[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just a reminder for the idiots who looked over this in the video.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 13
Just a reminder for the idiots who looked over this in the video. Effectiveness of moves only show for pokemon you've battled/seen already. Ledyba and other caught pokemon were already seen in the dex before it they were registered.

The type effectiveness is only there to REMIND you of what hurts what, the surprise factor of encountering a pokemon for the first time is still there. I know some of you know this already but there's more threads spreading false info than correct.
>>
That's neat
>>
>>26739793
same, I literally don't see why would someone complain about this.

It's like saying attacks shouldn't be colored as the type the attack is.
>>
I noticed it but I thought it was a bug because it showed it for Pichu IIRC.

I hope you're right.
>>
File: image.jpg (196 KB, 587x625) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196 KB, 587x625
>>26739776
Didn't notice.
>>
>>26739816
I am right, it didn't show for Pichu either because it was the first time it was seen by the trainer. It showed for Litten because the trainer battled it upon receiving the starter.
>>
>>26739881
Cool.
>>
Literally a game for special needs kids now.
>>
>>26739776
Good job OP, I didnt notice this in the stream. You clever fagot.
>>
>>26739776
Nope. It should only be mons you've already caught. Otherwise it is still hand holdy to the max. You can beat something once due to fluke or being overleveled at the time.
>>
They pretty much explained it in the live stream.
>>
>>26739990
You're a retard
>>
>>26740017
>Otherwise it is still hand holdy to the max. You can beat something once due to fluke or being overleveled at the time.
So...it doesn't matter?
>>
>>26739990
>Literally trying to stirr shit: The post
>>
>>26740017
Why does it even matter. You already know all this shit, this is only for newbies
>>
It shouldn't even be a problem regardless. Everyone on this board knows the type chart, just negative idiots looking for things to shit on
>>
>>26740017
Why does it even matter at that point then?
>>
>>26739776
Thank you OP for saying this, some people are too fucking retarded to read.
>>
>>26740055
Because not everyone looks up all the type combos online before the games come out.

>>26740139
Because you can face the mon later under trainer control where it would be higher level and thus it would matter knowing what the type is then.
>>
>>26739776
>>26739881
The pokemon doesn't know any SE or NVE moves so nothing is highlighted. It has nothing to do with what you have/haven't seen yet.
>>
\>>26740197
It says Effective for neutral moves.
>>
So, the second time I encounter a pidgey, the screen will be cluttered with "effective" labels?
I don't want clutter, the blue dot things are already pushing it from an otherwise neat interface.
>>
>>26739776
the only people that are complaining about this picture are memers and summerfags that are trying to fit in pay them no mind OP theyre just depressed in real life so they need to spout memes in order to generate attention
>>
>>26740225
>Clutter
It's in the same bubble, just next the move name in a smaller font even. You guys will move goal posts all day just to complain about this wont you?
>>
>>26739990
great i'm glad this game appeals more to you now then :)
>>
>>26739990
That is why you play them.
>>
>>26739990
Clearly a game for you then, for caring this much
>>
File: 1457869999951.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1457869999951.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>26739776
Nice job OP
>>
>>26740289
This is the board where people still unironically call this 6.5.
/vp/ is the embodiment of goal post movers.
>>
Ok but can I turn it off
>>
>>26740536
I imagine you would be
>>
>>26740536
it's never there in the first place and it's only there after you know the typing of the pokemon

would you not want a reminder of when you're battling a rock type with poison type that your move won't do shit? are you willing to risk a match over a memory slip up and think that's okay?
>>
>>26740197
It says effective/super-effective/not very effective against pokemon you've seen, anon.
>>
>>26740536
I hope so, it's ugly and I already know the type match-ups.
>>
>>26740625
Yes
>>
>>26740289
I simply stated my preference.
I think it's nice and helpful that there's tips and whatnot but since I have no use for them, I feel they clutter up the nice clean bottom screen.
>>
>>26739776
So basically its just adding something pretty much every other RPG with a weakness system has had for awhile. and people were up in arms about this?
>>
>>26740732
Don't you have to tap an icon to bring them up anyway? You'll never see them if you don't open the window anyway.
>>
>>26739776
>>26739881
So what's that blue circle on the top left of every move?
>>
>>26740790
its an "i" for information, you can click it to check the move's power and such without needing to go to the pokemon's summary via party.
>>
>>26739809
because it's ruining the game and making kids braindead
>>
>>26740795
That's really nice, actually.
>>
>>26740294
>>26740311
>no arguments:the post

There's no excuse for this level of deconstruction of a basic game mechanic

Would you like Mario if it told you when to press A by indicating wth a red circle in the upper center of the screen the ideal time to jump?
>>
>>26740162
If you can't guess the type of most pokemon by design alone, you really do need your hand held.

Just because a move is super effective against a pokemon doesn't mean it's the best to use.
>>
>>26740765
I sure hope so, anon.
I guess that was my question in the first place.
I don't think It's crazy or unfair to ask NOT to have these things shoved up our throats, just being an option is ok.
>>
>>26740795
Neat! Hopefully we can get to the pokemon summary from there too.
>>
>>26740841
Well the M&L RPG's have always made it abundantly clear when to do the action commands and no one bitches about that
>>
>>26740841
If you want replies that are proper arguments, learn to fucking argue first you dumb plebbit browsing child.

No one is going to reply to you seriously when all you know how to do is shitpost instead of giving proper criticism
>>
>>26739990
It's perfect for you, then.
>>
>>26739776
Oh, well that makes more sense. And it's quite smart now. I wonder what other surprises GF has in store this gen.
>>
bumping this because I'm seeing more bitching threads
>>
>>26740625
>are you willing to risk a match over a memory slip up and think that's okay?

really?
of course. that's the fun part. if i always know the best move to use 100% of the time then the "battle" is just me pressing a highlighted button.

it's like GF brainstormed a way to make pokemon battles even more boring.
>>
>>26740841
Yes, and then I'd do it in a half a press
>>
>>26740812
Clearly you're the one who is braindead.
>>
>>26740055
exactly, we had to learn this shit from gen1, relearned it with gen6, no fucking newbie cancer casual pokemon go fags just see it without any effort, without any skill, without any kind of knowledge. this just kills the game for me, it's a no-buy.
>>
File: 1421160592158.png (192 KB, 639x483) Image search: [Google]
1421160592158.png
192 KB, 639x483
wow, GF really thinks that the new audience is full of retard kids.
>>
>>26739776

First time doesn't mean shit. I want to be surprised constantly, not just the first time. I know I'm going to be surprised the first time I play S/M, it's a new Pokemon game. I don't want the game ruining my surprises when I'm resting on the laurels of my victories, those are the best surprises of them all.
>>
>>26743028
>First time doesn't mean shit. I want to be surprised constantly
Are you the girl from 50 First Dates?
>>
>>26740812
>implying playing Pokemon was such a strenuous brain exercise to begin with
>>
>>26740812
>Pokemon is making children braindead
If you believe this for even a second you're a damn retard
>>
>>26742983
>>26743028
>run into a new pokemon
>dont know what it is
>catch it
>find out what type it is

unless you kill every pokemon you see or just never bother catching any there's no fucking surprise there for you to find out about in regards to typing, stop making this seem like a big deal when it isn't.
>>
>>26743028
>I want to be surprised constantly, not just the first time.
You can literally only be surprised the first time unless you just straight up forget things, which is not a good metric to base things on.

You're only getting info on types and abilities, if I recall, and only after you've faced the Pokemon once before. We don't know if you only have to face the Pokemon once, or if you need to face it with each ability it has too. And I'm certain you'll also need to face each evolution once too.

I still need to watch the actual stream, but it seems you're not getting info on their moves, you're not getting info on their direct stats. Just how your moves affect them and I think how you've changed their stats through moves.
>>
>>26739990
>it took him 20 years to realize pokemon is a special needs game
>>
>>26741738
If you don't know what the best move is 100 percent of the time then you probably shouldn't be here

If you only win because your opponent doesn't know his type chart then you're a scrub
>>
>>26739776
I'm fine with this, just as long as I can turn it off
>>
>>26740762
/vp/ is filled with morons.
>>
>>26739809
You should have to remember and know without being told. Adding type color casualized the whole game.
>>
>>26739776
I think that the greatest thing to have come out of this E3 showcase was the fact that trainers are present on field during battles.
That's something that should've happened years ago, and sometimes we would get tiny nods to it with the trainers appearing on screen and spewing some bullshit.
I for one am super stoked for these games. They're gonna be so damn good.
>>
How would you make the new games super hardcore and skillful guys?

Let's start with removing exp progress visualization again. It's a really handholdy and unskillful mechanic and totally not something GF glossed over when developing Gen 1.
>>
>>26740762
because its all pokemon gameplay boils down to
>>
>>26743608
I would really love it if newly caught Pokemon weren't sent to new boxes if your current one was full, and you just lost the capture, those days were the best.
>>
>>26743635
Maybe in-game. Against real players it's a game of prediction, and you have to consider the types of the entire enemy team as well as their stats.
>>
>>26743112
Alternatively,
>Run in the grass for a long ass time
>Run into a new pokemon you've never seen before
>One of those rarer ones for that area
>Don't know what type it is
>End up killing it with an accidental super effective
>Next time you run into it, you can catch it right

I mean, that happened a fuckton in the past if you weren't some faggot that looked everything up before playing the game.
Now they just have it in the game to streamline things.
>>
>>26743028
>I want to be surprised constantly, not just the first time.
You just outright admitted to being too dumb to remember it.
>>
>>26743590
Let's remember that Colosseum, a game made by Genius Sorority before they turned into Shufflesluts, had Players and NPCs on the Battlefield 13 whole years before GameFreak did it with SM.
>>
>>26743763
Sonority, even.
>>
>>26743763
GF is a flawed developer that got lucky during the 90's. News at 11.
>>
>>26743763
Yes because the gameboy advance games were clearly in full 3D.
>>
>>26739776
I just want to know how it reacts to abilities. I don't want my opponent to tell if my Zebstrika is immune to their electric or grass type attacks without hitting it first. Sure Sap Sipper is more practical, but that's besides the point.
>>
lame if easy gastrodon no long baits some thunderbolts
>>
>>26744193
Oh, I bet it will still, some possibly coming from some of the people that are butthurt about this addition.
>>
>>26740812
boo fucking hoo you assblasted faggot

You know you can go play garbage like dark souls that's "hardcore" enough isn't it?
>>
>>26744146
>>26744193
This, I could see being a problem. We'll just have to wait and find out how it plays with player vs. player battles. Even just in game, it could be a bit annoying.
>>
>>26740762
I'm not sure how many other RPGs the average /vp/ user has played.
>>
>>26743608
remove leveling from the game
>>
>>26739776
thanks op. faggots will shitpost about >muh difficulty anyway, but you're doin good.
>>
>>26745441
most of people probably gave up on Pokemon
>>
>>26739776
thanks.
>>
>>26740795
Or you can press L+A
>>
>>26742212
Salty
>>
>>26740762
I've found that a lot of pokemon players don't actually play many other franchises, especially the non-Nintendo ones.

But even then, Fire Emblem has battle forecasts. I'd assume Mario RPGs and Xenoblade do as well.

In fact I'd be hard pressed to find RPGs that don't display how effective your moves are, its a wonder that Game Freak never added this feature before.
>>
Game looks good, but that braindead indicator is maybe too much information.
>>
>caring about this when all 700+ pokemon typing should have been memorized

Like, a way to show whether if you are a newfag or not.
>>
>>26740197

They straight-out said it on the stream, you autistic fuckwit.
>>
>>26739776

They specifically mentioned on the stream that effectiveness of moves only shows up if you've seen the Pokemon before.

I don't see it as a problem necessarily but it feels a tad casualised. I'm not all butthurt like most everyone else though.
>>
>>26745283

>Dark Souls
>garbage

Pick one, you massive faggot.
>>
>>26747420
you have to be over 18 to browse this site
>>
>>26747429

Hurr-durr, time for you to leave then.
>>
Damn peepool are so salty, yummy
>>
File: Gno5MIC.jpg (426 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Gno5MIC.jpg
426 KB, 1800x1200
>>26743077
>>
>>26739776
Well when i first saw this i was upset, but now im too lazy to give a fuck anymore.
>>
>>26739776
I mean any veteran of pokemon knows the moves and effectiveness, this is for any first timer. We've had this pandering since Gen 6, its time to get over it and move on. I've been around since gen 1 and ive been happy with pokemon since forever,. Besides they now have competition in japan with Yo-Kai so they have to change things up a bit to get kids in japan to notice them. This doesnt effect anyone over the age of 9 so why care?
>>
>>26740162
How does this effect you? It effects the new comers who dont know, back in the day it was either trial and error or guides, us older fans dont need it so its pointless.
>>
File: Fuck you.gif (4 MB, 307x178) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you.gif
4 MB, 307x178
>>26740841
>Would you like Mario if it told you when to press A by indicating wth a red circle in the upper center of the screen the ideal time to jump?
>>
>>26743763
>Comparing the power of the GC to GBA, DS, and 3DS
How do you even function?
>>
File: 230px-splash_bros.png (53 KB, 230x153) Image search: [Google]
230px-splash_bros.png
53 KB, 230x153
>>26740841
Sure? I don't see anything wrong with it.
>>
>>26747650
Why they did not include these "new" graphics in xy/oras, especially trainers behind pokemon
>>
>>26740841
>deconstruction

Knowing the type chart is relatively common knowledge to anyone that's played the games, barring a younger audience who are either new to the games, or forget the types of the pokemon.

This literally.. LITERALLY.. has no fucking impact on anyone on this board. EVERYONE here should have the type chart down, pat.

So if it's a mechanic thats purely, 100% knowledge based, in a format that is and always has been either well known, or easily accessible, and it also doesnt spoil the type of a pokemon (due to needing to encounter it at least once before its showing up), then its purely a convenience factor element, and non-intrusive crutch for more fragmented, younger players.

You're interpretting it like it's telling you the answer, a cheat sheet on a test, but the challenge of the game never had to do with knowing what moves were super effective, that knowledge was assumed to be known. The challenge is the strategy behind landing those moves in an effective way.
>>
>>26747667

Because GameFreak are lazy. They do minor iterations. There's literally no reason they couldn't have at least made 3D models for all the trainers in XY and ORAS, but they chose not to so that they could pump the game out quicker and spend less money on it. Look how well that turned out.
>>
>>26740762
This. Jesus christ Pokemon fans feel so detached from reality sometimes. It's like bitching about the status condition memo next to the HP bar.
>>
>>26747699
>Jesus christ Pokemon fans feel so detached from reality sometimes.

It's really pretty fascinating. It's almost like no one here has ever played a video game outside of pokemon. It's just like when people were screaming "HURR ARCADE ONLY" when Pokken was announced, as if that shit wasn't common fucking practice forthe past 15 years.
>>
>>26747667
Probably because that was their first time making a game for the system. Compare DP to BW2
>>
File: image.png (210 KB, 858x574) Image search: [Google]
image.png
210 KB, 858x574
>>26747697
>tfw I liked the Sugimori artworks that popped up with the trainer encounter in XY
>tfw in-game trainer models will probably kill the fps while adding nothing substantial to the battle
>>
>>26747717
>imagine the triples lag
>>
Who gives a shit about that more importantly the UI isn't complete fucking garbage for the first time since D/P
>>
>>26747717

Don't get me wrong, I didn't think the art was bad, but it was inconsistent as hell. Even some characters who appear more than Neckbeard Dancer and Emofringe Kid don't have 3D models.
>>
>>26747770
Yeah, I'm digging the UI. I thought it was serviceable in XY/ORAS though, but its a lot more informative here.

>>26747773
Yeah, I agree. Little things like this help you get more immersed in the world.

Its tiny, but damn, having the trainers actually visible makes it feel so much more like an actual pokemon battle. I love it.
>>
>>26747797

Agreed on both fronts.

I don't like all the empty space on the touchscreen during battles now, though. I thought it looked cleaner previously.
>>
Before:
>Oh no, I know I've met this Pokémon already, how did I defeat it again, shit fuck if I make the wrong move I'm done for, let's try with... Yes! It worked! That was so tense and amazing, I love this game!

Now:
>Oh, this Pokémon again, what did I use again, oh yes that, gg easy.
>>
>>26748441
>Oh no, I know I've met this Pokémon already, how did I defeat it again, shit fuck if I make the wrong move I'm done for, let's try with... Yes! It worked! That was so tense and amazing, I love this game!
When the fuck has this ever happened? Do you have the memory of a goldfish?
>>
>>26739990
>pokemon
>anything but a game for retards from its inception

ha ha ha, you are so fucking stupid
>>
File: shitposting discreetly.gif (994 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
shitposting discreetly.gif
994 KB, 500x375
>>26748441
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>26739990
And you're one of them, faggot.
>>
>>26748441
>>Oh no, I know I've met this Pokémon already, how did I defeat it again, shit fuck if I make the wrong move I'm done for, let's try with... Yes! It worked! That was so tense and amazing, I love this game!

You mean

>Oh no, I've only met this Zubat/Grimer/Raticate 30 times already, how did I...
>>
>>26748441
Before:

Now:
>>
>>26740281

True.
>>
>>26740089
But not everyone will know the type of all the new mons
>>
>>26748564
You'd have to be a fucking retard to screw up on types consistently enough for it to be a problem. It's not like the AI is smart enough to abuse a single turn's use of a NVE move.
>>
>>26748441
>shit fuck if I make the wrong move I'm done for
When has this ever happened? Most wild pokemon are usually not able to One hit KO you unless you're underleveled and by the time you've seen most of the pokemon in the wild in that route you already know most of the typing of the trainers pokemon.
>>
>>26739776
Hopefully effectiveness won't be listed in online battles.
>>
File: 3av3v5.jpg (16 KB, 299x169) Image search: [Google]
3av3v5.jpg
16 KB, 299x169
>make a thread whining about a new game mechanic
>continue to samefag with myself creating the most absurd and enraging comments possible

After this thread, I'll be able to make a (You) Bank.
>>
>>26751972
I seriously doubt you made this thread and it's hardly about a 'new game mechanic'. It's more like a tutorial, permanent hints that help any retard figure out what to do without paying attention. The battle system would be the same with or without it.
>>
File: 1365703933903.jpg (19 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1365703933903.jpg
19 KB, 320x287
>pvp match
>fight that noob who doesnt remember type effectiveness
>he gets spoonfed
>>
So i can't remember, but did they say there was a feature that monitored the stat changes going on?
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.