[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pmdg/ - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 90
File: 1439426984247.jpg (87 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1439426984247.jpg
87 KB, 600x450
Mega Evolution edition. Old thread >>26065067

SPMD .cia http://pastebin.com/uR5bKJkw

Check the guides at >>>/vg/hbg if you don't know how to install the game. You won't lose any online feature or anything doing so, don't worry. You will be able to do everything that you'd normally be able to and much more.

Blue, Sky, and an emulator (now comes with rom editor so you can have custom starters): https://mega.nz/#!TUEBhRQY!mfpcugVQp_aVbNVNDoJjElo3c__57V0s6O45ftnMSHQ

/vp/'s Mystery Dungeon guides: http://pastebin.com/Dbq61R5u

PSMD Wondermail codes: http://www.cpokemon.com/2015/11/24/todas-las-contrasenas-wonder-mail-

Super Mystery Dungeon FAQ: http://pastebin.com/aY45shVA

Super Mystery Dungeon Treasure List + Locations: http://pastebin.com/1xsZmqgJ
REMINDER: If you need a rescue, post your region. Due to a few things that make no sense, rescues are region locked. It's shitty, but be sure to mention if you're European or American. If you use the .cia in this post, your region should be listed as American.
>>
So how should Mega Evolution have been handled with the Looplet system?
Should there have been an Awakening Looplet that had the same effect as the emera?
Should the whole berserk thing have even been there?
Should it have just been a meter that builds up with or without a certain Looplet then unleashed via a button combination?
>>
>>26135877
Perma mega evolution would have been OP. The berserk thing just shouldn't have been there, it's essentially a beginner's trap. Ideally, there should have been some button on the bottom screen you could have tapped to activate it when you felt the need to use it.
>>
Why do you think Ampharos has such a terrible sense of orientation? I personally think he's been hit so many times in his expeditions that his motor control has been affected. Either way, his clumsiness never fails to amuse me.
>>
>>26136204
He's obviously a drunkard who should not be entrusted with the care of two underaged protagonists.
>>
File: 53083535_p11_master1200.jpg (251 KB, 500x670) Image search: [Google]
53083535_p11_master1200.jpg
251 KB, 500x670
>>26136204
The sun reflects off of the orb on his head and the glare makes it hard to see. That's why he's perfectly find in a dungeon.
>>
File: 1435186598056.png (2 KB, 176x48) Image search: [Google]
1435186598056.png
2 KB, 176x48
>>
File: Cafe.jpg (300 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
Cafe.jpg
300 KB, 600x480
>>
>>26139140
>tfw thought that was a shiny bellossom for a second
>>
>>26139140
>both iggles and wiggles in the same room

what is this, time travel shenanigans?
>>
Okay! I beat Super! Or at least, I got to the treasure collection part.
I'm the guy who got satanic trips in the last thread, by the way.
I'll talk a bit more about the game. Minor spoilers, I guess?

There's a lot more that I like about the game.
The biggest one I feel is a particular control improvement. This was incredibly annoying in RT and Explorers: the menu was very touchy. Even if you dashed, the menu would still open, as long as you tapped the B button. Basically, it forces you to dash, then wait a second while holding the B button, then let go and start moving, otherwise the menu will show up. It really slowed down the game if you were trying to go fast. This problem is not present in Super.
However, the controls are not perfect. It's hard to perform an alliance attack quickly. You have to hold L, wait, then press R. You can't just press them at the same time. I often catch myself pushing my team members or enemies accidentally, wasting turns and hunger. It takes a while for the attack menu to show up.
As frustrating as it was, boss immunity is a very nice feature. Bosses in previous games could just be cheesed with any kind of stun. The bosses are actually frightening now, but stun still helps a little. It's strange that they can't resist Whirlwind, which is just as cheesy for bosses with no ranged attacks, if not cheesier, than stunlocking.
The music is very good. In RT and Explorers, there are a number of tracks that are just boring to me. In Super, there are very few of these. The remixes are great, too. I turned the volume way up for the rock remix of the boss theme.
It was nice to see that some of the enemies moved tactically. For example, Seadra is a menace with projectiles, so it keeps its distance rather than mindlessly walking towards you. It's kind of strange that such a small minority of enemies act this way, though.
1/?
>>
>>26140648
The references to previous games were a nice touch, but didn't add very much to the game. It's kind of neat to see the Explorers gang again, but I wouldn't feel like anything was missing if the game did not have these types of references.
This is a little controversial, but I liked the non-Pokemon final boss. There's something cool about every Pokemon on the planet fighting alongside each other against an alien force. Plus, we get to see some cool attacks that aren't just Pokemon moves. Something that was interesting to me is that the attacks used by non-Pokemon aren't considered "moves" by the message log. For example, "Void Shadows emitted dark shadows." instead of "Void Shadows used Dark Shadows!". It doesn't matter too much to me that they aren't "consistent" with the Pokemon universe, but I think it would bother me if there was a non-Pokemon non-villain.
While Legendaries seem to be a perfect fit for bosses, I think that non-Pokemon make better final bosses. They're more mysterious, and give the writer more freedom. That isn't to say that I don't like the Legendary final bosses, too, though.
This is a really small change, but it's really cool that Transform actually works now. I haven't used it myself, but I can imagine it would be somewhat like using monster meat in Shiren.
2/?
>>
>>26140654
Speaking of Shiren, there's lots of Shiren influence in Super! I wonder if this means we'll see a more Shiren-style Pokemon Mystery Dungeon in the future? Probably not.
The most obvious reference is the wands, which are almost directly lifted from Shiren's staves(or many other roguelikes...). There are a few differences with how they work in Shiren, but they are very similar.
Another one is the way that enemies evolve when they get a kill. Shiren enemies do this too, even when they kill another enemy(for example, while confused).
And there are some enemies with behaviors that mimic Shiren enemies. Zorua = Tengu, Ditto = N'Duba, Abra = Running Egg, Sawk = Soldier Ant, Nincada = Dead Soldier, Delibird = Fluffy Bunny, and Braixen = Skull Mage. There are also some changes to some moves that make them closer to attacks in Shiren.
All this, on top of the returning Shiren-like features(shops, some orb effects, some scarf effects, etc.), are fun to see for a Shiren fan like myself.

Now that the initial rush of having level 50s early on has worn off, I'm starting to dislike the new recruiting system. In previous games, you really had to work to get powerful Pokemon, and once they were on your team, they were there to stay. In Super, you can get high level Pokemon just by chatting in town, and they aren't always available to explore.
But, it's very cool that it's possible to do super difficult missions early on by making a full team of level 50s. And the break system makes sense because otherwise there would be no point in using the MC and partner.
3/?
>>
>>26140658
I have a few more nitpicks.
The basic attack is way too weak. Only 5 damage, and it can miss! At least make in sure-shot and scale to level. 1 level = 1 damage would be good. So many times, I'd stun an enemy, and wish that I could just finish them off with a basic attack, but instead I have to waste PP.
Some of the older items are just not as good as they used to be. By the time you get rocks, 20 damage is not enough. Seeds are made mostly obsolete by wands. Seeds you eat and ban seeds are still good, though. Berries, seeds, elixirs, and other edible non-apples do not recover enough belly. In RT and Explorers, if you ran out of apples, you could eat your other items out of desperation to save yourself. Here, if you run out of apples, you are just fucked.
I don't understand why I have to buy tickets. By the time they became available, I had enough gold bars to buy all of them right away, and still buy all the items I want from shops. Seems pretty pointless to me. It's not at all like buying friend areas in RT.
During the main story, I was not very happy about having "team members" who weren't really team members. You can't feed them items or change their tactics. It's frustrating that I can't heal them or tell them to wait or tell them to stop using bad moves. At least they're all pretty strong.
There was also some lag in a few dungeons. I don't know if it was caused by all these following Pokemon or something else, but I noticed it the most when I had the three beasts with me.
Speaking of the beasts, why were they such jerks? I don't really understand the whole "pretend to be assholes and then save the MC" bit. Why couldn't they be upfront about their intentions?
4/?
>>
>>26140663
During the game, I was very underleveled. I got one-shot by too many enemies to count. It forces me to always use wands or to rely on my overpowered guest members. From a story perspective, it makes sense that two nobodies can't just barge through the toughest dungeon in the world, but it's still quite frustrating that I can't fight anyone on my own. I found myself pushing my guests through hallways, even though it drains hunger faster, just to avoid getting one-shot all the time. Big Ears was actually really helpful, because I could use it to avoid enemies or to gang up on them. I even found out that the partner can die, which was very handy in dungeons where it has a type disadvantage.
Being underleveled the whole game, it was very satisfying to get to the final dungeon and being able to fight off whole floors on my own. If you're reading this and you haven't beaten the game yet, take my advice and LOOK FOR EMERAS IN THE FINAL DUNGEON! I got to the final boss with jack shit for emeras, and wasted a bunch of revivers. I can't imagine how much better it would've gone if I had found a few good emeras.
5/?
>>
>>26140671
A few extra notes:
I like Explorers' story better, but the story was still very good.
The Shamalama twist at the end was kind of stupid even though they hinted towards it a few times. The disappearance was not nearly as emotional as the other games(although I am older than I was when I played the other games). However, I really liked the fight with the final boss, and the celebrations afterward.
100% is probably going to be much better than the other games, due to how recruiting works in Super.

Overall, a fantastic game, my overall favorite in the series. I might make another post like this once I'm deep into or finished with the postgame. I've heard that the Level 1 dungeons are not as good, so I'll have to check that out for myself.
6/6
>>
>>26140672
Great posts.

>Even if you dashed, the menu would still open, as long as you tapped the B button.
I don't remember having that problem.

I like how the MD games control, they use all of the buttons available in what's probably the best way possible for this type of gameplay. I like how Super made a difference between B+Y and Y+B.
The only thing I think they did wrong is that you can't use the moves menu to choose which one to use (which you can still open by pressing X twice, I don't understand why they removed it).
Regarding the menus in general, it was actually better in the DS games (and even GtI, though it was not as good).

>It takes a while for the attack menu to show up.
Well, you don't have to wait to use the move if you remember which button it is, so I guess it works. I thought it was strange at first after having played GtI, but I understood it after a while.

>5HP A attack
>extra party members not acting as party members
Probably the biggest problems of these games, and Super could have fixed both. All they needed to do for the party members was adding an additional menu that comes up only when they are with you.

Yeah, the Shiren influence is nice. I never understood why Transform didn't work properly.
Maybe we'll get pots or their PMD equivalent one day?
>>
>I like how the MD games control, they use all of the buttons available in what's probably the best way possible for this type of gameplay.
Me too! You'd think that it would be difficult to transfer the complex controls of a PC roguelike to a console, but it's all very intuitive and convenient.

>the only thing I think they did wrong is that you can't use the moves menu to choose which one to use (which you can still open by pressing X twice, I don't understand why they removed it).
This doesn't bug me too much because there isn't much reason to visit that menu in the first place. The quick menu shows you pretty much everything you need to know.

>regarding the menus in general, it was actually better in the DS games (and even GtI, though it was not as good).
I completely agree, and I posted this in my post in the last thread. I don't like how only 5 options are visible at a time, and how icons are used instead of text.

>well, you don't have to wait to use the move if you remember which button it is, so I guess it works. I thought it was strange at first after having played GtI, but I understood it after a while.
My issue was actually that it takes a while for a move to go through, even after you press the combination. The reason I worded it like that was because I was under the impression that the attack wouldn't happen until the menu showed up. But it looks like the attack can come out before the menu does(although there's still a delay).

>Maybe we'll get pots or their PMD equivalent one day?
Oh, that would be pretty cool. Although, part of me doesn't like pots. You have to do a lot of rummaging around to remember what you have and find what you're looking for. I love all the different effects, like the one that changes your items into different items.
Maybe we'll get swords, too? Hahaha! I'd love to have a strong sword with tons of melds in PMD, but that seems very unlikely. They'd be a lot better than the regular attack in Super, that's for sure!
>>
>>26140827
>This doesn't bug me too much because there isn't much reason to visit that menu in the first place. The quick menu shows you pretty much everything you need to know.
I know but I fear my L button stops working properly

>Maybe we'll get swords, too? Hahaha! I'd love to have a strong sword with tons of melds in PMD, but that seems very unlikely. They'd be a lot better than the regular attack in Super, that's for sure!
True lol
Maybe the regular attack could be changed, or maybe have the held item make it have a different effects or something. I think there can be a lot of potential if they want to keep the regular attack to 5HP as default without it being annoying.
>>
>>26140891
Oh, I forgot that the shoulder buttons on 3DS are flimsy. I can see how that could be an issue.
My DS Lite's shoulder buttons partially stopped working, so I'm glad that you can select everything from the menus in the DS games. However, trying to move diagonally on that thing was awful.
>>
>>26140654
>It's kind of neat to see the Explorers gang again, but I wouldn't feel like anything was missing if the game did not have these types of references.
Yeah. For a game that touted itself as the definitive PMD, the references to the past games were pretty lackluster and amounted to a line of dialogue or point on the map at best.

>>26140658
>In previous games, you really had to work to get powerful Pokemon, and once they were on your team, they were there to stay.
While I'm not the biggest fan of the Connection Orb, I can't say that it didn't do a better job at recruiting than the past games. I'll take doing a few varied missions for a guaranteed recruit any day over camping on a floor and waiting for the Pokemon you want to spawn and then possibly join you. However, there's definitely something satisfying about having the chance to recruit whatever you encounter then and there instead of having to navigate through a web of requests just to do the same thing.

>>26140663
>LOOK FOR EMERAS IN THE FINAL DUNGEON
I'm pretty sure that Phase 2 removes all of your emeras along with de-evolving you. And speaking of that, getting weakened at the most critical moment of the final fight and then staying weakened for the rest of it just killed the hype for me. I would've gladly taken a situation where there was only so much of the Tree of Life's energy left that you evolved to your middle stage instead over nothing.

>>26140672
>Overall, a fantastic game, my overall favorite in the series.
I'd agree from a pure gameplay perspective, but not overall. A lot of decisions with the direction of the story just left me disappointed afterwards, and it marred my enjoyment of the postgame. Still, I enjoyed Super and would gladly recommend it.

>>26140827
>This doesn't bug me too much because there isn't much reason to visit that menu
KI:U destroyed my L button, now it often gets stuck.
>>
File: avatar.png (418 KB, 400x586) Image search: [Google]
418 KB, 400x586
>>26141151
>I'm pretty sure that Phase 2 removes all of your emeras along with de-evolving you.
Oh, I see. Sort of makes the battle more dramatic when he isn't constantly stunned by Lullaby, Dizzying Stare, and so on.

>and speaking of that, getting weakened at the most critical moment of the final fight and then staying weakened for the rest of it just killed the hype for me.
Really? I liked the whole "chips are down" sort of thing they had going on. Even when all seems lost, don't give up.

>I would've gladly taken a situation where there was only so much of the Tree of Life's energy left that you evolved to your middle stage instead over nothing.
What about Pikachu and Riolu? Do they turn into Missingno.?
>>
Random question: how old do you think certain Legendaries like Virizion and Keldeo are in this series? Technically they're Legendaries, but in this game (Gates, specifically) they're not really treated as such, other than as famous adventurers. So would they be older, like they probably are in the main series or would they have a more contemporary age?

Random, I know, but I ponder weird lore questions when playing and replaying these games.
>>
>>26141238
pichu and riolu overflows back to lucario :^)
>>
>>
>>26143960
Skitty best partner. That MudkipAnon just couldn't handle the girth
>>
>>26144012
that or he really wanted to use wooper instead of mudkip

Mudkip's learnset in Sky is just so bad holy shit
>>
>>26144102
I know I know. I'm just teasing you
Because you couldn't handle the GIRTH
>>
File: falling off 2.jpg (206 KB, 413x600) Image search: [Google]
falling off 2.jpg
206 KB, 413x600
>>
>>26144997
How easy would it be to fall off?
>>
>>26144997
depicted: the partner changing their mind
>>
File: no please.png (60 KB, 558x558) Image search: [Google]
no please.png
60 KB, 558x558
>>26145260
>>
File: 1408307068242.png (52 KB, 420x289) Image search: [Google]
1408307068242.png
52 KB, 420x289
>>26145260
>>
File: you stop that.png (150 KB, 932x684) Image search: [Google]
you stop that.png
150 KB, 932x684
>>26145260
>>
File: 1447464205347.jpg (124 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1447464205347.jpg
124 KB, 650x650
This is my first Mystery Dungeon.

I've heard these games are quite mature and have shit going down hard for Pokemon games, however, what I'm seeing so far story-wise is quite childish. Does it pick up later down the road?

Does the Partner become less annoying as the story goes?

Thank you and sorry for the stupid questions. Game's been pretty fun so far despite those two grievances of mine.
>>
>>26146471
All these games pick up after a point, and the partner, honestly i need to replay the game to remember more about how the partner was. I have a bad habit of playing through too quickly.

What do you think about the game so far, other than it being fun? Things you like/dislike?
>>
>>26146471
You didn't specify which one it is, but I guess it's Super. Anyway, yeah, don't worry about it.

also
>implying the super partner is bad
Your opinion is objectively wrong when compared with my tastes
>>
>>26146471
Yes it "picks up," but if you aren't enjoying the opening then I don't know what to tell you, I love the beginning. I wanna ask if you hate fun, but that would be rude. Do you not like that nothing is going on? It's basically a slice of life section, take it easy.

Same goes for the partner. One of my favorite characters in the game.

But that's just my taste.
>>
>>26146471
Where are you in the game? Also don't forget about asking for help if you need it!
>>
>>26146504
Seems like standard dungeon crawler fare so far. Nothing bad. The music has been what I've taken notice of the most. It's pretty good music.

I'm liking the graphics too. It shits on XY/ORAS in these two aspects so far and makes me sad the mainlines are in charge of GF incompetent hands.

It also surprised me how much I'm not minding the talking Pokemon society aspect. To be honest, I always avoided the Mystery Dungeon series because of this particular thing.

>>26146517
>>Your opinion is objectively wrong when compared with my tastes
How about this then: Does the Partner get character development?

>>26146523
It's not like I'm not enjoying the game, I'm wondering if shit starts to go down later. So far it's like you said, slice of life school hijinks and it blindsided me.

>>26146525
School Forest. Pretty early, I know.
>>
File: 52253863_p0.png (310 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
52253863_p0.png
310 KB, 750x600
>>26146608
If you like this game, check out Blue and Sky if you want more.

No matter the game, feel free to ask for help. There's always someone around that's ready to take on a rescue.
>>
Who else liked Gates to Infinity more than Super?
>>
File: 1461084014001.jpg (99 KB, 500x304) Image search: [Google]
1461084014001.jpg
99 KB, 500x304
>>26146706
You're in the minority for sure.
>>
>>26146608
I'm the third post, sorry I got defensive. But what you said has been parroted quite a bit and it was my knee-jerk reaction.

Like others have said, definitely check out the other games once you finish Super and never be afraid to ask for help or a rescue.
>>
>>26146769
>>26146525
>>26146644
Does the game become super hardcore or something later on?
>>
>>26140672
>Control improvement, enemy improvement
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. This was the main source of difficulty in the game (the enemies, not the controls) and I love it. It's challenge without bullshit.

>>26140654
>Non-Pokemon enemies
That was actually my favorite part of the plot. Sure, it was a bit odd, but it turned it from "Stop the rampaging legendary" into "Punch the local Cthulu-equivalent and some shoggoths in their lack-of-a-dick," which just ramps up the melodrama in the perfect way.

>>26140658
Never actually played Shiren, so I haven't got much to address this part. But I'd have to agree about the recruitment system. If they had gone with the normal recruitment system, Super would be my favorite game in the series, or maybe tied with Sky...but the Connection Orb just shat all over everything in every conceivable way. Why couldn't it have just been a bulletin board? Why were there no randomly generated missions? Why was there only one of any given Pokemon in the world at any given time?

>>26140663
>Basic attack
Yeah, I used it once later on, expecting it to do small but reasonable amount of damage, and was promptly KO'd when it only did 5. That should've been fixed - maybe make it a 10BP typeless move that can't crit or something, physical or special depending on the higher of the user's attack stats?

>>26140671
Eh, I liked the difficulty. It added challenge without going into Dark Souls Dante Must Die mode, like I said above. Very hard, but not quite nightmarish.

>>26140672
The TWEEST could have been better foreshadowed - what little they had was clumsy as shit. Maybe something along the lines of Mew promising to carry the scarves into the future and never being seen again? The reunion could've been better implemented too.

I still cried at my MC sobbing on the ground, though.
>>
>>26146806
It's more that people here like to help those in trouble. These games can be pretty tough for some people or they might get unlucky. It's just a little friendly reminder, is all.
>>
File: yoom tah.jpg (4 KB, 108x125) Image search: [Google]
yoom tah.jpg
4 KB, 108x125
>>26146706
Okay, I'll admit, the plot wasn't half bad. But it relied too much on legendary Pokemon, and the mechanics were absolute crap. Super's mechanics were perfectly polished bar the Connection Orb (and maybe the lack of progression from Emeras), and although the plot became a bit meh for the TWEEST, it was very good otherwise.

>>26146806
Remember the scene when you had to flee the village in the original R/B? Well, prepare your anus.
>>
>>26146806
Well, there are the level 1/5 dungeons, though those are better in the DS games.
>>
>>26146868
>Never actually played Shiren
You should, I'm sure you'll enjoy it
I want to play Torneko too, but I want to play Chunsoft's Dragon Quests first. I guess it's not too different from Shiren though.
>>
>>26146608
B...B...But it goes against everything the main series stands for! This isn't Pokemon!
>>
>>26146471
The early part of Super has absolutely nothing to do with the actual plot, so if you're finding it boring, I'm not surprised. However, I'd recommend enjoying it as its own thing, since the actual main plot picks up halfway through and is a steaming pile of crap, so yeah.

Also the partner doesn't necessarily get less annoying, but he doesn't necessarily get any more interesting. His character kind of devolves as things go on.

>>26146706
Honestly, the feeling of disappointment after enduring Super's innumerable problems left me very tempted to pick Gates up and give it a real shot. I can't say I'm part of that minority for sure yet (because of course I haven't played em both), but the feeling alone probably says enough.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>first time playing PMD or any dungeon game for that matter
>all is well and fun
>come across this fucker

How?
>>
>>26147474
>water moves made weaker due to sun
>pikachu

X-eye Seeds
>>
>>26147544
Not mine, I got that from Google. I'm Cyndaquil and my partner is Chikorita. (Best partner choice btw)
>>
>>26147627
You're probably better off using X-eye and spamming fire moves. Try to get Chikorita away so it can use Razor Leaf
>>
>>26147474
remove those hideous filters from your emulator setttings
>>
>>26147775
It looks like that because it's a thumbnail from youtube he got from a google image search result
>>
File: Hidden Land.jpg (75 KB, 900x683) Image search: [Google]
Hidden Land.jpg
75 KB, 900x683
>>
Is there a way to edit your starters in PSMD? I recently lost my save file and don't feel like going through the game again using usual starters.

I have access to any homebrew/hacks necessary if so.
>>
>>26148961
Not as of now, sorry. Only possibly for Sky
>>
>>26149006
what do, then? i want to get back into the game but there's no way i'm doing those first 10 chapters again.
>>
>>26149071
Give it another week or two, and try again? Not much else you can do.
>>
I just finished Super the other day and decided to check out my old Blue and Darkness carts to see if I still had my saves.

Turns out I've been awaiting rescue on Blue since I last played it, which was about eight or nine years ago.

36th floor of Purity Forest. What do?
>>
>>26149240
>which was about eight or nine years ago
whoaaa

>What do?
Post the code.
>>
>>26149240
>deep in purity forest, an alakazam or charizard has long since starved to death over being immobile for almost a decade

you are a terrible person
>>
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 1307x424) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 1307x424
>>26149248
Alright.
>>26149268
I was in fact a Charizard, so you're pretty much right.
>>
I haven't even bought the game yet
>>
Poses like this are why I prefer PMD's sprites over 3D models. There's a ton of character here that just didn't translate well to three dimensions. 3D does get some points for the solid GOOOOLD that is Cofagrigus' walking and running animations, though.

Anyone else have some favorite PMD poses/animations? 3D, 2D, whatever. Totodile's goofy air-hump and sleeping Jirachi snuggling in his cape immediately come to mind along with the other two mentioned.

>>26147248
>Honestly, the feeling of disappointment after enduring Super's innumerable problems left me very tempted to pick Gates up and give it a real shot.
Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.
>>
>>26149640
Riolu and Lucario being dorks that do the ninja run and sleep sitting on the floor
>>
File: wooper (8).jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
wooper (8).jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>26149640
Wooper's walk animation in RT and Explorers. It doesn't even walk, it skips everywhere like every day's the best day ever.
>>
>>26148928
did you paint that?
>>
File: 1460620658047.jpg (1 MB, 3744x5616) Image search: [Google]
1460620658047.jpg
1 MB, 3744x5616
Haven't been to the thread in a couple day, just finished reading up the posts from last thread and here too. I've said this before, but it still amazes me how divisive SMD players are. I've seen just as many people saying that the final boss was lame as I have people saying they really enjoyed the final boss. Personally I don't really like the idea of legendary bosses because it's just so fucking predictable. I like the surprise and 'contrast', I guess, that a non-pokemon final boss brings to the game. That's just what I think, and it's not like a legendary boss couldn't be well written, I just don't really like the idea.

Maybe the next PMD could be like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Instead of the protag fulfilling whatever his duty is, he just wants to figure out how to go home. Of course they have their partner throughout the game who desperately wants them to stay, and the protag is oblivious to how much they mean to their partner. Then instead of the 'twist' being 'u gotta go home dood u saved the world ur done!" the twist is that something makes the protag stay in the pokeworld with their partner and they live happily ever after this one time.

Of course, this would mean that the protag would need to have dialogue and a character that most players probably couldn't self insert too, but hey I'd be okay with that personally because the story could go places that it previously couldn't with a mostly silent protag.
>>
>>26150359
The problem with "i want to go back" is it's never clear how much the PC remembers about being a human, or even if they remember what one looks like. To me it'd be like choosing one world you know over one you forgot everything about. For all we know the protag could have come from hell on earth
>>
Why does Sky pull me into playing it more than any of the other pmd's?
>>
>>26150583
Because it has the objectively best mechanics in a PMD game
>>
File: Sharpedo Bluff.gif (227 KB, 650x571) Image search: [Google]
Sharpedo Bluff.gif
227 KB, 650x571
>>26150588
But i have literally NOTHING more to do in the game at all. I've beaten every dungeon, recruited everything legit, done everything legit, wrote guides, everything.

Simply put, I can't quit it, even when i don't play it I have a fuckton of the music in a music playlist. It's the one game I can manage to just fully go in depth with. All the other games are good, absolutely, even Gates, but i can't put nearly as much time into them. Playing through Sky with my favorite two as custom starters was probably the most fun i've had with any playthrough. It's easily my favorite pokemon game, maybe even game period
>>
File: Building.jpg (363 KB, 1200x720) Image search: [Google]
Building.jpg
363 KB, 1200x720
>>26149923
Nah, I downloaded that a long time ago. I've been going through my old folder of PMD stuff from 2011/2012, before I got a new computer and started actually organizing my stuff properly.
>>
>>26150688
not him but you oughta post anything in there that looks good, might be some stuff worth saving like that pic
>>
File: Wigglyguild.jpg (136 KB, 840x589) Image search: [Google]
Wigglyguild.jpg
136 KB, 840x589
>>26150653
I know how that feels. I actually have a lot of stuff I haven't done, but aren't that interested in doing, but I keep going back to Explorers despite everything, even a huge backlog of stuff I really want to get to. The world, the art, the gameplay, the music, everything just draws me into it like nothing else, it really is my favorite game I might not have written big guides for it (a couple, I guess), but I have written a bunch of other stuff, so I'm there with you too.

>>26150707
Maybe later. I'm sleepy.
>>
File: chespin and victini.jpg (137 KB, 600x531) Image search: [Google]
chespin and victini.jpg
137 KB, 600x531
>>26150753
I mean yeah i'm aware of the flaws the game has like half the guild not really being too notable and flashbacks that sometimes happen mere minutes later but I dunno, i can just overlook a lot of stuff.

Even now, I feel like playing it more after about a monthlong break, but it's late, maybe i'll do it tomorrow.
>>
File: impressive.jpg (137 KB, 484x366) Image search: [Google]
impressive.jpg
137 KB, 484x366
>>26150782
Pretty much. I can see the issues that some people have with the game, and there's even a few that I really do feel like need fixing/were better in other games, but they're just such minor issues as a whole that I don't really mind. I dunno why or how, but it managed to strike the iron just right. Or some kind of metaphor. It's almost midnight, cut me some slack.
>>
File: sleepy vulpix.gif (821 B, 46x36) Image search: [Google]
sleepy vulpix.gif
821 B, 46x36
>>26149640
Also have this.
>>
>>26150782
adding onto this, also the fact that even now, i can still learn stuff about these games that i had never known, like Run Away preventing immobilization via Grimy Food and fire types taking less explosion damage
>>
File: 1351388052955.gif (976 KB, 500x289) Image search: [Google]
1351388052955.gif
976 KB, 500x289
>>26150825
So cute.

A lot of the sleeping sprites are pretty adorable now that I look at them.
>>
>>26149654
Too bad they removed the ninja run in Super and now you only somewhat get it when you're in Mega form
The sleeping while sitting up is still there though
>>
>>26150359
>Those opinions
Are you me?

I think Super hit an awkward crossroads with the player character, especially towards the end. I think his attachment towards the partner character, to speaking super highly of him, crying on the hill for ages and flat out risking Dark Matter coming back made him too defined to work as a player stand in, but still carried all the awkwardness a mute hero does

I think a lot of the problems with the player character, such as what I mentioned above and a very minimal impact in the story, could have been solved if they ditched the whole player-stand in and wrote him with a fully fleshed out character, personality and motivations, complete with dialogue.
>>
>>26150359
If having a protagonist that talks a lot wouldn't work for a game, then this type of plot could be reserved for an anime or something I guess. Instead of basing it of an existing game it could be an original story.
>>
>>26150359
You know what the next step is, right?

Telltale's Pokémon Mystery Dungeon.
>>
>>26152722
no fund it
>>
>Only get one of each form
>Multiple versions of the starters

Why?
>>
File: Day at the Waterfall.jpg (228 KB, 613x491) Image search: [Google]
Day at the Waterfall.jpg
228 KB, 613x491
>>
>>26154476
So you can evolve yourself if you want to.
>>
File: rescue.jpg (233 KB, 818x658) Image search: [Google]
rescue.jpg
233 KB, 818x658
>>26149286
Found three Sitrus Berries and two Life Seeds on the way there, pretty cool.
>>
>>26154636
i'm curious as to what else is on his savefile, who his partner was
>>
>>26149640
Did you even SEE Magikarp's animation in PSMD? It's priceless.
>>
File: magikarps.gif (451 KB, 500x356) Image search: [Google]
magikarps.gif
451 KB, 500x356
>>26155513
I couldn't find a gif of the animation on the internet, and I'm not inclined in making it myself, but, in case you haven't rescued him yet and can't select him in pelipper island, here's a gif to get the idea of how he moves in PSMD.
>>
>>26149640
I like Zygarde's sexy slithering, Meloetta's catwalk, and some of the confused animations.
>>
>>26150688
That's so cute! sauce?
>>
File: 4koma1.png (536 KB, 500x1600) Image search: [Google]
4koma1.png
536 KB, 500x1600
>>26156361
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=33903536 Here you go!
>>
>>26156392
Thanks!
>>
File: end of the world.png (941 KB, 714x1000) Image search: [Google]
end of the world.png
941 KB, 714x1000
>>
File: froslass.jpg (524 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
froslass.jpg
524 KB, 1000x750
>>
File: 34154695_p1_master1200.jpg (569 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
34154695_p1_master1200.jpg
569 KB, 1200x675
>>
File: Mysterious Jungle.png (796 KB, 913x1117) Image search: [Google]
Mysterious Jungle.png
796 KB, 913x1117
Has any of you ever tried PMU?
>>
>>26158426
Yes. I wouldn't recommend it, although the game has become more developed since I last played it, or so I've heard.
>>
>>26158426
No. I don't care much for online multiplayer games. I've also heard it's shit.
>>
>>26158673
There's been more content implemented in the last months but man, that place seems dead as fuck and those retarded rules don't help for shit
>>
File: image.jpg (353 KB, 1405x695) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
353 KB, 1405x695
>>26154636
Neat. Guess I'll have to finish off this dungeon for the me of the past. Here's a thank-you message.
>>26154730
I think I had Squirtle/Blastoise as a partner. I'll have to finish this dungeon to check.
Stats say I played for 108 hours with 593 adventures across 5113 floors. Seems I never recruited Celebi, Raikou, Suicune or Kyorge.
>>
>>26159071
it counts floors through playthroughs.

Also step it up, i have more time, less adventures, and all mons recruited
>>
>>26159088
I know I never did any more than the one playthrough, so those floors are all from that. Deleting a save to start again would never cross my mind back then.
>>
>>26159168
And I hope you didn't change your mind. Particularly since now making a backup is easier than it ever was.
>>
>>26159199
Of course not. I was actually thinking of backing it up the other day after I found the save still there. Once I'm out of this dungeon, I'll do just that.
>>
>>26158426
I tried it about five years ago, got stuck in a wall in someone's map, tried to make my own and then couldn't figure out how to pull up the tileset thing after closing it. It's eh.

>>26159254
Mind sharing any info on that? I dunno if it's GBA-specific or not, given Rescue, but I'd love to back up my copy of Sky somehow.
>>
>>26159608
>but I'd love to back up my copy of Sky somehow
Backing up DS games is easy if you can run homebrew on a 3DS, and most 3DS can run homebrew right now.
Though TWLSaveTool speicifically doesn't work with Sky right now and nobody seems to care.
>>
File: 1456637042961.jpg (16 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
1456637042961.jpg
16 KB, 600x549
>Hidden Cave Floor 12
>picking up Kecleon Shop items
>Braixen uses a Warp Wand from across the entire room
>"STOP THIEF!"
>Waste all my orbs getting out

FUUCK YOU
>>
>>26159683
Oh? Is there a 3DS homebrew for exporting DS saves? I have JK's savemanager for 3DS carts/downloads, but I couldn't find one that worked for DS carts.

I was just gonna use the NDS Wifi Backup tool.
>>
>>26159772
>TWLSaveTool
I should have read the post better.
>>
>>26159756
Damn, that's rough. I had a similar experience.
>enemy drops item
>pick up item at edge of mat
>right in front of room exit
>Kecleon doesn't warp to me for some reason
>walk off the mat
>"STOP! THIEF!"
I was unprepared and I wiped. I had a good laugh afterwards, though, and now I always just talk to Kecleon myself instead of waiting for him to warp to me.
>>
>>26154730
>>26159071
Looks like my partner was Pikachu/Raichu. It was only level 33 while I was 100. I must have dumped him as soon as I could.
>>
File: wooper (11).gif (7 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
wooper (11).gif
7 KB, 320x240
>>26161064
>not dumping partner and protag for bestmon
>>
The regret in my decision to not nickname anything is slowly seeping in. I can't tell the difference between my partner and this recruit.
>>
>>26147474
Thks is why i always take a grass poke for le solarbeam.
>>
Uhh this is my partner right? I seem to recall leaving them somewhere in this Friend Area
>>
File: Screenshot93-0.png (247 KB, 850x640) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot93-0.png
247 KB, 850x640
>>26159608
5 years is a long time, but the housing system where you make your own "house" is still a clusterfuck, but once you get it, it's quite fun, although like i said in the other post it's pretty much dead most of the time
>>
>>26161064
Probably because of how annoying adding it back to the team every time is
>>
>>26161664
If you can get rid of them, then they're not your partner.
>>
>>26161664
partner will have separate colors when joining the team
>>
File: ITP I trigger your partner.png (191 KB, 830x1049) Image search: [Google]
ITP I trigger your partner.png
191 KB, 830x1049
>>
>>26161931
>Partner becomes a normie shell
Will never forgive RT for this
>>
>>26161931
that's not your partner

it's your new leader
>>
Any one else hope that the next PMD game gives more variety in starters? If so, who are you hoping for?
>>
File: starters.png (238 KB, 392x336) Image search: [Google]
starters.png
238 KB, 392x336
>>26166429
pic related at the very least. How it should have been in SMD to begin with
>>
>>26166429
Pancham/Aron and Mareep is my dream team.
>>
>>26166496
Mareep for best partner
>>
>>26166477
>Pikachu AND Pichu
For what purpose?
>Pachirisu
This wouldn't have worked in Super, considering the power of the scarves.

Would they even add a starter that doesn't evolve? Did they do that before and I just don't know?
>>
>>26167764
I dunno, the maker just added every past starter, barring Marril, so it'd be a perfect square

There's no reason they shouldn't be including all past starters to begin with.
>>
>>26167809
wait, was marrill a past starter?

i thought i got all of them, i was looking on all of the wikis
>>
>>26167809
I don't know why they don't do it, but it's been like this the whole series. Explorers didn't include all of Rescue Team's starters, and the same goes for Gates from Explorers.

Super's roster was disappointing to be sure, though.
>>
>>26167821
According to someone i've talked to, Marril AND Azurill were starters in one of the Adventure Squad games. Apparently Azurill was better due to having STAB Huge Power Slam. I cannot see for myself though, i've never played them

>>26167847
Super's roster was disappointing in that it had nearly no non starter pokemon as starters. If you count pikachu as a starter because of Yellow, only Riolu is a non-starter. And then add into the fact that there are only 6 types of starter to pick from, with THREE of the types having only one pokemon in them. (Bulbasaur for Poison/Pika for electric/Riolu for fighting)
>>
>>26167868
I was going off of this page

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Mystery_Dungeon_(WiiWare)

Honestly it bothers me that memeachu gets to be a starter when pichu would make more sense, but pokemon fucking disproportionately LOVES their mascot
>>
>>26167895
Maybe it can be justified by saying it's a baby form I guess
>>
File: Let's Fly.jpg (178 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Let's Fly.jpg
178 KB, 800x600
>>
I hope they bring back the log thing in the next game. It wasn't really that important, but definitely nice.
>>
File: best pokemom cackling madly.png (18 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
best pokemom cackling madly.png
18 KB, 240x160
Thank Arceus some sort of plot started happening again, I thought I'd be exploring Buried Relic and Far-Off Sea forever.

>>26162801
>>26163451
Good to know. Not that I'll really need the/a partner anymore because I'm severely over-leveled compared to everyone else, and the less Pokemon I bring in, the more I can recruit.

>>26170531
I'd love to see it come back sort of like the Guild Cards from Etrian Odyssey/EMD.
>>
File: parasectpmd.jpg (176 KB, 700x408) Image search: [Google]
parasectpmd.jpg
176 KB, 700x408
So Mushroom, why do you call yourself Parasect instead of Mushroom typically?
>>
>People who bought the digital copy of Super Mystery Dungeon or GTI have the opportunity to restart their game and play through the story without losing their progress by backing up their save
>People who bought the hard copies get [fucking_nothing]
I
Am
So
Triggered
Right
Now

I just want to replay the story without losing my 80 hour investment.
>>
>>26172406
But that's where you're wrong, my Oran Berry friend, because you can restart in Super while keeping your save
Now you didn't hear it from me, but Nintendo hasn't patched this little exploit yet, so take advantage of it. It's super easy to do too, I reckon!
All you have to do is ________buy another copy of SMD________
Right? Now keep that on the down low, alright? Last thing we need is Nintendo patching that now!
>>
>>26172406
Just use JK's save manager.
>>
>>26172406
Yeah, that kind sucks. I don't like how PMD games don't let you have multiple saves.

But I own two hard copies cause a friend bought it for me for my birthday. They didn't know I already owed it, and I felt guilty returning it or saying anything.

So here I am playing through yet again. Charmander and Mudkip this time.
>>
By the way you can use Loadiine to run DS games in WiiU VC now. I wonder if someone tried EoS. Blue Rescue Team was officially released by Nintendo so yeah.
>>
>>26178123
>now
Actually, sorry, it's not actually something new, that's not what I actually wanted to say. It's just that right now any updated WiiU is able to do it. Note that the WiiU updates automatically: if you don't care about playing online but injecting VC, piracy, interest you, then you should keep the console offline.
>>
>>26178148
i'm gonna hedge my bets on someone finding a hack that works for every update, so that once wiiu's online doesn't work, i can hack it
>>
>>26178265
We're better off waiting for NIntendo to stop updating. We're almost there. That is, if we're not there already.
>>
>>26178311
the wiiu may not have been all it could be, but if i can get Sky running on that shit after hacks we're in business
>>
So what will be the twist in the next game?

How about you and your partner adopt a kid and raise it, but you and your partner both end up dying after the final fight, and you play the rest of the game as your kid.
>>
>>26178378
>both you and your partner die
I'd be fine with this if the save reloaded to before the fight with your progress intact, but
>playing the rest of the game as the kid
No thanks. If I start the game as "me," I don't want to end the game and continue to play the game as someone completely different.
>>
>>26178423
What if when you play as him he's the same pokemon as the one you were and has the same moves, just maybe a lower level?
>>
>>26178523
That would be strange.

>>26178423
Maybe if they're different enough it could work.
>>
>>26178378
So sort of like Dragon Quest V? I could get behind that.
>>
File: pmd1.jpg (606 KB, 1000x726) Image search: [Google]
pmd1.jpg
606 KB, 1000x726
>>
>>26179587
This looks like it was drawn by a 10-year old on deviant art.

It's super cute, I love it.
>>
>>26178329
Here's all you need.
http://pastebin.com/JUVEakdG
Well, you also need to setup the tubehax dns or keeping your WiiU offline uless you want it to update automatically I guess
Let us know if you try EoS
>>
>>26180311
I still have use for my Wiiu outside of hacking it, so i don't want to risk it right now. Maybe someone else here is willing to test it out.
>>
>>26180327
There's nothing to risk. At the moment all of this is temporary, everything goes away when you turn the console off.
>>
File: 1456429741920thumbsup.jpg (7 KB, 234x250) Image search: [Google]
1456429741920thumbsup.jpg
7 KB, 234x250
>>26179587
Not a bad picture 2bh
>>
File: unburden.png (364 KB, 280x330) Image search: [Google]
unburden.png
364 KB, 280x330
You walk into a dungeon and this guy slaps your partner in the face, what do you do? Keep in mind it's at quadruple speed and isn't holding an item.
>>
File: 1417157698278.png (3 KB, 184x172) Image search: [Google]
1417157698278.png
3 KB, 184x172
>>26180827
Escape Orb because I'm most likely a grass type and can't do shit because GF won't give grass Pokemon coverage.
>>
>>26180827
Pure seed and hope my teammates don't all die and waste all of my reviver seeds.
>>
>>26180827
paralyze/confuse it or something and attack it until it's ko, take a pic of the log and post it here while laughing
>>
>>26180827
Spurn Orb
>>
>>26180879
>Drifblim used Ominous Wind!

your reviver seeds are forfeit
>>
File: 1397841935646.jpg (286 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1397841935646.jpg
286 KB, 1024x1024
>>26180827
I whip out one of my Foe-Hold Orbs and then head for the stairs.

>inb4 but what if they're in the way
Warp Seeds.
>>
>>26180932
what if it was sandstorming/hailing? that petrify wont last long
>>
>>26180947
Sunny Orb.

Now if you're going to tell me that this thing follows me through floors then I'm going to just Escape Orb outta there.
>>
Should my partner be cool or cute? How big of a personality difference is there?
>>
>>26180827
>Quadruple speed and isn't holding an item
Switcheroo?
Trick?
Clear Smog?
Haze?
Psych Up?
Any of the numerous orbs, seeds or wands that could cripple Drifblim?
Faint Attack?
I could be a dark / steel type or something as well. It turns out that Edgelords like Bisharp are good at popping balloons.
>>
>>26181037
Are you talking about SMD?
Your partner is literally Naruto.

Pick a pokemon that looks like Naruto. I went with Tepig.
He was a faithful Tepig.
>>
>>26180827
you know, I'm not too worried, we shadow balling this bitch
nobody slaps special doggo
or Weavile, because you know.... I'm kind of enjoying her company in Sky right now
IT'S A PLATONIC RELATIONSHIP
>>
It all still hurts.
>>
File: 1462069212011.jpg (28 KB, 426x430) Image search: [Google]
1462069212011.jpg
28 KB, 426x430
>>26181074
>IT'S A PLATONIC RELATIONSHIP
Mmmmm
>>
>>26181052
Yes, first time playing SMD.
Tepig with a boisterous personality doesn't sound bad. So does the gender not matter in terms of personality or are the always Naruto?
>>
>>26181098
The gender does not change the personality. At all
They don't even mention your partners gender. At all
The Cute/Cool choice is redundant
>>
>>26181096
I-I swear it
we only cuddle every night
f-for warmth
>>
>>26181098
It doesn't matter.
Also if you're playing the European version they fucked up, they took three months for no reason and didn't even think about making the dialogues different. So they just forced it to be female regardless of what you choose. Even if you play in English. Which means Europeans had to wait 3 months to get less.
I don't actually care about this gender thing, but it, along with the regionlocked codes, made the European release really disappointing to me.
>>
File: 1334374rusimglemastr.jpg (86 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1334374rusimglemastr.jpg
86 KB, 300x300
>>26181125
>Weavile
>Needing warmth
Caught red-handed
>>
File: 1448584702325.png (57 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
1448584702325.png
57 KB, 450x338
>>26181145
I mean, s-she's obviously very cold, you know? n-not all Ice types are actually cold.. right?
>>
>>26181165
How do you know it's a girl anon?

You could be gay,
>>
>tfw your favorite pokemon will never be the guildmaster again
>>
>>26181184
I know because
she was edited from the beginning
>>
File: Unamused.jpg (24 KB, 401x300) Image search: [Google]
Unamused.jpg
24 KB, 401x300
>>26181165
So, you just 'warm her up'
By totally, platonically cuddling
>>
>>26181125
Why would you cuddle an ice type for warmth?

Discrepancy Detected.
>>
>>26181249
t-there's no blankets, totally necessary
>>26181270
you don't know, she's not like other ice types, like Glalie, ice is just a sub type, i-i don't see any ice on her, so..
>>
File: Hmm.png (51 KB, 452x334) Image search: [Google]
Hmm.png
51 KB, 452x334
>>26181293
So, you just, snuggle right next to her
Or even more than that. Up close and personal. Holding her in your arms, platonically of course
And what if your eyes meet. If you stare into those soft yet icy gaze of hers. Feeling her cold aura on you while she feels you getting hotter and hotter
And her breathing. surely her being so close you can feel her breathing on you

What then?
>>
>>26181293
>he doesn't pack blankets

you have to be prepared for everything, anon.
>>
File: 1455045198821.gif (42 KB, 225x200) Image search: [Google]
1455045198821.gif
42 KB, 225x200
>>26181324
well uhh... well it, hasn't happened yet, so...
>>
File: I see.png (48 KB, 449x336) Image search: [Google]
I see.png
48 KB, 449x336
>>26181359
But what if, anon?
What if you're just leaning against a tree, with your Weavile sitting on your lap, watching the stars above and you glance down to notice that she's not looking at the stars, but at you?
Or what if you're 'cuddling' and she pulls your closer for warmth, burying her face into your chest or your neck? Feeling her so close to you that you can feel her heart quicken.

Or is that yours?
>>
>>26181415
hopefully, she notices the spike on his chest.
>>
>>26181427
Might not be the only spike she notices, if you catch my drift
I'm talking about his other spike
His lower spike
I'm talking about his
>>
>>26181415
a-anon, what are you implying?
>>26181427
actually, I always thought it to be just cosmetic, unless you actually TRY to hurt someone with it
>>26181443
I have totally no idea what you're talking about...
>>
File: Sip.jpg (31 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
Sip.jpg
31 KB, 400x299
>>26181457
I'm not implying anything
I'm just asking an honest question
Or questions
>>
>>26181471
well.... I would.... if she's awake, ask her if she's ok, or if anything's bothering her...and would probably go back to sleep, if things go well..
speaking of sleep, I actually need to go
Yes, I am a fucking faggot who has a job
How dare I have a life
>>
File: I understand.png (40 KB, 449x338) Image search: [Google]
I understand.png
40 KB, 449x338
>>26181531
Yes, anon. Get some sleep. everyone needs to sleep once in a while
Sweet dreams.
It's no problem, Anon
>>
>>26181541
y-you too
>>
>>26181128
>So they just forced it to be female regardless of what you choose.
I was under the impression that it was gender neutral?
>>
File: isaac and garet.png (1 MB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
isaac and garet.png
1 MB, 1080x1080
>>
>>26181693
>Brave bara explorer and his twink Riolu
Noice.
>>
>Mewtwo descends into the fight in the same way they do in Super
Maybe I'm looking too deeply into it, but that's a pretty cool detail.
>>
>>26182551
>They edited rescue team to match the cinematics of Super
That's a pretty cool thing for them to do, I'm surprised they had the hindsight
>>
File: 1428622931749.jpg (33 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1428622931749.jpg
33 KB, 600x600
>>26182742
>
You know what I mean.
>>
>>26183135
The joke here is that I'm interpreting what you said as the exact opposite of what you meant.
>>
>>26183400
You weren't serious?

...Oh.
>>
>>26166477
Meowth was one of the administrator of that movie thing, otherwise yeah i would pretty much die for having the Munchlax Phanpy combo
You're still missing some gen 6 pokes though, Helioptile, Phanpump and Flabebe would have been cool to have
>>
>>26181689
The dialogue is gender neutral only if you play in English. The French, German, Italian and Spanish translations don't even attempt to hide it (well, it wouldn't have been easy at all)
>>
So the next step after multiple continents is multiple planets, right?
>>
>>26185811
>Super Pokemon Galaxy: Mystery Dungeon
>>
>>26185811
multiple timelines? multiple universes?
>>
>>26187327
Multiple MC believing to be the real hero
>>
>>26187783
>you're not the hero
>>
>>26187829
>the guildmaster is bad and also the true hero
>>
>>26187849
I was thinking about it, and to me a bizarro world would be much more unsettling than hell.

Nice people are now bullies, thieves are helping citizens, the main organization is a crime syndicate with the town under its thumb. It would make for a great hour or so of the game.
>>
A few weeks back I posted a halfassed midi arrangement of temporal tower. I've worked on it a bit since then, but it's still in a really rough state.
r8
https://clyp.it/qnzleref
>>
>>26188330
It's nice. I guess I was expecting the leading part to sound, huh, "stronger"? Is that something you need to work on?
>>
So what's your favorite sad moment in the series?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mA2kwL09Jc
STOP IT JUNIOR
STOP IT RIGHT NOW
>>
>>26188782
Delete this.
>>
>>26188782
what the fuck
>>
>>26188782
why

>these comments
why
>>
File: 1367284689563.jpg (87 KB, 423x292) Image search: [Google]
1367284689563.jpg
87 KB, 423x292
>>26188782
>all of those related videos
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 640x496) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 640x496
>>26188782
My god
>>
>>26188782
I feel ashamed to fart now.
>>
File: 1461714646621.jpg (162 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461714646621.jpg
162 KB, 1280x720
>>26188782
Fucking why
>>
Can someone inform me what the Speed stat actually does in SMD?
>>
>>26189191
accuracy

read the fuckin manual in the home menu
>>
>>26189191
>>26189204
it's dumb that it's there with that name by the way, it makes no sense
>>
>>26189221
if you're faster you can attack the enemy with higher speed, making it hard for the enemy to dodge it
>>
>>26189239
yeah but that's not all speed is about, and we already have something called speed.
>>
>>26189259
>we already have something called speed

technically it's travel speed
>>
>>26189273
Not that it matters. I just don't see the point of the Speed stat.
>>
File: PTSD intensifies.png (18 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
PTSD intensifies.png
18 KB, 240x160
How would you change Aegis Cave into a less tedious experience without removing the core gimmick?
>>
>>26188782
I hate it.
>>
>>26190520
Put some Itemizer Orbs here and there and make Unowns have higher chances of becoming their rock.
>>
>>26190520
make Unown Stones you need to drop, drop at a 100% rate from the corresponding Unown
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CbAGvTgO2Q
>the last part
you now know where the items you randomly find in towns open dungeons are from :^)
>>
>>26190770
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LleEAhm8efY
lmao
>>
>>26190821
Looks like time really is money after all.
>>
Just finished SMD, bought in day of launch. I take my time with these kinds of games because I don't like burning out. I FUCKING CRIED AT THE END, cliche story that still hit me hard.
>>
File: CHERISH HER.png (680 KB, 976x1102) Image search: [Google]
CHERISH HER.png
680 KB, 976x1102
>>26191084
Hey man, I can respect that. It's definitely something I should do.

If you don't mind being interviewed, looking at the game as a whole, did you like it? Did the good outweigh the bad? What's your experience with the past games? How do you feel about pic related?
>>
File: fborPOh.png (1 KB, 226x143) Image search: [Google]
fborPOh.png
1 KB, 226x143
>>26190821
Did...did they just turn their partner into an apple, step on a trap and turn it into a Muk, then have it join the team?

How? How is that possible?!
>>
>>26191144
Thanks! I've always been a mellow person with games (for the most part!)
I did like it! The story was pretty... plain at first but it picked up, when it got towards the end I just couldn't stop playing it! I'm not too nitpicky when it comes to games but I did feel like I relied too much on items but I've learned that, that's the main idea of these types of games; using all of your items to their max potential. I played Ex. Of the Sky, I thought their stories had a very similar build up.
The scarves or Fennekin?
>>
>>26191978
Not that anon, but what did you think about Sky?

As someone that has that as probably their favorite game, I'd like to know your opinion on it.
>>
File: 1451266277481.jpg (619 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
1451266277481.jpg
619 KB, 1000x700
>>26191978
He definitely meant the Fennekin, judging from the filename

It's also an excuse for me to shill Ears again

http://pastebin.com/LvRytq80
>>
>>26190770
>even has a specific death message

That's got to be the most situational game over I have ever seen. It's possible to do it on accident, but the chances are extremely low for that fuckup to even happen accidentally.
>>
>>26191989
I'd be delighted to share my thoughts on Sky, thank you!
The characters that are a part of the Expedition Society are much more memorable, not just the few "main" members. The twist (ohhhh, you know the one) that twist REALLY surprised me, I remember saying something out loud that's how great that plot was. I remember being so invested into the story that my usual mellow playstyle of usually half an hour to one hour turned into 2-4 hour sessions, that plot picked up a lot sooner and I don't recall it losing me at all.
>>
>>26192004
Is this a Fennekin fanfiction?

Is this a Fennekin fanfiction WITHOUT smut?!
>>
File: 1451451314655.png (346 KB, 1000x1125) Image search: [Google]
1451451314655.png
346 KB, 1000x1125
>>26192134
70k words without smut, yes.
Though I'll probably make one in the future just because I haven't in a while.
>>
>>26192153
>fanfic
>hold the smut
This is like ordering a burger with no onions. What's the point?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 90

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.