few destinybonds and one curse thrown in for good measure. It's been working well for me.
>>
File: spirtibomb.png (320 KB, 600x685) Image search: [Google]
spirtibomb.png
320 KB, 600x685
>>26760477
I guess that's true, but will gourgiest survive the ice/fire punch? Ice punch is a pretty common coverage move against all the salamence spam. Switching still fixes the insomnia and sets lopunny up for more annoying fakout crap.

Spikes and stealth rock always help the swtichiness. Maybe prankster to paralyze would help, too? The fail chance is better than nothing.
>>
>>26760499
Fire punch is coverd by the switch in of chandelure. But if facing something strong, Gourgeist and Trevenant can always remove their stab by removing their types and if you stall with them, not having an opponent stab is a blessing
>>
>>26760570
Alright, sorry for the vastly delayed responses -- I just landed in Japan and went for dinner.
>>
Does Gengar with counter, Destiny bond, and focus sash still work? That was my lead for 4 and 5
>>
I can't really say for the Gengar thing, I've got to admit that I never used or even seen this type of gengar, always the casual maybe curse bullshit and Mega powerhouse
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.