[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sage Sunday: We Promise We're Working Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 24
File: new MC confirmed.png (132 KB, 412x428) Image search: [Google]
new MC confirmed.png
132 KB, 412x428
VPMAGG: Sage Wiki: http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/CAPX_Wiki
Sagedown Server: http://viipii dotcrabdance dot com (With new and improved WORKING teambuilder!)

Quick FAQ:
Q: When’s the next demo?
A: Soon. We don’t give out deadline dates.

Q: Where’s the fairies and the megas?
A: Not in the game.

Q: Can we change x-Pokemon’s design?
A: No.

We’re back again with all of this week’s updates from Project VPMAGG aka Pokemon Sage! For those that have missed out on the previous threads, the idea behind Sage Sunday is to give proper updates to the anons who worked on the game or were interested in playing the game by releasing weekly threads that showcase all the development for the game in the previous week and by taking feedback, criticism, suggestions and questions from the community. Here’s what’s on the slate for this week:

We're still chugging along. We've moved a few maps out of final review hell and are currently surveying dialogue for them. Dialogue is making good headway. We've narrowed the Eronze Admin designs down to three, and will move onto runoffs from there. With the 2.0-accessible parts of Starry Cave being mapped, we can finally say that ALL exterior MAPPING FOR 2.0 IS CONFIRMED. The only things left are Dronia and Andante gyms, as well as a few more building interiors.

Tl;dr
- Eronze admin survey runoffs
- Distro work
- So much dialogue
- Music batch 3 runoffs (see last thread for details) end 5/3
- We're working hard I promise ;_;
>>
File: winnerfemeronze.jpg (725 KB, 2526x3835) Image search: [Google]
winnerfemeronze.jpg
725 KB, 2526x3835
1/3
>>
stop misusing spoiler tags you faggot
>>
File: maleadmin1.png (568 KB, 1523x1623) Image search: [Google]
maleadmin1.png
568 KB, 1523x1623
2/3
>>
Threadly reminder that Magnitogre is a lumpy eyesore, but the devs are too lazy to fix it. Why spend any effort on anything, right?
>>
File: maleadmin2.png (770 KB, 2742x2632) Image search: [Google]
maleadmin2.png
770 KB, 2742x2632
3/3

These three designs will go into final runoffs
>>
>>26130027
>fucking everyone must have short capes and ponchos: the game.
>>
File: starry cave.png (143 KB, 1632x768) Image search: [Google]
starry cave.png
143 KB, 1632x768
finalized 2.0-accessible maps for Starry Cave (TILES SUBJECT TO CHANGE IN LATER VERSIONS)
>>
shitpost away

looks like some guys already got a head start
>>
>>26130046
style
>>
>>26130046
That's the core design feature of the ETL, you absolute retard.
>>
>>26130058
Constrictive criticism is Shitposting? That's Sage for ya. Nothing makes them more butthurt than feedback.
>>
>>26130081
You really don't seem to understand what that term means. "Constructive criticism" is when a person provides relevant, specific, and reasoned criticisms of another's work in a friendly tone instead of an oppositional one. It is also characterized by providing guidance for alternatives, or ideas about solutions to perceived problems. Once again:
1) reasoned points
2) non-oppositional framework
3) solutions/alternatives

Faggot, you aren't even managing the "criticism" part, let alone the "constructive."
>>
>>26130081
The last time someone gave me constructive criticism on Sage stuff, I had to be institutionalized. Please stop with your hurtful words.
>>
Why are all the bad guys dark skinned?
>>
>>26130112
Everyone's dark skinned. Have you not looked at the Nurses in the Pokemon Center? they're evil too
>>
>>26130109
Demonstrated here: butthurt, and blind rage at the very mention of effort and having to listen to other people. Sage in a nutshell. What's even the point of these threads? This happens every time someone says anything that's not just "good job".
>>
If I have unnecessary concerns that have already been addressed by them being outvoted or I'm just a salty rando, should I voice my non-issues in this thread or just kill myself to save time?
>>
>>26130173
You should mention your concerns in this thread, repeatedly and obnoxiously.
>>26130165
>What's the point of these threads?
They get to bump limit usually, so someone wants them. We're not entirely sure who.
>>
>>26130112
The good guys are dark skinned too. Everyone's a spic.

>>26130081
Dog have you seen Sage Sunday threads? 50% is shitposting.
>>
Thats why you left /vp/ in the first place, anyway. Pretending that the polls and the input of the public mattered at all just became too much of a bother, and hearing other people's opinions hurt your widdle feelings. Boohoo. What's even the point of coming back to shitpost about your circle jerk here once a week, OP?
>>
>>26130262
>What's even the point of coming back to shitpost about your circle jerk here once a week, OP?
people asked for it.
>>
>>26130262
Smokey is a masochist and likes people telling him off. Hoo boy, it gets his rocks off in a way that nothing else can.
>>
>>26130007
Pueblant when?
>>
>>26130295
near desert
>>
Really wish this guy: >>26130040 had this guy's >>26130027 beard, would be the perfect Eronze admin.
>>
>>26130165
>MAGNITOGRE IS FUCKING SHIT
Sorry anon, the design is already voted in. New sugis are always a possibility though! He might look better in a new angle or position, you never know. Thanks for the concern!
>NO HE FUCKING SUCKS CULL HIM I AM SO FUCKING ANGRY
Please stop shitposting anon, we'd really just like to discuss the progress of the game. New sugis and sprites for mons that we don't think look terrible as they are aren't high in priority
>SHITPOSTING?? IM NOT SHITPOSTING THIS IS FUCKING CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM STOP BEING BUTHURT SAGEFAGS WHY DO YOU EVEN DO THIS THREAD
Man, this Magnitogre Hater guy really is obnoxious
>LOL LOOK AT THIS BUTTHURT SAGE FAG FUCK THIS PROJECT

Every single thread, without fail. Magnitogre hater, surely you have a family or a job or something to keep you preoccupied besides your sheer, burning hatred for poor ol' Magnitogre? Your loved ones miss you.
>>
>>26130332

Who even dislikes Magnitogre?
He's like sage's Snorlax, you just cant help but to love the goofy bastard.
>>
Magnitogre is cute
>>
File: Maleronze Beard.png (617 KB, 2742x2632) Image search: [Google]
Maleronze Beard.png
617 KB, 2742x2632
>>26130329
20 seconds in mspaint.

Not hating it at all.
>>
>>26130382

Oh yeah baby, that's the stuff right there.
>>
>>26130018
best eronze admin, coming through
>>
File: black mouth.png (508 KB, 630x897) Image search: [Google]
black mouth.png
508 KB, 630x897
Dumping some Erace-Admin designs that were made lately.
>>
File: mad.png (142 KB, 472x882) Image search: [Google]
mad.png
142 KB, 472x882
>>26130440
>>
File: Erace Admin.png (2 MB, 1307x3255) Image search: [Google]
Erace Admin.png
2 MB, 1307x3255
>>26130449
>>
File: StarLordRef.jpg (448 KB, 1362x1000) Image search: [Google]
StarLordRef.jpg
448 KB, 1362x1000
>>26130440

Why hello there Peter Quill.
>>
File: Banana.png (2 MB, 1307x3255) Image search: [Google]
Banana.png
2 MB, 1307x3255
>>26130461
Shorter boots version, with an addition of "electric" blue hair.
>>
File: Heads.png (2 MB, 1539x1600) Image search: [Google]
Heads.png
2 MB, 1539x1600
>>26130469
Lastly, all the variations for the design of the head.
>>
>>26130461
is this a pokemon game or a daft punk game
>>
>>26130319
But it evolves at 18
>>
File: XY_Essentia.png (40 KB, 143x218) Image search: [Google]
XY_Essentia.png
40 KB, 143x218
>>26130511
It's not like it hasn't been done before.

dem hips
>>
File: Pokemon Sage 1.6.png (148 KB, 1036x800) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Sage 1.6.png
148 KB, 1036x800
Oh, yeah, we've been running playtests too.
>>
>>26130440
Revan mask the daft punk admin
>>
File: Approaching dog.jpg (23 KB, 385x384) Image search: [Google]
Approaching dog.jpg
23 KB, 385x384
>>26130557
>revan
>>
>>26130544

Them shadow effects look really nice.
I assume they don't move but it'd be amazing to see the shadows of the leaves rustle in the wind every once in awhile.
>>
>>26130544
nice mixels
>>
>>26130588
>not liking revan
>not liking KOTOR
Shit taste detected, kill yourself please
>>
File: Ancient Shiggy.png (504 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Ancient Shiggy.png
504 KB, 500x500
>>26130839
What I meant was, How does it even look like Revan?
>>
>>26130007
So what would you say is the most popular Sage mon ? I need to know for reasons.
>>
>>26130966

If you mean for people outside of the project then probably the Aguade family, but for people who have worked on the project then probably Doppole.
>>
>>26130966
ragnarow is maybe the most well known
>>
>>26130856
It doesnt, I'm saying make it look like Revan's mask
>>
>>26130966
foliat, easily
>>
>>26130007
>distro work
What distros do you still have to do?
>>
>>26131635
Not much at all. Finish off Routes 7 and 9, do a bit more for Route 10, get the Grunts in the Scrapyard squared away, and then wait for finalized gym layouts to get those teams done.
>>
>>26131655
Why aren't gym layouts done? It's the one map where everyone called it magma and then some iteration of TUBES. And can't you guys just make a bunch of teams on the fly as you go?
>>
>>26131682
Tops is working on a version that shows more of the forge and less of a giant lava pit.
The Water Gym is currently a series of tubes and elevators, and someone's gotta translate it into RPG Maker.

We need the layouts to pick the trainers; you could just come up with some random generics, I suppose, but that's more work for no real gain. It's not like the layout will be implemented the second it's finished - programming is still implementing shit.
>>
This is a heads-up for you guys that you have an impending problem regarding headcanons for distros.

Taomarin evolves at 40
Totter evolves at 24
Craliber evolves at 23
Sedirrot evolves at 29
Phlask evolves at 22
Pottle evolves at 27
Pueblant evolves at 18
Cobrascet evolves at 27
Ignishell evolves at 30
Desoula evolves at 28
Chihaha evolves at 25
Toxito evolves at 24
Orett evolves at 25
Chayan evolves at 25
Parapy evolves at 26
Chimpoca evolves at 25
Enigmite evolves at 28
Wispern evolves at 32
Gilla evolves at 27
Bazilisk evolves at 27
Icetope evolves at 32
Wendingo evolves at 35
Luchito evolves at 36

Based on past conversations and past sage sundays, you guys seem pretty dedicated to putting certain pokemon in certain places so I went and made a list of pokemon that will be evolving relatively soon or should have evolved based on the distros for routes that you have already wiki'd. I threw a few late game mons in there as well considering that based on level curves, you'll have to get creative with them, but these are pokemon you will need to distribute in your routes in the next demo or the following routes or you'll have to change the evo level, tinker with the stats, and make some hotfixes to the level-up movesets.

Seeing as how it might just be easier to not put Pawter on 17 routes, some of these things should be pretty easy to change. Others will require you to drop some headcanon and distribute them, but there are a few that you will likely have to mess around with, and by you I mean 2 or 3 people who know what they're doing and 6 people who haven't played since gen4.

Please address these things, thank you.
>>
File: Ree Chain of Memories.png (531 KB, 634x427) Image search: [Google]
Ree Chain of Memories.png
531 KB, 634x427
>>26131682
>TUBES

>>26131751
Evo levels will be adjusted as time goes on.
>>
>>26131751
Taomarin and Craliber are already in the next demo.
>>
>>26131765
Ok, except I am literally telling you that you need to adjust some of these now and not as time goes on.

Pueblant evolves at level 18.

Take a gander at Route 10, wild pokemon are appearing in the low 20s.

This isn't something you can just put under the carpet, this is something you lot need to address now while you're still doing distributions.

For example, route 10, get rid of pebblosa in the rock smash rock alongside rocano and make that orett. Orett eats rocks and shit, so have it appear there. Suddenly, one less mon to worry about and have to rebalance. Plus, you already have to do shit for it for this demo, so no additional work.

Another idea, have Chimpoca appear in that route too. It's a tropical route by your own admission and it might do some good to have a bunch of fighting types appear before Shadini.

Toxito could easily go on Route 9, especially if it's rainy and near some wetlands.

Phlask could appear at night at the Abandoned Observatory. If you want to have fun, have it and Squink be wild mons found in the Dronia Sewers.

Replace Pawter on Route 9 and 10 with Totter or put it at the same levels as Ignishell.

Make Parapy a good rod mon like Craliber.

Again, you have options, just need to look outside of your headcanons and keep that list in mind.

>>26131831
And Taomarin evolves at level 40 yet it appears a great deal of times and might be better replaced with another mon that might fit in those areas.
>>
>>26131867
>Ok, except I am literally telling you that you need to adjust some of these now and not as time goes on.
I don't see why this is urgent, but hell, it's not my department so I'll step out of it.
>>
>>26131867
>You need to adjust evo levels now
We're still toying with level scaling. Your ideas aren't bad but treating the movesets and evo levels, which were both produced in a vacuum, as immutable is silly.
>>
>>26131898
It's urgent because you're doing distributions for routes that these pokemon could appear on. If not these impending routes, then for the sake of finding prevos in the wild before they would normally evolve, they would have to go on the immediate next routes. Which would be the route under the cycling road and the route west of Vivace. That's a swampy area and a grassland area.

After that, you are fully confirmed to having to change those mons levels, moveset order, and in some cases, stats.

It's urgent because you can save yourselves some work now. Otherwise, you're going to have to get creative with how some pokemon are given out.

You might get away with gifting some pokemon early, hell, that could be Chayan right there, but again, it's urgent because you haven't finalized distributions yet.

It's also urgent because you guys really haven't addressed this as a project aside from dismissing it or sticking to headcanons. Which is fine, but you can only bury your heads in the sand for so long before you need to address it seriously.

Because best case scenario, the Staccato Badlands are high-20s and low-30s for levels and that's assuming you surf to Staccato and don't travel from Route 12 to Staccato by way of counter-clockwise movement.

>>26131953
I'm not saying they're immutable, simply that you've reached a point where you need to make a decision whether to change them or not. And given that you already have a lot of things on your plate, I'm simply suggesting an option that you can take.

Tl;dr
Either say you will change those things, or distribute them.
>>
>>26131984
"We will change those things when level scaling is more refined."
>>
>>26130382
He just looks like every other Hotblooded Shonen Character ever. It's dumb and you're dumb.
>>
>>26131998
So no changes?
Awesome.

Fantastic.
>>
>>26132054
I'm here for you, friend. Let it all out.
>>
>>26131867
>orett that early
Hahahahahah
>chimpoca in palm trees
Huehuehue
>Toxito on route 9
Well, I actually agree with you there. Couldn't get the shit taste cabal to move on that one
>Phlask outside of the Observatory
Hohohoho
>Otters no where near a river
Chuckled
>Parapy on good Rod
Yep, got me again. Blame the STC
>>
>>26131060
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>26132087
Parapy is on the Good Rod, anon. It just doesn't show up early game.
>>
>>26132070
I tried to link to an article about the effects of lamotrigine in treating autism but it's behind a paywall and sci-hub is down. So just know that lamotrigine is worthless compared to placebo in treating autism.

>>26132087
It evolves at 25, so if you are unwilling to make it appear early, you need to change the level it evolves at. You can't talk game balance when you put Solacari that early in the game after access to sunnybunny anyways.

Plus what's wrong with finding chimpoca that early on? It's clearly a monkey and could fit in a tropical area.

And Phlask evolves at 22, so you would have to fix that as well.

>Otters nowhere near a river
So put them on a river route and enjoy your 4 other routes with Pawter

>>26132128
And that's a problem if it evolves at 26 if it's found in the late game.
>>
>>26132113

What are you reacting to bro?
>>
>>26132174
I'd go and edit every wiki page to say "Evo levels undecided" but that's a waste of effort.
All evo levels on the wiki are placeholders. : )
>>
>>26132317
So then work on them
>>
>>26132253
Those are just my absolute least favorite mons. And anyway, Cubzero is way more popular with the fanart crowd.
>>
>>26132331
Ok
>>
>>26132331
I don't think you understand. We can't adjust evo levels just yet because we haven't decided where everything goes.
For that we first need map and map concepts so we can decide which mons fit there the best, as well as spreading out mons so we don't introduce too many at once.

If you start deciding evo levels without any information you get... Well, what we have now.
>>
File: urobos biomes.png (479 KB, 2077x1392) Image search: [Google]
urobos biomes.png
479 KB, 2077x1392
>>26132375
Map concepts should be done beforehand, otherwise you end up with Route 9 that looks like a mess.

And even then, I just gave you a list of a bunch of mons that have impending evolution levels, you should be able to tell me which of those mons will definitely need to be tinkered with and which can be distributed or worked with.

You have biomes for the routes, look at pic related.

You mean to tell me that a glance at this doesn't give you an idea of what can go where when coupled with the concepts of the pokemon?
>>
>>26132424
All mons need to be tinkered with.
>>
This will be an amazing full fangame of Pokemon to ever graced us. Can't wait. Cause you guys really focus on the details and quality.
>>
>>26130048
I was promised a dark lake deep in the cave, which would reflect the starry ceiling above. It was supposed to be unprecedented and epic

wtf is this GF-tier kiddy shit
>>
>>26132464
not the full cave
>>
>>26132464
That's apparently only some early areas
>>
Woah, I haven't been up-to-date with this /vp/ fangame since ever. And from the looks of it, each of the golems will have a set of admins (3 of them)?

The enemies will be plentiful, can't wait!
>>
>>26130544
OH MY GOD. It's so pretty. So a playtest means the game is nearly done? ETA?
>>
>>26132424
>otherwise you end up with Route 9 that looks like a mess.
Route 9 had nothing to do with planning ahead, or lack thereof. It was, simply put, the fact that we couldn't agree on ideas for it.

>You have biomes for the routes, look at pic related.
>You mean to tell me that a glance at this doesn't give you an idea of what can go where when coupled with the concepts of the pokemon?

No. Biomes are too vague. Route concepts are more nuanced.
Think of it like there's two levels to it.

Take Compare Routes 3, 4 and 7. They all share the Grassland/Hills biome despite all having wildly different concepts. The Pokemon distributions they all have are not interchangable because of this.
>>
File: flag.png (518 B, 35x24) Image search: [Google]
flag.png
518 B, 35x24
>>26132455
Is this a set-up?
>>
>>26132509
Sometime between ever and never
>>
>>26132518
I was being honest.
>>
>>26132509
Less development time than Duke Nukem Forever probably.
>>
>>26132516
>The Pokemon distributions they all have are not interchangable because of this.
You sure bout that?

The distributions you do have a fairly interchangeable.
>>
>>26132464
There's gonna be more to the cave, don't worry.
Unfortunately plotfags kinda saddled us with some dumb event that has you going through a small section of what was supposed to be an optional Starry Cave.

The reflective water is going to be there, don't worry.

>>26132509
>ETA?
lolno
>>
>>26132521
Shit, man.
>>
>>26132523
Then, thank you, sweet anon. Maybe I'm too used to getting empty praise from normies and total scorn from 4chan.
>>
>>26132534
It's all about the best fit, my man.

Cold area mons like Capig and Bluffin aren't going to fit on the totally temperate Routes 4 and 7 but work fine in the transitional Route 3.

Route 4 is a big flowery field with a large source of water, it's going to have a larger concentration of Growmeos, Tulieps and Flowgers and Alpints. Route 7 is drier and deforested. They're not going to fit so well there.

They're not interchangable. It's more nuanced than just saying "well they're grasslands, just put some field critters there"
>>
>>26132536
>>26132483
>>26132480
Well that's good to hear. I only shitpost because I care <3
>>
>>26132586
If Route 7 is drier, then why is Pawter there?

And if people want Totter on a route with a river, then why not Route 4 which has a massive river?
>>
>>26132174
what's the problem with distros? Pokemon like Toxito were created to appear on every route 80% of the time regardless

seems like a non-issue desu, for example pokemon like Rhyhorn in Kanto show up mid-late game and evolve at level 42 iirc, but when you find it in the safari zone it'sin its mid 30s already. Meanwhile you have mons like Bagon, Beldum and Aerodactyl that show late-to-post game that are woefully and annoyingly underlevelled. This is a total non-issue, just as it has been for literally the last 20 years
>>
>>26132807
The problem is that Toxito evolves at 24 but hasn't appeared in game yet despite Route 10 pokemon appearing from levels 19-22.

Also, bagon and beldum are psuedo's, so that makes sense to find them underleveled, same with the fossils always appearing underleveled.

The problem is that Sage is not doing the things you talked about.
>>
>>26132853
>The problem is that Toxito evolves at 24 but hasn't appeared in game yet despite Route 10 pokemon appearing from levels 19-22.
It's like it's evolution level is going to change or something.
>>
>>26132853
"evolves at 24" is totally meaningless. It's a placeholder. It means nothing, and there is absolutely zero barrier to changing it. I could change it right now in the wiki to "evolves at 99" and it's exactly as important.
>>
>>26132870
>>26132872
Then change them. Stop saying you'll do it and do it.
>>
>>26132793
It's drier but not completely dry. It's more of a field mon than an aquatic one anyway.

There were better fits for R4 and we don't want to introduce ~everything~ at once. Gotta space it out a bit.

>And if people want Totter on a route with a river, then why not Route 4 which has a massive river?
There will be other places with rivers.
>>
>>26132888
>>26132872
if you're updating the wiki then make sure you add Garntea, Goraurum and Chimcholio, i can't find pages for them anywhere
>>
>>26132888
Nice trips, but why would we change it now instead of just changing it later when we actually know exactly what levels it will be appearing at.

>>26132793
Pawter is there because it's an urban mon. By popular demand, Totter seems like it's going to be a freshwater surfing mon.
>>
>>26132888
And now we're back to >>26132516
We haven't decided exactly where it goes, so anything we change it to will be as arbitrary as the number it has now.

You're arguing in circles.
>>
Post mon nickname ideas.
>>
>>26132888
There's no point in doing it until after they're distributed. And they won't be distributed until the map is designed. And the map won't be designed until it's sequential order in demo development.

You're jumping the gun, you flaming imbecile.
>>
>>26132908
I pointed to the wrong post, whoops. Should be 2 posts earlier in the reply chain. >>26132375
>>
>>26132894
>don't want to introduce ~everything~ at once
That argument is the biggest crock of shit in the entire world. That's the convenient argument for anything that isn't the desert or the jungle, because god forbid the idiots who run the STC have the intelligence to realize what utter hypocrites they are when you want to distribute 25% of the dex between the desert and the 3 jungle routes.

>>26132906
>>26132908
>>26132924
Which means that everything is dependent on you lot who handle maps actually working. Which, considering we've been waiting here on /vp/ for maps for a couple of months now, means that another thing is predicated upon a one track frame of mind.

You mean to tell me, that you people cannot think for the life of you what Route 11 is going to be like because you haven't sat down in a skype group to spitball ideas and that you all lack the creativity or mental stamina to be able to handle more than one thing at once? Because if that's the case, then who is really the imbecile?

I'm not going to argue this anymore because my original intent was to point out to you lot that you have an issue to handle and you might be able to avoid some extra work if you do things now. Sorry for arguing in your thread, probably a waste of time now that I think about it if >>26132087 has any weight behind it.
>>
>>26133025
We work on maps and distros every day. Fuck off, Dunky. Your tiny dick is only rivaled in diminutiveness with your understanding.
>>
>>26133078
>we work on maps every day
>exteriors all completed
>interiors remaining
There are two people in the history of forever who have ever bothered to map interiors and you are neither. So you're at least 50% full of shit that you work on maps every day.

I mean, it's right there in the OP and everyone knows that it's 3tops and Quality Bro mapping interiors.
>>
>>26133025
>That argument is the biggest crock of shit in the entire world. T
No, it really isn't. Pace out reveals over time so the player doesn't see 90% of the dex 25% of the way in. Just because something can go there, doesn't mean it should.

>That second paragraph of vomit
You know the people in this project work on many things right? Nobody's 100% devoted to mapping.
At the moment people are focused on playtesting. Our bug report document has seventeen pages right now, and you gotta comb through that shit thoroughly.

You don't think we've spitballed ideas? Of fucking course we have. Hell, route 12 has a full map made for it (the first contender of many to come). We haven't made concrete decisions yet because there are other, higher priority issues to tackle.
>>
>>26133154
Leda does them too. Tops just makes the tiles, but not the maps themselves.

Maps aren't being heavily worked on right now because it's now a low priority area. Interiors are getting slowly filled up.

Distros are indeed being worked on every day.
>>
>>26133198
Read >>26131734
So which is it? Does Tops make the tiles and not the maps or does he do both?

Figure it out.
>>
>>26133228
Tops makes tiles and sometimes mockups, but doesnt have rpg maker to actually make the maps.
>>
>>26130544
Isn't the resolution incorrect? I thought everything was 256x192 and just scaled up to 200 or 300 percent?
>>
>>26133228
You need to see a therapist. We're worried about you.
>>
>>26133297
It is, lol. I play on XL.
>>
>>26133314
I'm not talking about your window, I mean the shadows are more high-def than the environment.
>>
>>26133366
That's a mistake on Pawter's behalf. Already mentioned it to her.
>>
>>26130544
Sage has no plans for following Pokemon, correct?
Because that minisprite is cute.
>>
>>26133457
We have plans to make all Pokemon in the game have a following sprite. Battle sprites are taking priority though.
>>
>>26133457

Sage has following pokemon in the current demo even.
>>
>>26133484
Awesome, thank fucking goodness. Can't wait to get the little cerberus one following me along.
Do you still have a skype group for all the stuff that goes on? Wonder if I could lurk just to see how everything goes on, since the only thing I've ever worked with is RPGMaker, and game creation always gets me inspired.
>>
>>26133527
I don't think entry into the group is barred or anything, there's several dozen people in the main channel.
>>
>>26133527
Give us your skype handle, friend.
>>
>>26133527
Sure, if you want to join, add eldestearth on skype
>>
>>26133567
Is there any safe way to send it? Scared of posting something like that on /vp/
>>
>>26133586
see>>26133576
>>
>>26133586
>scared of posting something like that on /vp/
What are you, 15?
>>
File: 59.jpg (40 KB, 240x294) Image search: [Google]
59.jpg
40 KB, 240x294
>>26133699
Great way to get dosed.
>>
>>26133832

Did you learn about 4chan from Fox News or something?
>>
Am I allowed to use transparency when making move animations?
>>
>>26134006
yes
>>
So, say I'm a fat, raging sociopath who happens to have a hard-on for distro work and the evo levels of mons.

Say I also quit the project and have been throwing dodgeballs and kicking sand during Sage Sunday for many weeks.

Basically, I'm asking if you guys can help fix my ED. Any advice?
>>
File: 624.jpg (40 KB, 180x424) Image search: [Google]
624.jpg
40 KB, 180x424
>>26134326
Stay as far away from Sage as possible. Its clearly a cause of great stress.
>>
>>26130477
>>26130469
>>26130449
>>26130440
this shit is awful in both taste and execution
>>
>>26134326
Lose weight, do more cardio exercises, talk to your doctor about getting on some sildenafil, maybe not be prescribed paroxetine or escitalopram. Consider bupropion, sildenafil, tadalafil, or just lose weight.
>>
>>26130007
>we can finally say that ALL exterior MAPPING FOR 2.0 IS CONFIRMED

can you post the finalised half swampy mangrove route that needed fixing? L shaped between a grassy and a full swamp iirc.
>>
>>26134495
Seconded. Give the 95% approval route.
>>
>>26134495
I don't know if I should anon. The image has a bunch of events on it.
>>
>>26134495
Thirded.
>>
>>26134527
Just map with no trainers or items?
>>
File: Route 9 v2.4.png (1 MB, 3840x2880) Image search: [Google]
Route 9 v2.4.png
1 MB, 3840x2880
Well here you are. Not 95%, only 88.5% was as close as we could get.
>>
>>26133993
Why are you acting like it's weird to be scared of doxing on Sage threads when two people have been very thoroughly doxed before?
>>
File: May 1 2016.png (269 KB, 700x464) Image search: [Google]
May 1 2016.png
269 KB, 700x464
>>26134326
iktfb
>>
>>26134571
Where da mangroves?
>>
>>26134673
>believing the mangroves meme.
>>
>>26134672
Fuck off swim
>>
>>26134688
:(
>>
>>26134688
>>26134673
No but really are we making a mangroves sprite?
>>
Hey.

I did dialogue ages ago, and did some "following Pokemon" stuff.
Need feedback, what do you all think? (Hoping setting categories are possible)

https://archive.is/asHtD#selection-10741.0-10741.5
>>
>>26134808
Of course. Definitely.
Maybe.
Probably not.
>>
>>26134571

There really needs to be more road between Dronia and the Scrapyard.
>>
When's 2.0?
>>
>>26136464
>>26132521
>>
>>26134917
These are great, would you be interested in working on more dialogue for the game?

>>26136464
June Fuckoffth, 2018
>>
>>26136464
February 31th
>>
>>26137098
Are you trying to recruit Chao right now
>>
>>26137429
Why is chao posting dialogue on the thread as if we didn't know who he was?
Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.